Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Help!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,178

    Help!

    Yesterday I was working in my home office and my wife was watching TV with the kids. She fell asleep. The kids got hungry and got on the refrigerator and got out the spaghetti sauce. Our 3 yr old got the lid off. She decided it was nothing that she wanted to eat, so she gave it to the 18 month old who will eat anything.

    Of course, he got it EVERYWHERE. All over himself, the kitchen, the living room, and even smeared it all over the walls. An interesting fact that I did not previously know... Did you know that if you cover your hair with spaghetti sauce, it turns it bright orange? I am not talking a pleasant orange hue. I mean bright, clown orange. And it does not wash out.

    My mother in law suggested that we use vinegar mixed with water to try to get it out. That changed it from clown orange to a neon orange...it kind of reminds me of highway cones.

    Does anybody know if there is any way to get this color out of the kids hair? He is usually blond. We have kind of ruled out dye due to his age.

    Any ideas? This is going to be an interesting christamas if we cannot change his hair back.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    7,012
    Quote Originally Posted by daewoo
    Yesterday I was working in my home office and my wife was watching TV with the kids. She fell asleep. The kids got hungry and got on the refrigerator and got out the spaghetti sauce. Our 3 yr old got the lid off. She decided it was nothing that she wanted to eat, so she gave it to the 18 month old who will eat anything.

    Of course, he got it EVERYWHERE. All over himself, the kitchen, the living room, and even smeared it all over the walls. An interesting fact that I did not previously know... Did you know that if you cover your hair with spaghetti sauce, it turns it bright orange? I am not talking a pleasant orange hue. I mean bright, clown orange. And it does not wash out.

    My mother in law suggested that we use vinegar mixed with water to try to get it out. That changed it from clown orange to a neon orange...it kind of reminds me of highway cones.

    Does anybody know if there is any way to get this color out of the kids hair? He is usually blond. We have kind of ruled out dye due to his age.

    Any ideas? This is going to be an interesting christamas if we cannot change his hair back.
    Bleach will do it. You can even match his natural color.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Native Texan currently residing in Wisconsin
    Posts
    867
    I say you oughta wrap some spaghetti around it's head and add an Italian sausage or two. Just go with it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,474
    peroxcide should be much safer than cleach on a child.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    "It is never freedom of religion and freedom of speech when you use your religion as a guise to demean other people."
    ---------------------------------------------------

    I have joined the world of blogging...at
    www.joebrummer.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,178
    My wife is looking into both options. Thanks, guys, I was trying ot figure out how good a job I could do in photoshop fixing it (christmas pictures). I am really hoping it won't come to that.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Native Texan currently residing in Wisconsin
    Posts
    867
    Kids. Gotta love 'em. This will make for a wonderful memory when they get old. Enjoy them while you can.
    They get old so quick.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,178
    We ended up going with the bleach, primarily becuase of the ability to more closely control the color change. I held him down while the wife did the deed. His hair is back to its normal color!!

    Thanks, folks!
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthsayer
    Kids. Gotta love 'em. This will make for a wonderful memory when they get old. Enjoy them while you can.
    They get old so quick.
    We have 2, and very probably a third on the way. The first, a little girl, was easy to enjoy. She liked to play quiet games on the floor. The second, a boy, is not so enjoyable. Having him is like having a little tornado running around the house. He destroys everything he touches. Have you ever seen a pen sticking out of the screen of a laptop? I have, thanks to our little bundle of destruction.

    I like the little guy, and am glad we have him, but I am vaugly concerned about his destructive impulses, and with the cunning he displays in planning and executing his guerilla attacks.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Native Texan currently residing in Wisconsin
    Posts
    867
    Mine are about all grown...

    The passive infant turned into the wild teenager. The rambunctious infant turned into the laid-back teenager. They can do total flip-flops so don't worry about it too much at this stage of the game.

    But they can sure do some damage. My two nephews are pure walking natural disasters. They have their own parking spot at the Emergency Room. They know no fear. I blame a bit of that on their "let them run wild" father. What can I do?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,073
    Having him is like having a little tornado running around the house. He destroys everything he touches. Have you ever seen a pen sticking out of the screen of a laptop? I have, thanks to our little bundle of destruction.

    I like the little guy, and am glad we have him, but I am vaugly concerned about his destructive impulses, and with the cunning he displays in planning and executing his guerilla attacks.
    Takse after his daddy, doesn't he?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Iuris
    Takse after his daddy, doesn't he?

    hehehe...Maybe a little bit. The boy is going to need some direction in life. My parents say he is exactly like I was when I was young...smart enough to be unusually dangerous and absolutely fearless.


    We got the orange out of his hair as previously reported. My wife scheduled a photographer for tomorrow to take some Christmas pictures. Tonight, he took a header in the bath tub and now is sporting a massive shiner. The poor little guys eye is nearly swollen shut.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthsayer
    Mine are about all grown...

    The passive infant turned into the wild teenager. The rambunctious infant turned into the laid-back teenager. They can do total flip-flops so don't worry about it too much at this stage of the game.

    But they can sure do some damage. My two nephews are pure walking natural disasters. They have their own parking spot at the Emergency Room. They know no fear. I blame a bit of that on their "let them run wild" father. What can I do?
    how old are they? I always worry that I am not diciplining our boy enough, but it is difficult to dicipline somebody who is not yet two in such a manner that they associate the punishment with their actions.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •