Poll: Can ex-gays really become hetersexual?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85

Thread: Ex-gays or not

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Oz
    Posts
    3,253
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackAttack1887 View Post
    For me, Gay Rights are very important because closed minded bigots don't want us to have the same rights that straight people automatically get. It's also the issue I know best....
    I want gays to have the same rights as straights and I want the government to get out of marriage, so that gays and straights (and polygamists for that matter) have the same rights there too.

    But because I oppose "special" rights for gays, that apparently makes me a bigot... In fact opposing anything deemed "good for gays", apparently makes you a bigot. In this sense I am saddened by the "gay rights" movement, which like the feminist movement before it, at some point transitioned from a struggle for liberation to a struggle for whatever it can extort.
    He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes.

    ~ Gandhi

  2. #62
    JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackAttack1887 View Post
    ...Sex has nothing to do with it. For me, Gay Rights are very important because closed minded bigots don't want us to have the same rights that straight people automatically get. It's also the issue I know best.

    Not that it's any concern of yours, but I have been reading other threads...
    Reading, but not posting. Show us that you're not one-dimensional. We have enough gay cheerleaders here.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    171
    I have been posting in other forums. If you gave me more than a few hours to read through this brand new board and gave me a chance, you would see I'm not one dimensional.

  4. #64
    JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackAttack1887 View Post
    I have been posting in other forums. If you gave me more than a few hours to read through this brand new board and gave me a chance, you would see I'm not one dimensional.
    14 in gay threads, a smattering of anti-religion, pro-abortion, yadda, yadda, yadda. I'd say predictable liberal. <yawn>
    Show me some of that "gifted mind". Tell me why you AREN't a Kool-aid drinking Obama rah rah-type cheerleader.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    14 in gay threads, a smattering of anti-religion, pro-abortion, yadda, yadda, yadda. I'd say predictable liberal. <yawn>
    Show me some of that "gifted mind". Tell me why you AREN't a Kool-aid drinking Obama rah rah-type cheerleader.
    I don't drink Kool-Aid. And I can see predictable closed minded guy who see only what he wants to see.

  6. #66
    JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackAttack1887 View Post
    I don't drink Kool-Aid. And I can see predictable closed minded guy who see only what he wants to see.
    Did I represent your posting accurately or not? Be careful in your response, anyone with a few minutes can check to see who's right.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    Did I represent your posting accurately or not? Be careful in your response, anyone with a few minutes can check to see who's right.
    ...Why would I lie over something as stupid as where I post? Big deal if you don't approve of where I post.

  8. #68
    JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackAttack1887 View Post
    ...Why would I lie over something as stupid as where I post? Big deal if you don't approve of where I post.
    You questioned the veracity of my post. I challenged you to prove your claim and you folded like a cheap suit. My summary of your initial posts was spot on. At least be intellectually honest enough to admit it and move on.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    You questioned the veracity of my post. I challenged you to prove your claim and you folded like a cheap suit. My summary of your initial posts was spot on. At least be intellectually honest enough to admit it and move on.

    ...When did I do that?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    14 in gay threads, a smattering of anti-religion, pro-abortion, yadda, yadda, yadda. I'd say predictable liberal. <yawn>
    Show me some of that "gifted mind". Tell me why you AREN't a Kool-aid drinking Obama rah rah-type cheerleader.
    I don;t approve of Obama's handling on gay rights at all at find he's sadly another politician. And I could say the same as you being a smattering pro religion, anti choice right winger. Before you label others think of where their coming from.

    We post in the gay rights section because it's there and it pertains to us and effects us directly as LGBT people. Because we like being part of the issues that define us and impact us in our daily lives.

    O post in other forums as well but it seems since most of the other threads and sections are dead gay rights is still one of the most active.

  11. #71
    JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackAttack1887 View Post
    ...When did I do that?
    “I don't drink Kool-Aid. And I can see predictable closed minded guy who see only what he wants to see.”

    That last sentence sure sounds like a challenge to my statement to me. Are ”we” backpedalling now?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
    I don;t approve of Obama's handling on gay rights at all at find he's sadly another politician. And I could say the same as you being a smattering pro religion, anti choice right winger. Before you label others think of where their coming from.

    We post in the gay rights section because it's there and it pertains to us and effects us directly as LGBT people. Because we like being part of the issues that define us and impact us in our daily lives.

    O post in other forums as well but it seems since most of the other threads and sections are dead gay rights is still one of the most active.
    I don’t have a problem with where you post. I just made an observation that every new gay here runs to the gay threads first as if his/her total identity was determined by his/her sexual proclivity. And as a consequence, old dead gay threads keep getting rehashed. I’m a hetero, but I didn’t jump on old hetero threads when I joined. I’m much more than my sexuality. To borrow a phrase “Stop thinking with your dipstick, Johnny”.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    “I don't drink Kool-Aid. And I can see predictable closed minded guy who see only what he wants to see.”

    That last sentence sure sounds like a challenge to my statement to me. Are ”we” backpedalling now?

    No... I was trying to end the fight before it got out of hand.

    I don’t have a problem with where you post. I just made an observation that every new gay here runs to the gay threads first as if his/her total identity was determined by his/her sexual proclivity. And as a consequence, old dead gay threads keep getting rehashed. I’m a hetero, but I didn’t jump on old hetero threads when I joined. I’m much more than my sexuality. To borrow a phrase “Stop thinking with your dipstick, Johnny”.
    I am more than my sexuality. But those parts of me aren't on this board. There's no category for girls with crazy families, for sick women, and alll the other parts of me that I am.

  13. #73
    JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackAttack1887 View Post
    I am more than my sexuality. But those parts of me aren't on this board. There's no category for girls with crazy families, for sick women, and alll the other parts of me that I am.
    Are you sick?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    171
    Yes. Asthma, allergies, high cholestrol (which makes me a high risk for heart attacks and heart disease, but I can't exercise because i get asthma attacks when i do), and depression, anxiety, insomnia, adhd.

  15. #75
    JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackAttack1887 View Post
    Yes. Asthma, allergies, high cholestrol (which makes me a high risk for heart attacks and heart disease, but I can't exercise because i get asthma attacks when i do), and depression, anxiety, insomnia, adhd.
    Sorry to hear that. You're way too young to have such problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •