Thread: Seagate Takes over Maxtor

Seagate Takes over Maxtor

If you haven't heard, Seagate...the leader in Hard Drive manufacturing is taking over Maxtor which has been stuggling for years now. I did a report on Seagate last year when it was trading at around 10 bucks a share...I projected it to go to around 20...I didn't buy it though and it went to 20....ugh.

I think the most common comment about missed opportunity I've heard (and hear) is 'I remember when I could have bought that piece of property (insert now extremely valuable real estate) is sitting on for almost nothing'.

Second would be stocks, though not as frequently over the past five years as few people I know are still in equity markets other than blue chips for portfolio mix.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

I didn't plan or think about buying it...you gotta remember that accountants are restricted in many ways sometimes...then again, I don't expect you to know I am an accountant.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve
    I didn't plan or think about buying it...you gotta remember that accountants are restricted in many ways sometimes...then again, I don't expect you to know I am an accountant.
    I don't know who or what you are. You have posted you were at one time studying accounting, deeply respected the economic opinions of your accounting instructors, are a government accountant without closing schedule requirements of public accounting, are a devoted Christian who defends traditional Southern values and opine most moral issues from a new testament biblical position. On the surface your posts appear to be a younger, accountant version of Jim the engineer from Georgia without his 1950s era patriotic positions.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    If you haven't heard, Seagate...the leader in Hard Drive manufacturing is taking over Maxtor which has been stuggling for years now. I did a report on Seagate last year when it was trading at around 10 bucks a share...I projected it to go to around 20...I didn't buy it though and it went to 20....ugh.

And i always thought maxtor made better drives... I guess they will be the same now.
    Help me vote to make a difference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Vote on the issues not the people.

Quote Originally Posted by georged View Post
    I don't know who or what you are. You have posted you were at one time studying accounting, deeply respected the economic opinions of your accounting instructors, are a government accountant without closing schedule requirements of public accounting, are a devoted Christian who defends traditional Southern values and opine most moral issues from a new testament biblical position. On the surface your posts appear to be a younger, accountant version of Jim the engineer from Georgia without his 1950s era patriotic positions.
    ha, I never saw this typed.

I'd like to think of myself as a younger accountant haha although I've hearing a lot more that I am "old" but perhaps this is because I am near a bunch of younger folks a lot.

Anyway, I'll never reveal who I work for, where, or how I do it on these forums...and for that matter I never reveal my race (which makes for some funny comments).

Anyway, I am always studying accounting in some way shape or form and I often am in a position to talk with my old professors about economic and accounting news. In fact, I ran into a few of them at a bowl game this year. As for governmental accounting...yeah, I deal mainly with governmental stuff..specifically tax, audit, and financial reporting with a few other things mixed in.

Traditional southern values? I dunno about that one. Perhaps in some respects but its hard to label me as any one set of moral beliefs. I do like values such as respect, honesty, and putting others before yourself (thats badly worded) and those tend to be thought of as Southern values sometimes.

So lets recap Steeeeve's profile for those that are so very interested in my life:

-Younger than Jim (I think) but out of college
    -Male
    -No specified race
    -Accounting degree
    -Works in a place that deals mostly with government accounting and various other aspects
    -Has the ability to frequent conversations with professors
    -Is annoyed by CPEs
    -Used to be in Virginia
    -Doesn't work for the GAO or PCAOB

There you have it Glad to know some are interested ha.
    Last edited by Steeeeve; 04-09-2007 at 03:54 PM. Reason: made a mistake about location

500 Trading System

Take a look at the track record page of
    That's very good trading.