Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: get drunk

get drunk

its as simple as that.
    touch down, turn around. everything is safe and sound. i am yours and and you are mine. anywhere and everytime.

It is a simple solution for a very simple person. Glad it works for you.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by simone
    It is a simple solution for a very simple person. Glad it works for you.
    LOL. Nice. BTW: Jesus was a radical, leftist liberal? I knew there was a reason I did not like him. At any rate, Jesus and Pattycakes Robertson will have plenty to talk about. I hope there is a direct line from hell, the toll charges would be murder.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

"Beer is proof that God loves us very much" Benjamin Franklin, at least that's something I can agree on.
    Remember: Be excellent to each other.
    Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed. - Cato senior

Quote Originally Posted by C. Langana
    "Beer is proof that God loves us very much" Benjamin Franklin, at least that's something I can agree on.
    That's an odd quote coming from Franklin, who I believe was a teetotaler.

Homer Simpson had this to say, " Alcohol: the cause of, and the solution to, all of life's problems."
    - Which is worse--ignorance or apathy? For my part, I don't know and I don't care. -

Quote Originally Posted by billsco
    That's an odd quote coming from Franklin, who I believe was a teetotaler.
    By no means. He was a brewer, and thought that ale was good for you, in moderation.

MacDuff: What three things does drink especially provoke?

Porter: Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and urine.
    Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes; it provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance.

emoreno2292 Guest
    Winston Churchill, at a party, was approached by a woman, who said, "Prime minister, you're drunk!"
    To which the Prime minister responded, "I may be drunk, my lady, but BLLLEEEEAAARRRRRGGGGHH!!!"

Drinking can be good fun, just be responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by emoreno2292
    Winston Churchill, at a party, was approached by a woman, who said, "Prime minister, you're drunk!"
    To which the Prime minister responded, "I may be drunk, my lady, but BLLLEEEEAAARRRRRGGGGHH!!!"

Drinking can be good fun, just be responsible.
    "Yes my dear lady, I am drunk. In the morning I shall be sober. However, in the morning you will still be ugly!"
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

emoreno2292 Guest
    That is such a great quote. What I wrote there was from a book by humor columnist Dave Barry. I think the book was called "Dave Barry Slept Here."
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronus
    By no means. He was a brewer, and thought that ale was good for you, in moderation.
    I read Franklin's unfinished autobiography. IIRC, he said he didn't drink. He was quite a socialite, attending every party he could and I recall his ruminations about often being the only sober person in the room. I no longer have the book so I'm not sure but this brief PBS bio seems to confirm my recollection.

Being in the brewing business, it's understandable why he promoted drinking. He also wrote this memorable quote: "There can't be good living where there is not good drinking."
    - Which is worse--ignorance or apathy? For my part, I don't know and I don't care. -

It could be that he used to drink and then decided he would be better off without it.
    Like an echo down a canyon, never coming back as clear; Lately I just judge the distance not the words I hear.
    -Bob Seger

I'm still alive, must have been a miracle!
    -Meat Loaf

Quote Originally Posted by billsco
    I read Franklin's unfinished autobiography. IIRC, he said he didn't drink. He was quite a socialite, attending every party he could and I recall his ruminations about often being the only sober person in the room. I no longer have the book so I'm not sure but this brief PBS bio seems to confirm my recollection.

Being in the brewing business, it's understandable why he promoted drinking. He also wrote this memorable quote: "There can't be good living where there is not good drinking."
    Sounds pretty smart to me. Stay sober and manipulate everybody else while they are in a submissive drunken stupor.

Franklin was a big fan of orgies, and he did say that quote that was mentioned earlier, so I doubt he had a big problem with drinkin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNo
    Sounds pretty smart to me. Stay sober and manipulate everybody else while they are in a submissive drunken stupor.
    Why not? It's not your fault they're stupid.
    Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
    -John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Shake
    Why not? It's not your fault they're stupid.
    Who was it that said to do sober what you said you would do when you're drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Like an echo down a canyon, never coming back as clear; Lately I just judge the distance not the words I hear.
    -Bob Seger

I'm still alive, must have been a miracle!
    -Meat Loaf