Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ccehk tihs out!

Ccehk tihs out!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt! tahts so cool!!!
    Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
    -John Stuart Mill

Hehe, oldie, but true
    Life may not be exactly pleasant, but it is at least not dull. Heave yourself into Hell today, and you may miss, tomorrow or next day, another Scopes trial, or another War to End War, or perchance a rich and buxom widow with all her first husband's clothes. There are always more Hardings hatching. I advocate hanging on as long as possible.
    H. L. Mencken

I hadn't seen it before and I ran across it and thought it was amusing.
    Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
    -John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Shake
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt! tahts so cool!!!
    And Hree I toghuht you wree on cacrk or smtihenog lkie taht.
    Like an echo down a canyon, never coming back as clear; Lately I just judge the distance not the words I hear.
    -Bob Seger

I'm still alive, must have been a miracle!
    -Meat Loaf

Quote Originally Posted by Ooaman
    And Hree I toghuht you wree on cacrk or smtihenog lkie taht.
    Haha! Vrey fnnuy. And qitue celevr.
    -John Stuart Mill

it sometimes could matter, how about could. There is also the word cloud with the same letters at the start and finish. I guess the mind also sees the context and realizes it can't be "I couldn't believe I cloud...". I've seen this before, but still pretty amazing. Or Shluod I say azamnig
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon. Need I say more?" - Chris Rock

what? was something miss spelled?
    I ONLY APPOLIGE FOR MY SPELLING!

federal code defining the militia, look it up for your self.
    Title 10, Subtitle A, Part I, chapter 13, Sec. 311.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” — Theodore Roosevelt.

Wwo I neevr kenw taht! Tahts rellay amanznig.

But jsut try and tinhk of all the wdors taht hvae olny two or terhe ltertes in tehm.
    Like an echo down a canyon, never coming back as clear; Lately I just judge the distance not the words I hear.
    -Bob Seger

-Meat Loaf

Quote Originally Posted by Ooaman
    But jsut try and tinhk of all the wdors taht hvae olny two or terhe ltertes in tehm.
    I kown man. Terhe are so mnay!
    -John Stuart Mill

I'm azmead I hvae no tuorlbe rdineag tihs.
    Sit Tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender_Wiggin
    but do you hvae tourlbe rinadeg tihs? (seriously actually the 5th word there's a bit tougher than most. My mind had to try a few re-arranges before getting the word)
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon. Need I say more?" - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Ender_Wiggin
    Tath's waht mkeas it so cool! Yuor biran can pcik up on any of tshee czray tihgns twhorn at it!
    -John Stuart Mill

Okay, a little time out from the game to point something out...
    What about words like...
    Theatre Theater
    Centre Center

Those are the same words but the the last two letters are placed differently based upon where you write it.

I actually got confused one time when I was reading a Sci-fi story written by a British author because he kept talking about the Centre of the ship and I was wondering what the Centre was and if it was similar to the center.
    -Bob Seger

-Meat Loaf

My qeustoin is, is terhe a csaaul rlathniisep, or is it olny csaaul?

Waht if one deos a bteetr job of sbnrilacmg legnor wdros? Deos it not tehn bmeoce edneivt taht tihs spsouped bhgurrakoteh i'nst ture?

How aubot if oethr wrods are hedidn wihitn the slbracemd wrods?

Wtih any lcuk, yl'uol see taht the "it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are" cailm is oetstaverd bsulihlt.

-------------------

My question is, is there a causal relationship, or is it only casual?

What if one does a better job of scrambling longer words? Does it not then become evident that this supposed breakthrough isn't true?

How about if other words are hidden within the scrambled words?

With any luck, you'll see that the "it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are" claim is overstated bsulihlt.
    Organic chemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds. Biochemistry is the chemistry of carbon compounds that crawl.