Thread: Quick Reply

Quick Reply

I think it would be great to install a quick reply of sorts. Now granted, it's probably not nessecary since this is a debate forum and most posts aren't 'quick', but it would be great for the 'Fun Debates' and easygoing stuff like that.
    Sit Tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I think it would be great to install a quick reply of sorts. Now granted, it's probably not nessecary since this is a debate forum and most posts aren't 'quick', but it would be great for the 'Fun Debates' and easygoing stuff like that.

What exactly do you mean by quick reply?
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon. Need I say more?" - Chris Rock

It would be a window to post a quick reply at the bottom of a forum page.
    Democrats campaigned on transparency. Yessireebob! They're transparent alright! People are seeing RIGHT THROUGH THEM!!

The Official Flag of the American Left
    http://www.worldclassflags.com/productimages/cf_ussr.gif

I'd like to find an example of how this would work.
    Like an echo down a canyon, never coming back as clear; Lately I just judge the distance not the words I hear.
    -Bob Seger

I'm still alive, must have been a miracle!
    -Meat Loaf

I think gmail does something like that. I just don't see the value of having it. Really all it would do was eliminate the need to hit the reply button, right? Is that really that tough to do?
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon. Need I say more?" - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Ooaman View Post
    I'd like to find an example of how this would work.
    whistlestopper.com

Just check out the bottom of any forum page.
    Democrats campaigned on transparency. Yessireebob! They're transparent alright! People are seeing RIGHT THROUGH THEM!!

The Official Flag of the American Left
    http://www.worldclassflags.com/productimages/cf_ussr.gif

For Dial-Up/56K users like myself, it's a blessing not having to open up another window. Visit 95 percent of other forums and I can guarantee that they will have quick reply. Quick Reply works like this:

Web Page:::::::::::
    -------------------
    Blah

Blah

Blah
    -------------------
    Quick Reply

You just enter the text into the quick reply space and submit it. No need to open up a second window.
    Sit Tight.

yes i also agree

why is there a limit

there shouldnt be a limit

on how many posts

i have to have

quick reply options strike me as the easy way to get out of taking the time to make a proper response. But different strokes for different folks.....

Quote Originally Posted by cockroach View Post
    why is there a limit
    It decreases the number of threads started by bots.

Quote Originally Posted by cleverfun3000 View Post
    quick reply options strike me as the easy way to get out of taking the time to make a proper response. But different strokes for different folks.....
    They also promote the same thoughtless one liners that are seem commonly in chatrooms.

I prefer the posting methods here, where some thought can be given to a reply.