Poll: Can ex-gays really become hetersexual?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85

Thread: Ex-gays or not

  1. #1
    Raastee Guest

    Ex-gays or not

    Can ex-gays really become heterosexual?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nouvhere
    Posts
    1,300
    Why else would they be called "ex-" gays?
    How many socialists does it take to change a lightbulb?

    Answer: Why should they have to change it? The government should provide this essential service for free! And anyone opposed to this is opposed to changing light bulbs and advocates that poor people should sit in the dark!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,062
    There are only two options either they were only pretanding to be gay in the first place or they are pretending not to be gay after the said cure. Then again who knows if they want to try and change its their lives if they want to put themselves through torture it really is non of my business.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

    "Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,073
    Personally, I think it's more that most of these treated "homosexuals" were actually heterosexuals and they simply suppresse half of their sexuality.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    1,242
    Or maybe they're just bisexual's who prefered one sex, then found a partner of the other?

    -Wez

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S
    There are only two options either they were only pretanding to be gay in the first place or they are pretending not to be gay after the said cure. Then again who knows if they want to try and change its their lives if they want to put themselves through torture it really is non of my business.
    Actually, there are 3 total options:
    1. They're celibate. They're still gay. They just aren't doing anything about it.
    2. They're bi and always have been. Now, they just restrict themselves to the straight end of the sexuality spectrum.
    3. They're gay and playing straight.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    In grade 12 i took sociology and family relations, and the teacher told us of a Doctor, i can't remember his name, who was actually treating gays. These Homosexuals would go to this Doctor and the Doctor was able to turn them straight. However, he had to stop his practice because people where harassing him about it, even though these people where going to him willingly.
    I wish i could remember his name, but thats besides the point, the point is they went from homo to hetro
    What would Reagan do?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    No, the point is that they allegedly did.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett
    No, the point is that they allegedly did.
    So are you saying, that when a gay person says, "hey, im straight now" he must be lying?
    What would Reagan do?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    In grade 12 i took sociology and family relations, and the teacher told us of a Doctor, i can't remember his name, who was actually treating gays. These Homosexuals would go to this Doctor and the Doctor was able to turn them straight. However, he had to stop his practice because people where harassing him about it, even though these people where going to him willingly.
    I wish i could remember his name, but thats besides the point, the point is they went from homo to hetro

    The problem with the 'ex-gay' is that there is 1) a very high level of revitism amoung them, and 2) an extremely high level of suicide amoung them.

    In addition, manh of the 'ex-gay' memeber are found to lead double lives, and never actually leave their homosexual behavior behind. One amusing example is when two of the founding members of an 'ex-gay' group got togather, and left the 'ex-gay' group to live with each other.
    ‎"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor
    The problem with the 'ex-gay' is that there is 1) a very high level of revitism amoung them, and 2) an extremely high level of suicide amoung them.

    In addition, manh of the 'ex-gay' memeber are found to lead double lives, and never actually leave their homosexual behavior behind. One amusing example is when two of the founding members of an 'ex-gay' group got togather, and left the 'ex-gay' group to live with each other.
    Thats fine, but is that really enough to suggest that it is impossible to change from a homo to a hetro? I don't think so. Sure there is a high level of revitism, but that level isn't at 100%.
    What would Reagan do?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    Just because most Catholic priests stay celibate, doesn't mean they're asexual. You can change behaviour, but not sexuality. If you're not attracted to people of the opposite sex then you can't force that attraction. Basically, think about it the other way round, could you force yourself to be attracted to people of the same sex (assuming you aren't already)?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett
    Just because most Catholic priests stay celibate, doesn't mean they're asexual. You can change behaviour, but not sexuality. If you're not attracted to people of the opposite sex then you can't force that attraction. Basically, think about it the other way round, could you force yourself to be attracted to people of the same sex (assuming you aren't already)?
    No one said that the priest was asexual. But a gay man did say that he became straight. And thats the point. you can change and theres nothing at all wrong with conducting studies and wanting to changing. Its not politically incorrect, its not unethical. Some obviously want to change; sometimes the don't, yes it would appear that its very hard for some and easier for others. But it can happen.

    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=34943
    What would Reagan do?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    No one said that the priest was asexual. But a gay man did say that he became straight. And thats the point. you can change and theres nothing at all wrong with conducting studies and wanting to changing. Its not politically incorrect, its not unethical. Some obviously want to change; sometimes the don't, yes it would appear that its very hard for some and easier for others. But it can happen.

    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=34943
    It's terribly difficult to convince the gay priders that being gay is a matter of choice. When held beside the stigma of "abomination" preached by the bible-thumpers, there is guilt to be attached with the choice.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    1,242
    Evan: Do you think you could make yourself sexual attracted to men and not find any women [at all] sexually attractive?

    -Wez

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •