Poll: What type of video game is best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Type of videogame is best?

What Type of videogame is best?

Just wondering.
    "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your mind, and love your neighbor as your self, there are no two greater commandments than thes" - Jesus Christ God of the Universe.

I would say racing. At least I think racing. If that is what games like Mario Kart and Crusin' USA are, then that's what I vote for.
    Like an echo down a canyon, never coming back as clear; Lately I just judge the distance not the words I hear.
    -Bob Seger

I'm still alive, must have been a miracle!
    -Meat Loaf

Aww can't decide I like strategy and shooters. Although you don't have RPG's up there though. I guess I'll go with strategy since I enjoy a good game of mind against mind now and than.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.
    Albert Camus

But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
    Mark Twain

Man - a creature made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.
    Mark Twain

RPGs all the way
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

"Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

Personally, I like variety more than I like any specific genres. How much I enjoy the game for the game is more important to me than what genre it's in. I have games that I like that would fit under shooters, strategy, RPGs, racing, action/adventure, old-school side scrollers, sports, etc. I do like some fighting games somewhat, but to be completely honest, they all feel pretty alike to me.
    Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
    -John Stuart Mill

OOps forgot RPG's, i have to agree with Master_Shake I love racing, shooters, strategy, sims ( forgot sims too, like flight sims etc., not like the series of games "The Sims")
    "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your mind, and love your neighbor as your self, there are no two greater commandments than thes" - Jesus Christ God of the Universe.

NONE! I can't sit still that long.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

"Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

I like RPG games, Like Megaman 64. So interactive sometimes I can't stop playing them for ages.

right now i'm very much involved (a nice way of saying addicted) to an rpg called runescape. online multiplayer, very interesting and fun

i voted racing. i love driving games
    when man tried to understand nature, theism was born
    when man tried to understand God, atheism was born

Im heavily biased towards online games. Love them
    Life may not be exactly pleasant, but it is at least not dull. Heave yourself into Hell today, and you may miss, tomorrow or next day, another Scopes trial, or another War to End War, or perchance a rich and buxom widow with all her first husband's clothes. There are always more Hardings hatching. I advocate hanging on as long as possible.
    H. L. Mencken

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 all the way!
    Why am I soft in the middle when the rest of my life is so hard? Paul Simon

Video games are just a way to keep you from being productive. The only ones that are worth anything at all are the ones that teach the player something worth learning. How to kill an electronically depicted target with an electronically depicted weapon is not a worthwhile lesson. It's simply one of many ways to keep people from actually doing something good.

I used to waste my time playing Tetrus (sp?), RadRacer, PacMan, Asteroids and various other non-sensical games. All they are meant for is to occupy your time...with something that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but entertain you for a while and to encourage your addiction to scoring higher than all others in some silly game.

All you who are still seriously addicted to electronic gaming should take a week off in the mountains without ANY electronics...or just buy a couple of fishing rigs and take a younger person to the lake for an afternoon of trying to outwit a real animal. It is far more gratifying than getting a sore muscle from punching a game button all day.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You really need to start playing games again if you think trying to outwit a fish is going to provide more benefit - put aside the various problem solving aspects to puzzle games, RTS and RPGs (and FPS to a limited degree), you are also forgetting the multiplayer aspect to most modern games where you are essentially trying to prove yourself faster or smarter than the opposition (or better team work from the point of view of MMORPGs).

Sure its not a complete substitute for other sports and hobbies, but games have increased massively in complexity nowadays, I'm sure you could measure various biochemical standards for mental exercise and you'd see that they are just as challenging as sports or hunting. Its just the getting up of fatr lazy arse issue that puts physical activities slightly further infront.

Isn't the point of fishing to drink beer and do nothing anyway? I was under the impression that the catching of fish was purely incidental...

That's hard to answer, well at least for me. I can enjoy just about every genre of game, except trading card ones like YUGIOH or Poke'mon whats the point of having trading cards if its on a console?
    I prefer FPS and TPS the most. Like Half-Life, Counterstrike, Conker, Halo etc...
    There are too many stupid people in the world and no one to eat them!
    -Carlos Mencia

I like sports games, although I like the strategy in them too. But hey, most games are fun. I mean that is the goal.
    "You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon. Need I say more?" - Chris Rock