Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Best bands ever

Talking Top 5 Best bands ever

I saw the worst bands page i decided to do a top 5 best bands page just to get some opinions.

Heres my list

1. System of a Down
    2. Ozzy
    3. The Beatles
    4. Lynyrd Skynyrd
    5. Pink Floyd

Note i'm 17 so cut me some slack if you older people disagree.
    [B]Swords are crosses they are just used in different ways. [/B]

Celebrate Americans 4 more years of stupidity and lies lay in front of us. How can 50 some million people be so stupid?

mine are slightly off the wall but here goes.....(showing my age)
    IN no particular order....

Rush
    Marillion
    Genesis (with Peter Gabriel preferred but Phil was ok)
    Pink Floyd (my sister would disown me if I said anything else)
    The Beatles
    ---------------------------------------------------
    "It is never freedom of religion and freedom of speech when you use your religion as a guise to demean other people."
    ---------------------------------------------------

I have joined the world of blogging...at
    www.joebrummer.com

1, Bruce Springsteen

2, Madona

3, Savage Garden

4, Erasure

5, Real Mccoy

6, Pet Shop Boys

7, ABBA
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

"Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

deathlord52 Guest
    No particular order:

1 Led Zeppelin
    2 Lynyrd Skynyrd
    3 Tool
    4 Brooks&Dunn
    5 Elvis (historical impact)

Matthew although I very much like several of the artists on your list - many of them aren't bands - they are solo artists or singing groups. Same with Elvis and Brooks and Dunn, deathlord.

Being the major groupie that I am - the difference to me is pretty huge. Being in a band requires at least two individuals - writing music and playing instruments.

I will make two lists:

Favorite five bands:
    Headstones
    Led Zeppelin
    The Offspring
    U2
    Kiss

honorable mention:
    Concrete Blonde
    Red Hot Chili Peppers (OK - that is six)

Most Influencial:
    The Beatles
    The Stones
    The Who
    Nirvana and Pearl Jam
    ZEPPELIN
    DAMN! The Ramones and the Sex Pistols need to be on this list, too.

(For the record I adore, Abba, the Boss, and Elvis!)
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

"Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

1. Artie Shaw's

2. The Who

3. Led Zeppelin

4. Sex Pistols

5. Nirvana

6. TOOL

To limit to 5 is impossible.
    Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by sinjin; 08-01-2005 at 04:58 PM.
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."

Hmmm.. this is really hard to do...

1. Pearl Jam
    2. Soundgarden
    3. Tool
    4. Promoe
    5. The Doors
    Knowledge is power. Hide it well.

Quote Originally Posted by jitobear
    Matthew although I very much like several of the artists on your list - many of them aren't bands - they are solo artists or singing groups. Same with Elvis and Brooks and Dunn, deathlord.

Actually the only single artist on my list is Madona. Bruce had a band called the Estreet band and I only like most of the stuff from that era. The rest are bands are groups of 2 are more and they wrote most of their songs themselves.

Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

"Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

1. good charlotte
    2. simple plan
    3. rascal flatts
    4. 3 doors down
    5. toby keith ( not a band but an awesome singer)
    -*Gig 'em*-.. All things work out for good, to those who LOVE the Lord. Romans 8:28

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S
    Actually the only single artist on my list is Madona. Bruce had a band called the Estreet band and I only like most of the stuff from that era. The rest are bands are groups of 2 are more and they wrote most of their songs themselves.
    I agree with you on that era for the boss. I saw their reunion tour 3-4 years back - no album promortion - just getting together for the fun it. One of THE BEST concerts I have ever seen, and Bruce is one the three best lyricists on the planet (along with Bob Dylan and Bono). Do not get me wrong I completely acknowledge the talent and coolness of all kinds of musical artists. ABBA is a singing group - really good one, quite possibly the best - except for some of what Motown produced.

And if you want to talk amazingly influencial solo artists - there is also Hendrix, Janis, PRINCE PRINCE PRINCE.

mmmmm music is my favorite thing ever (next to people). I like it better than chocolate or sex.

And rock and roll...oh, how I love rock and roll!
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by joebrummer
    mine are slightly off the wall but here goes.....(showing my age)
    IN no particular order....

Rush
    Marillion
    Genesis (with Peter Gabriel preferred but Phil was ok)
    Pink Floyd (my sister would disown me if I said anything else)
    The Beatles
    WOW!!! I thought I was the only one left in the world who knows Marillion!!! Cool Beans! Beautiful was the song my wife and I danced to at our wedding, that and Jill by Harry Connick Jr.

My top 5.

Grateful Dead
    Pink Floyd
    The Steve Miller Band
    James Taylor
    Journey
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

I agree with you on that era for the boss. I saw their reunion tour 3-4 years back - no album promortion - just getting together for the fun it. One of THE BEST concerts I have ever seen, and Bruce is one the three best lyricists on the planet (along with Bob Dylan and Bono). Do not get me wrong I completely acknowledge the talent and coolness of all kinds of musical artists. ABBA is a singing group - really good one, quite possibly the best - except for some of what Motown produced.

You got to see Bruce live in concert? I am sooooooo jealous
    It was love at first site with bruce I saw his dancin' in the dark, one of my top ten favorite songs, video oh man how sexy was he in that. His boots, tee shirt, cute little butt and tight jeans with and incredable basket. It was more then any 19 year old gay boy could take.

deathlord52 Guest
    While I would argue that B&D are truly a band, they could be considered a duet, so I will formally alter my list:

1 Led Zeppelin
    2 Lynyrd Skynyrd
    3 Tool
    4 Pink Floyd
    5 The Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S
    You got to see Bruce live in concert? I am sooooooo jealous
    Twice.
    The second time he was promoting The Rising and beling political - it was good, but not as much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by deathlord52
    While I would argue that B&D are truly a band, they could be considered a duet, so I will formally alter my list:
    I actually debated whether Brooks and Dunn are band as well - there are two people bands out there (The White Stripes, Erasure)

5 is too hard

Best of all time that I can think of right now

Black Sabbath

Pink Floyd

Led Zepplin
    (even though if i hear another zepplin song for the millionth time i'll shoot myself)

Jimi Hendrix Experience

Sly and the Family Stone
    (better than parliament)

Bob Marley and the Wailers

Yes

Rush

Ministry

Best Currently

System of a Down
    (even though it sounds like revamped dead kennedys)

Aphex Twin
    (or Autechre if you prefer)

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones

Buckethead

(just kidding)