Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D.u.i.

D.u.i.

A DUI is not very fun....as I have had the priveledge to find out. Here are some tips so you don't have to be as stupid as I was when I got mine.

First: Say as little as possible.....the officer will slant his report saying you had a very slurred speech.

Second: If you are pulled over after say 5 minutes of leaving a bar after like 2 drinks XXXX in the breathalizer fast....cause alcohol absorption has a bell curve effect....if you are hammered and haven't drank in an hour or so....STALL for as much time as possible.

Third: Don't necessarily refuse the breathilizer but evade by saying you wish to have a lawyer. In my case a lawyer was there, who was also a dick head cop.....if you think you're sobered up enough go ahead a XXXX...cause under .08 you're safe...but if you know you're still pretty drunk go ahead and take the 6 month penalty and your lawyer has more to work with to get you out of it.

Fourth: There is no such thing as justice, but money. If you get one get ready to pay everyone and their brother for your crime against society.

In my case I blew a .081%....considering the machine has a .01% margin of error....I find out my penalties April 6th.....

Live and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phoenix
    A DUI is not very fun....as I have had the priveledge to find out. Here are some tips so you don't have to be as stupid as I was when I got mine.
    I have an even better tip:

Don't ing drink and drive!
    Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
    -John Stuart Mill

You could ask to take it at the station...by the time you got there you would have been below .08.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Shake
    I have an even better tip:

Don't ing drink and drive!
    haha, yeah that is probably the best tip....but it seems too easy.

Or how's this for a tip. Don't drink and drive. I see from your "tips" that you're more concerned with how to weasel out of a DUI than how to prevent one. I hope your penalties are severe enough that you do "live and learn", and never drink and drive again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronus
    Or how's this for a tip. Don't drink and drive. I see from your "tips" that you're more concerned with how to weasel out of a DUI than how to prevent one. I hope your penalties are severe enough that you do "live and learn", and never drink and drive again.
    Amen to that!
    Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
    -John Stuart Mill

Live and Learn
    Hopefully. What prompted the officer to pull you over in the first place- intuition?
    Dono
    That we are to stand by the president, right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
    Theodore Roosevelt

JPSartre12 Guest

First: Say as little as possible.....the officer will slant his report saying you had a very slurred speech.

Second: If you are pulled over after say 5 minutes of leaving a bar after like 2 drinks XXXX in the breathalizer fast....cause alcohol absorption has a bell curve effect....if you are hammered and haven't drank in an hour or so....STALL for as much time as possible.

Third: Don't necessarily refuse the breathilizer but evade by saying you wish to have a lawyer. In my case a lawyer was there, who was also a dick head cop.....if you think you're sobered up enough go ahead a XXXX...cause under .08 you're safe...but if you know you're still pretty drunk go ahead and take the 6 month penalty and your lawyer has more to work with to get you out of it.

Fourth: There is no such thing as justice, but money. If you get one get ready to pay everyone and their brother for your crime against society.

In my case I blew a .081%....considering the machine has a .01% margin of error....I find out my penalties April 6th.....

Live and Learn
    No offense, but from the tone of your post, you haven't really learned from your plight. I hope the judge throws the book at you.

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12
    No offense, but from the tone of your post, you haven't really learned from your plight. I hope the judge throws the book at you.
    Amen again!
    -John Stuart Mill

No sympathy from me. The advice you offer sounds like you're plotting your next defense. I drink, but in this politically correct day and age with DWI quotas I'd never get behind the wheel of a vehicle after more than one in a two-hour period, even knowing all the statistics of my 195lb weight being able to dissipate one ounce of alcohol per hour. Why? Our state has the .8 threshold for a DWI citation, but it also has a driving impaired by alcohol/controlled substance citation at the citing officer's discretion not requiring any field or chemical tests. Same penalty structure, same suddenly astronomical insurance rates, same stupidity is the way most judges here view either citation. Getting a designated driver, hiring a car, taking public transportation, renting a room or walking are all far better options than drinking and driving. And far less expensive.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

Sorry I guess I should have explained my situation a little more clearer. This is what happened....

First I admit before that I have drank and drove home before...but with in the past 3-4 months before that night I wasn't doing that anymore...since one of my best friends got a DUI...we all had a buddy system where we drove each other home.....

So a bunch of buddies and I headed out to this huge party down in the boon docks...where I rarely go...it's a small town way south of where I live...we were in a huge heated horse arena thing and there was like 150 people there and stuff....well my buddy and I were drinking and my other buddy was driving so we got pretty blitzed....well that party got over about 1 in the morning..and my friends found there was another party down the road about a mile or so....I really didn't want to go but my friend that was driving did...so I said whatever...I want to be home by 3 a.m....so that would mean an hour or two just hanging out there....

Well we got there and it was only like 40-50 people in another barn...talk about hickish right?....anyways so most of the people there were around 21-25 years old...I'm only 19 now.....you'll understand in a second.....

Well my bestfriend's ex-girlfriend was there and her best friend wanted my friend, Cody, to leave.....Cody asked why since his Ex didn't care....she, the best friend, was all drunk and started yelling...well at that point some big dudes came over and started telling us to leave...I proceeded to get in the middle and say I'll get everyone to leave...just give me a minute or two while I gather all of us up...like 15 people..and we'd be gone.....well the kid that was driving Cody was up on stage chasing tail and dancing.....so I dragged him off and brought him down by the 'crowd' and I started trying to drag people away from fighting...well they all started shoving but we broke it up...then my one friend starts yelling all beligerant drunk how it's BS and they shouldn't be wanting to fight us when we were leaving...I turn to yell at him when all of a sudden I get shoved for no reason...I get ###### so my friend grabs me and just tells me let's go....

Next thing I know I get rocked in the back of the head while I'm walking out the door.....so I jump out side...and knock out the dude who hit me....well my bestfriend saw another kid going to hit me from behind so he lays him out...and like 5 guys grab him and start kicking the XXXX out of him....we break the fight up and I run to my car....at this point the whole party is outside...and throwing beer bottles at us...2 other fights broke out...and I was just trying to get the hell out of there....

Well long story short...we get out....and I had jumped in the car with 2 other friends....I had been knocked out for a couple seconds, had one to many beers, confused as to where I was (I was genuinely lost) and ###### about being jumped by guys that were that old and I had nothing to do with the whole thing...

Well I had planned on pulling over and letting my friend drive, who was sober...once I found a place we recognized...instead I panicked and started speed cause I couldn't find any road that I knew....next thing I know I see a car pullo out from behind a barn...I was doing 70 in a 55....so the rest is pretty easy to figure out from there...

I was speeding in the country..and when I say speeding...I was way out where I saw maybe two or 3 house/barns in sight after 15 minutes of driving lost....there was no one out where I was...

Yes I know it's bad to drink and drive....my good friends dad died from it...my 3 good friends have DUIs.....and I'm smart enough to know why....

It was just a bogus night.....so I find out Thursday at court what exactly is going to happen...

If you blew a .08 you should have taken the charges to trial, lawyer or not, unless you appeared obviously impaired to the arresting officer. I would guess that would be the case considering you were still probably highly agitated from the circumstances minutes before being pulled over.

At any rate, this is going to cost you a lot of money (and time) even if it is your first D.U.I. I had my only D.U.I. back in 1990 and as I recall the fine was around $1,200, the two hour three night a week classes cost $1,000 and the transportion costs of six months without a liscense, plus the $100 bond the county refused to refund (f'n crooks).

I had backed a car out of a driveway into to move it to the other side of a private driveway so I had room to work on my car which was broken down - the engine was out of my car. While doing so I bumped another car in the drive way and the old no-life neighbors (noses pressed against the window no doubt) across the street decided to call the police as if their life was in danger apparently...four county squads arrived and I resisted arrest. I didn't fight with them - just refused to be handcuffed. Because I had backed the car's back tires onto a public road while moving it - it was a D.U.I. according to the police and according to the court.

Hey, it's not like the old days when I was a young buck - the cops would cut a person some slack back then. A good cop then would have taken the keys and given ya'll a ride home...maybe talked to you or your parents. Now, it's all about the money. The cops have quota's and salary base incentives for making arrests because it generates mucho revenue for the state. Why do you think they conduct all of the mis-named "roadside safety checks"? They should be called what they are; legalized roadside shakedowns.

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Heads_On_Pikes
    Hey, it's not like the old days when I was a young buck - the cops would cut a person some slack back then. A good cop then would have taken the keys and given ya'll a ride home...maybe talked to you or your parents. Now, it's all about the money. The cops have quota's and salary base incentives for making arrests because it generates mucho revenue for the state. Why do you think they conduct all of the mis-named "roadside safety checks"? They should be called what they are; legalized roadside shakedowns.
    Wrong! It's all about the DEATHS caused by stupidity while driving drunk.
    Of the 16,694 people who died in alcohol-related crashes in 2004, 8256 (57%) were killed in crashes where the driver had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 g/dL or higher. The legal limit for BAC is currently .08 in all states in the US.

Traffic fatalities in alcohol-related crashes fell by 2.4 percent, from 17,105 in 2003 to 16,694 in 2004. Although this is definitely an improvement, it is still a lot of dead fellow citizens. To put this in perspective, it is equivalent to a fully loaded Boeing 747 crashing, and leaving no survivors, every nine days all year long over 39 airplanes in total.

The 16,694 fatalities in alcohol-related crashes during 2004 represent an average of one alcohol-related fatality every 31 minutes.

NHTSA estimates that alcohol was involved in 39 percent of fatal crashes and in 7 percent of all crashes in 2004.

In 2004, 21 percent of the children age 14 and younger who were killed in motor vehicle crashes were killed in alcohol-related crashes.

An estimated 248,000 people were injured in crashes where police reported that alcohol was present an average of one person injured approximately every 2 minutes.

The rate of alcohol involvement in fatal crashes is more than 3 times higher at night than during the day (60% vs. 18%).

The highest percentage of drivers in fatal crashes who had BAC levels of .08 or higher was for males and drivers ages 21 to 24.

The percentages of drivers with BAC levels of .08 or higher in fatal crashes in 2004 were 27% for motorcycle operators, 22% for passenger cars, and 21% for light trucks. The percentage of drivers with BAC levels .08 or higher in fatal crashes was the lowest for large trucks (1%).

In 2004, 85 percent (11,791) of the 13,952 drivers with BAC of .01 or higher who were involved in fatal crashes had BAC levels at or above .08, and 51 percent (7,084) had BAC levels at or above .16. The most frequently recorded BAC level among drinking drivers involved in fatal crashes was .18.
    http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-dr...tatistics.html

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12
    Wrong! It's all about the DEATHS caused by stupidity while driving drunk.
    Call me cynical of governmental organizations, but if there not a single dime to be made from tougher D.U.I. laws I highly doubt we would have seen the push we have seen in the past twenty years or so. Money talks and ultimatly guides legislation - and always will.

Now don't get me wrong here, I am totally against driving drunk. I don't do it and preach against it. However, I do have a serious problem with the constitutionality of random "roadside safety checks". That is a matter for another thread I suppose.

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Heads_On_Pikes
    Call me cynical of governmental organizations, but if there not a single dime to be made from tougher D.U.I. laws I highly doubt we would have seen the push we have seen in the past twenty years or so. Money talks and ultimatly guides legislation - and always will.

Now don't get me wrong here, I am totally against driving drunk. I don't do it and preach against it. However, I do have a serious problem with the constitutionality of random "roadside safety checks". That is a matter for another thread I suppose.
    Oh, I agree with you on the random stop issue, but writing DUI tickets aren't making a city rich, trust me.