Thread: Blair's future?

Blair's future?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4668980.stm

Perhaps someone from the UK can tell me how Blair plans to retain office until 2010.

While it didn't get the coverage of this instance, Blair was recently somewhat economically abandoned by the Bush Administration as the US Pentagon dropped Rolls Royce as a potential engine maker for the new multi-nation fighter jet.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

Well, he won't last till 2010, because he has an agreement with Gordon Brown to go within 2 years. He could, however, unless he loses a vote of no confidence in parliament. It's also likely he will go if he loses his education trainwreck plan. The no confidence thing is key though. If he loses that then he will pretty much have to call a general election, but it's unlikely because he still has a majority of 60, and the rebels will come back to him on a confidence vote, not least because they'll get lynched by central office if they don't, eg have problems getting selected as a candidate etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett
    Well, he won't last till 2010, because he has an agreement with Gordon Brown to go within 2 years. He could, however, unless he loses a vote of no confidence in parliament. It's also likely he will go if he loses his education trainwreck plan. The no confidence thing is key though. If he loses that then he will pretty much have to call a general election, but it's unlikely because he still has a majority of 60, and the rebels will come back to him on a confidence vote, not least because they'll get lynched by central office if they don't, eg have problems getting selected as a candidate etc.
    According to the article his education issue is planned as an attempt to overcome the Iraq blunder to serve as his political epitaph.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~