Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the earliest known forms of written history?

peteratwar Guest
    If you haven't got words pictures will do to provide a record of what went on.

Quote Originally Posted by peteratwar View Post
    If you haven't got words pictures will do to provide a record of what went on.
    Long time no see Peter.

I guess you are referring to Baron's and my comments about good ole winston?

peteratwar Guest
    Yep!

Still around, still visit & log in when I want to say something.

Seems strange but I can log in a year later and still the same old battles are being fought!

Joel_Henderson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Man View Post
    The thread topic says it all pretty much. I was just bored and wondering if anyone knew what are the earliest documents we posses of mankind. Thanks ahead of time.
    Cave-drawings, DUH!

Archangel Guest
    Here's an example of a cave drawing which has rocked the scientific world. And it shows that Cave Paintings definitely tell a story, but not an easy story to interpret.

My interpretation of it is different than both given in the link. I can't explain the hunters state of arousal, but it might reflect his love for the hunt. Or it might represent what the first critique suggests. But if the horse knows the man, why is he hiding in the shadows and why does he need the club rather than rope to restrain him if sex is his goal?

But I interpret the shadows that show him in the dark, and the front half of the horse in the dark with the horses rear in the light, and the corresponding light matching up on the cave wall as him lying in wait for the horse as it passes him when he then clubs it. Either to catch it as transportation or to kill it for food.
    UnNews:Cave painting rocks scientific world - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

And here are stock photos of numerous other cave paintings which have been discovered.

Cave painting Stock Photo Images. 342 Cave painting royalty free images and photography available to buy from over 100 stock photo companies.

We really need a "face/palm" emoticon on this board for when Archie posts...

Archie, google "uncyclopedia".

How many times have you been told to fact check?

Did you even read the article?
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

"Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post
    We really need a "face/palm" emoticon on this board for when Archie posts...

Archie, google "uncyclopedia".

How many times have you been told to fact check?

Did you even read the article?
    I read the explanations and disagreed with them so I gave my own interpretation of the paintings meaning. But I did take it at face value that it was a serious article. After looking more closely, I'm embarrassed that I didn't see that it's not based in fact. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll know better regarding that site in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I read the explanations and disagreed with them so I gave my own interpretation of the paintings meaning. But I did take it at face value that it was a serious article. After looking more closely, I'm embarrassed that I didn't see that it's not based in fact. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll know better regarding that site in the future.
    You're welcome.
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

"Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

The earliest writtings are

The earliest writings are

"The Emerald Tablets"

Have a google!!