Thread: How many men does it take to change a lightbulb in the EU?

How many men does it take to change a lightbulb in the EU?

Evidently at least four, and costs about 1300 Pounds.

http://avantgo.thetimes.co.uk/servic...832445,00.html

You guys really have a “Working at Heights/Scaffolding directive 2001/45/EU”?
    - Which is worse--ignorance or apathy? For my part, I don't know and I don't care. -

Quote Originally Posted by billsco
    You guys really have a “Working at Heights/Scaffolding directive 2001/45/EU”?
    It's true title is the "Temporary Work at Height Directive 2001/45 EC" (not EU as the article suggests) and it is an amendment to "Use of Work Equipment Council Directive 89/655/EEC"

You can read a brief overview of Britain's implementation of this updated directive (Work at Height Regulations SI2005 N0735) by the Health and Safety Council here: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg401.pdf

I think the article is either made-up or the church was fleeced by cowboys. The directive does not stipulate a maximum height for ladders, it instead lays down rules on ensuring that ladders are only used for quick jobs (which this was) and that they are properly secured.

The Times is owned by Murdoch. Murdoch doesn't like the EU as the EU seeks to limit Murdoch's monopolistic desires. Any story about the EU from the Times needs to be treated with a high degree of skeptism. Think of it as the Fox News of British newspapers (ie it is right-wing propaganda dressed up as fair and unbaised respectable journalism).
    Accurate and within-context quote censored by the admin.

most of the EU scare stories are made up or exaggerated, and apologies are never as prominient as the original rubbish article. It's this sort of XXXX that makes me wonder how anyone can claim the British press is left wing.

Thanks for info.........