Thread: Googles insane share price

Googles insane share price

Today Googles share price hit the $300 mark. This is quite amazing since the IPO price just last August was $95.
    Sure, the company has seen it's first quarter revenue double since last year, but the company now has a P/E ratio of 120(!).

Are we seeing a mini-bubble here, or what? Who on Earth would be stupid enough to buy the stock right now?
    Eh, what's this? A Republican from Texas that actually makes sense and can speak English?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/html/Issues_fx.html

Quote Originally Posted by gamehuis
    Today Googles share price hit the $300 mark. This is quite amazing since the IPO price just last August was $95.
    Sure, the company has seen it's first quarter revenue double since last year, but the company now has a P/E ratio of 120(!).

Are we seeing a mini-bubble here, or what? Who on Earth would be stupid enough to buy the stock right now?
    can we say "name recognition"
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

I find it absolutely mind boggling.

Anyone know what Google's actual net asset value is off hand? Gamehuis?

What's left if they liquidate tomorrow?

Waxy

The same XXXXXX who thought Qualcomm would reached $400, the same XXXXXX who thought the DOW would reach 40 000 fairly soon, the same XXXXXX who are buying investment property on the pure speculation that it will increase in value significantly by next year to cover the rental loss's and the transaction costs.
    Admittedly, the concept of the Straussian text is one susceptible to intellectual mischief in the form of wild claims about the esoteric meaning of texts, not to mention rather off-putting for anyone who doesn’t like know-it-all elites.
    Orthodox Judaism, not to mention other religions: there is a small number of men who know the detailed truth; the masses are told what they need to know and no more

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy
    I find it absolutely mind boggling.

Anyone know what Google's actual net asset value is off hand? Gamehuis?

What's left if they liquidate tomorrow?

Waxy
    Googles net tangiable asset value is $ 2.7 billion. The total number of Google shares out there is 277 million, so that's around $ 9.70 per share.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=GOOG&annual
    Eh, what's this? A Republican from Texas that actually makes sense and can speak English?

Googles net tangiable asset value is $ 2.7 billion. The total number of Google shares out there is 277 million, so that's around $ 9.70 per share.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bs?s=GOOG&annual
    Where did these numbers come from. Google is odd, the have no liabilities and way too much current assets...I don't understand it.

Well, thanks to the wonderful world of accounting, short term investments now count as assets, and Google has about $ 1.7 billion of those.

It's the same with banks. Cash is apparently considered a liability and outstanding loans are considered assets.

Thanks for letting us know!

Quote Originally Posted by gamehuis View Post

I don't know much about the share market because I've not invest anything in shares. Now I want to invest in shares but I've not a proper knowledge about that. So, I think here i can get a lot of info about shares..So help me guys..

Quote Originally Posted by gamehuis View Post

I don't know more about share prices but I was looking for this type of thing so wanna say thanks for the information.Can You please send some more info about it because I am taking keen interest in this and also share some links about this.....