Poll: Can ex-gays really become hetersexual?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ex-gays or not

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. You're way too young to have such problems.
    Thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post

I donít have a problem with where you post. I just made an observation that every new gay here runs to the gay threads first as if his/her total identity was determined by his/her sexual proclivity. And as a consequence, old dead gay threads keep getting rehashed. Iím a hetero, but I didnít jump on old hetero threads when I joined. Iím much more than my sexuality. To borrow a phrase ďStop thinking with your dipstick, JohnnyĒ.
    When ones rights are limited and when ones love for someone special is at stake of course debating such issues would be paramount in ones life. Sure sexuality is not only one thing that determines a person and I fully agree.

Me being gay is but a small part in the bigger part of my life. However, seeing the suffering of others and having lived through such suffering because of who I am is why I see such issues in need of being addressed and debated.

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
    When ones rights are limited and when ones love for someone special is at stake of course debating such issues would be paramount in ones life. Sure sexuality is not only one thing that determines a person and I fully agree.

Me being gay is but a small part in the bigger part of my life. However, seeing the suffering of others and having lived through such suffering because of who I am is why I see such issues in need of being addressed and debated.
    Hyperbole aside, how is "one's love for someone special at stake" wrt any of these topics? I don't recall anyone advocating shooting or imprisoning gays. Did I miss something?

Hmm, well yes and no. I suppose it depends on how you view homosexuality to begin with. I don't believe in sexual orientation and all that non-sense. In my beliefs it's a choice, a sin, just like any other. So when my friend stopped entertaining the acts of homosexuality, he didn't become heterosexual, he simple stopped giving in to temptations. He'd always been heterosexual, however he made choices to act on homosexual temptations with other men.

Homosexuality is psychological and should therefore benefit from therapy.

Re:

They called ex-gays because they become heterosexual.With the passage of time the feelings of many person changes.And they try something new so that's the main reason that are ex gays now.And may be they came back again on the same orientation after some time.

North Oaks, Minnesota, United States of America
    There are amazing drugs being created these days and many mental health issues have been brought under control thanks to those drugs. I don't see any reason why, science can't help people that suffer from homosexual mental health issues, can't be helped too.
    Anonymous,

"Profanity (or name calling) is the last refuge of the truly ignorant."

Quote Originally Posted by Raastee View Post
    Can ex-gays really become heterosexual?
    If people were naturally heterosexual to begin with.

NOTE: I had a friend online go through similar steps of forgiveness and healing.
    After he came to peace with his natural self, he came out as transgender.
    So people go back to their original state when they forgive and heal of
    any other conditions causing them to be or behave other than their natural spiritual state.

Wink

Lol :d :d :d :d :d