Poll: Can ex-gays really become hetersexual?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85

Thread: Ex-gays or not

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Wez
    Evan: Do you think you could make yourself sexual attracted to men and not find any women [at all] sexually attractive?
    I think that would be alot harder to do. With that situation you’re trying to change thousands of years of biology. Its biologically built in to us to be attracted to people of the opposite sex. In the case with some Gays they were socialized into feeling the way that they do, therefore making it easier to change.
    What would Reagan do?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking
    It's terribly difficult to convince the gay priders that being gay is a matter of choice. When held beside the stigma of "abomination" preached by the bible-thumpers, there is guilt to be attached with the choice.
    Your right it is very difficult, they can't even except that fact that maybe one just one Gay person can totally turn around.
    And when you given them information on situations where it has happened they say those people must be lying.

    It doesn't make sence to me.
    What would Reagan do?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    I think that would be alot harder to do. With that situation you’re trying to change thousands of years of biology. Its biologically built in to us to be attracted to people of the opposite sex. In the case with some Gays they were socialized into feeling the way that they do, therefore making it easier to change.
    Where did you get this silly idea? Go ask some gay people about this. I never met one who chose to be sexually attracted to the same sex. Hell - I never met ANYONE, myself included who chooses who they are sexually attracted to.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

    "Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by jitobear
    Where did you get this silly idea? Go ask some gay people about this. I never met one who chose to be sexually attracted to the same sex. Hell - I never met ANYONE, myself included who chooses who they are sexually attracted to.
    Not that I agree with anyone else here, but I beg to differ on the choice of being attracted. You likely do choose based on looks. Janet Reno turns me off, Janet Leigh turns me on. They're both female and I chose to be attracted to Leigh. Please clarify your statement.


    ...and say hello to the bambino!
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    Your right it is very difficult, they can't even except that fact that maybe one just one Gay person can totally turn around.
    And when you given them information on situations where it has happened they say those people must be lying.

    It doesn't make sence to me.
    sense
    since
    scents
    cents

    accept
    except

    You might as well learn the difference. ...especially if you're going to claim absolute brilliance!
    Last edited by jim's trucking; 05-17-2006 at 01:07 PM.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by jitobear
    Where did you get this silly idea? Go ask some gay people about this. I never met one who chose to be sexually attracted to the same sex. Hell - I never met ANYONE, myself included who chooses who they are sexually attracted to.
    I never said that they choose. Where did you get this silly idea? They are socialized into it, in some of the cases. The way you’re brought up and your experiences dictate who you will be. In the case of a Gay person; something happened or they were gradually socialized into feeling the way they feel. It goes the same for you when you say you don't chose who you’re attracted to. There’s obviously some biology in there, because there’s natural aspects of the opposite sex that we're attracted to, but everyone is generally attracted to similar people. I like brunets with nice smiles... and girls mind you. Now why would I be attracted to those two characteristics? Socialization my friend.
    What would Reagan do?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking
    sense
    since
    scents

    accept
    except

    You might as well learn the difference. ...especially if you're going to claim absolute brilliance!

    I was just to typing to fast to notice those two mistakes.

    Everyone makes mistakes, even those that are absolutely brilliant.
    What would Reagan do?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    I was just to typing to fast to notice those two mistakes.

    Everyone makes mistakes, even those that are absolutely brilliant.
    I probably knew that. For a long while here I was the champion spelling/grammar critic, pointing out mistakes right and left, even though correcting them wouldn't have changed the message. I've since relaxed and bit my fingertips. It is however, totally uncool to have no regard for proper spelling and grammar. I learnt that in grammer skool!
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking
    Not that I agree with anyone else here, but I beg to differ on the choice of being attracted. You likely do choose based on looks. Janet Reno turns me off, Janet Leigh turns me on. They're both female and I chose to be attracted to Leigh. Please clarify your statement.


    ...and say hello to the bambino!

    Did you choose not to be attracted to Dick Clark?
    Admittedly, the concept of the Straussian text is one susceptible to intellectual mischief in the form of wild claims about the esoteric meaning of texts, not to mention rather off-putting for anyone who doesn’t like know-it-all elites.
    Orthodox Judaism, not to mention other religions: there is a small number of men who know the detailed truth; the masses are told what they need to know and no more

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by lord tammerlain
    Did you choose not to be attracted to Dick Clark?
    We're talkin' sexually attracted here...not brotherly love. Dick Clark and I do have something in common. We're both old enough to be grandfathers, but we look like we just graduated from college. I've been mistaken for a young man many times.

    The thing on the two girls I mentioned is that Janet Leigh gives me wood and Janet Reno gives me a headache. That's because of my choice to mate with attractive women rather than tree-haints. I say it's a choice because I know of people who seek out unattractive women due to their learning they're easier to bed. My choices involve more challenge...which is why I haven't bedded one in a while now.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking
    The thing on the two girls I mentioned is that Janet Leigh gives me wood and Janet Reno gives me a headache. That's because of my choice to mate with attractive women rather than tree-haints. I say it's a choice because I know of people who seek out unattractive women due to their learning they're easier to bed. My choices involve more challenge...which is why I haven't bedded one in a while now.
    I would have to disagree. I think theres this thing called love. i guess i can't speak for everyone, but generally you don't go out and marry someone because they're easy to go to bed with. You marry them because you love them. And attraction is part of love. Im not going to go out and marry someone that im not attracted to, i couldn't be in love with someone im not attracted to. That doesn't mean im looking for a super model, we're all attracted to regular people, i feel like im stating the obviouse here. And we're all attractive to different people.

    Now like i was saying before. This attraction is determind by two things; Biology, and Socialization. Men are biologically attracted to females, and females are biologically attracted to men. Now What dictates what characteristics we are most attracted to is Socialization.
    What would Reagan do?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,715
    Jim and Evan -

    I am just not gonna take the word of a couple of straight dudes about what it is or is not to be gay - or how and why one happens to be gay.

    (They aren't into chicks like me so SOMETHING must have gone wrong.... )

    Bambino is good. Baseball season now.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

    "Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada eh
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by jitobear
    Jim and Evan -

    I am just not gonna take the word of a couple of straight dudes about what it is or is not to be gay - or how and why one happens to be gay.
    So what are you saying, only gay people can analyze and ponder into the reasons why someone becomes gay? Can only Murderers look into the reason why they became murderers?

    I’m not telling you what it means to be gay, frankly I don't care what it means to be gay (all though I think it’s pretty obvious... you like the same sex). I’m telling you, and I have provided references, that gay people can change to become straight people.

    Who are you to say that when a once gay man says he is totally straight that he is wrong?
    What would Reagan do?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking
    We're talkin' sexually attracted here...not brotherly love. Dick Clark and I do have something in common. We're both old enough to be grandfathers, but we look like we just graduated from college. I've been mistaken for a young man many times.

    The thing on the two girls I mentioned is that Janet Leigh gives me wood and Janet Reno gives me a headache. That's because of my choice to mate with attractive women rather than tree-haints. I say it's a choice because I know of people who seek out unattractive women due to their learning they're easier to bed. My choices involve more challenge...which is why I haven't bedded one in a while now.

    So you could choose to be attracted to Dick Clark? Meaning that next week you could be dating guy and enjoying it if you so choose?
    Admittedly, the concept of the Straussian text is one susceptible to intellectual mischief in the form of wild claims about the esoteric meaning of texts, not to mention rather off-putting for anyone who doesn’t like know-it-all elites.
    Orthodox Judaism, not to mention other religions: there is a small number of men who know the detailed truth; the masses are told what they need to know and no more

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    I think that would be alot harder to do. With that situation you’re trying to change thousands of years of biology. Its biologically built in to us to be attracted to people of the opposite sex. In the case with some Gays they were socialized into feeling the way that they do, therefore making it easier to change.
    So there are gays that aren't 'socialised' into being gay?

    So what are you saying, only gay people can analyze and ponder into the reasons why someone becomes gay? Can only Murderers look into the reason why they became murderers?
    I like the way you manage to assosciate gays with murderers.

    Who are you to say that when a once gay man says he is totally straight that he is wrong?
    He/ She didn't say this. You're putting words into his/ her mouth.

    -Wez

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •