Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Rings vs. Harry Potter!!!

Arrow Lord of the Rings vs. Harry Potter!!!

ok guys...I know you've probably seen enough polls similiar to this one...but...I just thought it would be cool to do another one... ...lol...thanks for your cooperation!!! So...give me your opinions towards LOTR and HP...make sure to talk both about the books and movies. Please do not use colourful languages (swear words). I want a clean debate!!!...thanks again!!!

my opinion: LOTR all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    reasons: better acting, awsome plot, beautiful story, very meaningful, original, and cuter actors...lol
    Heros of Middle Earth: the Mortal Men.

..`..◊◇ⓗⓔⓛⓔⓝⓐ◇◊..`..

Hmmmm....

Time for...a Pointless Fictional Character Battle(PFCB) Edition #982314-A9C

Aragorn Elessar vs. Harry Potter

Harry: *picks up wand* Now you're going to get it! *starts saying some random spell*

Aragorn: ...*takes Anduril, Flame of the West and stabs Harry* Too slow dude, too slow.

Harry: ...Oh...damn it... *dies*

-----

Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood vs. Ron Weasley

Ron: Heeeey, you're not like the elves where I come from!

Legolas: And where's that?

Ron: England

Legolas: Well duh, those elves suck, and they're not nearly as pretty as me! Anyway.... *shoots Ron with arrow*

Ron: Damn, J.K. Rowling, I'll bloody get your for making me a poor idiot if it's the last thing I-*dies*.

----

The Witch-King of Angmar vs. Dementor #6

WKoA: You cannot defeat me, all shall fall before the might of Sauron.

Dementor #6:*tries to suck happiness out of The WKoA, but instead goes numb, cold, and lifeless*.

WKoA: Fool, my soul belongs only to Sauron, you are powerless against me.

Dementor #6: Before I die, I have to say, that's a pretty sweet helmet you've got there.

WKoA: It was an office party gift from The Liutenant of the Black Lands.

Dementor #6: *dies*

----

Last Battle!

Gandalf the White vs. Dumbledore

Dumbledore: You may have defeated my friends and other assorted characters, but you will not defeat me!

Gandalf: You call yourself a Wizard? You are nothing but a conjurer, a master of smoke and mirrors! You say you are wise? I have lived to see thousands of years of history go by. The fall of kings and tyrants. The rise and fall of great kingdoms, and battles more vast than you can imagine! I am the servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Arnor, your tricks will not save you Dumbledore!

Dumbledore: *Loudly chants various spells and charms, and various shiney runes and symbols appeared and surrounded him like a shell*

Gandalf: Yaaah! *And a great spear of lightning erupted from the white staff of Gandalf, and it smote the magic shell of Dumbledore, throwing him off his feet and launching him backwards approximately 40 feet*.

Dumbledore: *Chants many more spells, long and complicated were they, many which were thought to be lost to all of human kind, save for a few individuals. And Dumbledore raised his hand, and it shone with a white flame. Thus, he struck Gandalf, who had managed to raise Glamdring just in time, to divert some of the force of Dumblefore's attack off it's mark, which still shook the ground with great force.*

Gandalf: So it is, a great battle between two foes.

Dumbledore: Indeed.

Gandalf: nwalca Glamdring, nai yarvaxea rasselya; talhira notto-carrinar...! *And Gandalf's sword roared white, and fired a beam of piercing white directly at Dumbledore, who was blinded. Gandalf raised his staff into the air, and from the sky a mighty arrow of lightning, blazed with immeasurable speed, and it smote Dumbledore, who was left unconscious from the XXXX. The only thing that saved him from certain death, were his various charms, and incantations.* So it seems, that maybe you are a mightier man than I first thought, but a Wizard you are definitely not.

----

Lord of the Rings: 4
    Harry Potter: 0
    The destruction of the mighty Scharnhorst, spelled the end of 1,932 of her crew out of 1,968 men.

wow that was random. but i think lotr beats harry potter every time
    -*Gig 'em*-.. All things work out for good, to those who LOVE the Lord. Romans 8:28

The LOTR films clearly wup the HP films.More importantly though i enjoy reading HP over LOTR.The first LOTR drags the whole way,as does the last book 50 pages from the end.

I actually rather both the Simarillion and the Hobbit over both series's.

cool...interesting thoughts everyone...i still personally perfer the LOTR movie over HP, however, I had tried to read LOTR but couldn't finished it completely because of JRR Tolkine's difficult language and word playings. JK Rowling writes in a kiddish sort of way, i'm not saying that it's bad, it's so much easier to understand and follow the entire plot and story unlike LOTR. btw guys...what are your thoughts on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, tat is, if you've read it. I thought it was pretty good. Rushed ending though, but i did like how it ended!

..`..◊◇ⓗⓔⓛⓔⓝⓐ◇◊..`..

Please use a "spoiler alert" before you start talking about HP's new book Shire,I now know the ending is a happy one(hate happy endings)

Thanks.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom-Alexis de Tocqueville.

I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time-Friedrich Nietzsche.

sowie... and btw...the ending is NOT a happy one?????????...(spoiler)the most loving character died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is that a happy ending?????????????????????????????

..`..◊◇ⓗⓔⓛⓔⓝⓐ◇◊..`..

Quote Originally Posted by The Shire
    sowie... and btw...the ending is NOT a happy one?????????...(spoiler)the most loving character died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how is that a happy ending?????????????????????????????
    Hey thats a good idea keep telling me more about the ending.Yeh!!!

Half way through,very disapointing and boring.When i'm going to hear some gorey details?Seriously this book wants to make go back and read Cordesman painful Iraq:Sanctions and Beyond.Its that bad.

BTW calm down i'm only screwing around with you.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom-Alexis de Tocqueville.

I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time-Friedrich Nietzsche.

lol...thankx... ...i guess...so..you've finished the book? what would u rate it on a scale of 1-10...10 being the awsome? my would be like 7-8ish...!

..`..◊◇ⓗⓔⓛⓔⓝⓐ◇◊..`..

Movie 4 is only 120 days away friday november 18, 2005
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

"Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

lol....i'm so excited about that movie! the teaser trailer looks pretty good and the still shots of certain scenes in the movie are cool too! you can check them out at < www.veritaserum.com >...btw...Daniel Radcliffe looks so cute/hot in the pictures!

..`..◊◇ⓗⓔⓛⓔⓝⓐ◇◊..`..

Nope afraid i didn't want to know that thanks. The movies have been a bit average so far,especially 1 and 3.

I'd give the book 3 out of 10.

all of the books? or a book in general? i thought that the books were ok...they weren't that well written...no offence to JK Rowling, but her writting style doesn't flow well...and the boring parts drag while the interesting parts are rushed! I HATE THAT! the 1-2 movie were awful!...horrible acting! the 3rd movie had better acting though i hated the director and the script was horribly written! i hope the 4th movie will be better than the last few...i have high expections for it!

..`..◊◇ⓗⓔⓛⓔⓝⓐ◇◊..`..

That's evil to make me choose between my children like that . I couldn't pick really.

@The Shire- I have to say that I completely disagree with your assessment of the HP books and films. I have read up through the GoF now and I have a hard time ever putting any of them down. Personally, I never found anything boring. I think both the books and the films get better every time. I think the scripts have done a better job of translating from book to film than almost any other I have seen. As far as the acting goes, I don't think Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, or Richard Harris have ever given a bad performance in their life, and I think the kids do a marvelous job.
    Last edited by Master_Shake; 07-30-2005 at 04:06 PM.
    Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
    -John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Shake
    That's evil to make me choose between my children like that . I couldn't pick really.

@The Shire- I have to say that I completely disagree with your assessment of the HP books and films. I have read up through the GoF now and I have a hard time ever putting any of them down. Personally, I never found anything boring. I think both the books and the films get better every time. I think the scripts have done a better job of translating from book to fime than almost any other I have seen. As far as the acting goes, I don't think Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, or Richard Harris have ever given a bad performance in their life, and I think the kids do a marvelous job.
    ok...have u seen the 1st and 2nd harry potter movies?...the main characters (harry, ron, hermoine, neville, etc.) didn't have any sort of expression at all!...like the chamber of secret scene in movie 2, harry was not like even nervous or anything. The adults were awsome actors though.

..`..◊◇ⓗⓔⓛⓔⓝⓐ◇◊..`..