Thread: To understand each other

To understand each other

China and Japan are so close, the hate between us, the lack of understanding, doesn't help at all. I think that there is only a small number of ultra-rightist in Japan, and I do not believe that they represent the mainstream Japanese opinion. It is up to the majority of the Japanese people to condemn those wayward opinions each and every time in a vociferous manner.

To win a win-win situation

All the hates, hostility, misread between the two country do no good to the two countries, they just keep on drifting apart from each other. As two powerful countries in Asia, we cannot play the game of “who can get whose way”. What we want is a “win-win” situation, which is a true win. Vocally attacking each other will only increase anger. No matter how much these two countries misunderstand each other, they both need each other.

Quote Originally Posted by viva
    All the hates, hostility, misread between the two country do no good to the two countries, they just keep on drifting apart from each other. As two powerful countries in Asia, we cannot play the game of “who can get whose way”. What we want is a “win-win” situation, which is a true win. Vocally attacking each other will only increase anger. No matter how much these two countries misunderstand each other, they both need each other.
    China will not recognize Japan as an equal unless they have to, and that will only happen when Japan can once again threaten China militaristically, which China will not allow to happen, which a nuclear arsenal, that is very much witin their capability. China will not recognize Japan as an equal until certain steps are made by Japan to recognize China as an equal, such as recognizing and atoning for the attrocities commited by Japan against the Chinese in World War II. Just because those most directly affect by those events will be gone one day does not mean that those events shall be forgotten nor forgiven. Japan will not be able to out wait the memories of China, and any hopes that time will lessen the atonement due are false and should be recognized as such. The only difference will be the policies of those in control of China at such a time when Japan can own up to its crimes.

The people of Asia have long memories. It is hard to forget what happened before and during World War II. It is hard to forget how the Japanese behaved.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

emoreno2292 Guest
    After having lived in Beijing for a year last year, I asked my host family what they thought about the Japanese and Nanjing, and that is still an open and festering wound. Ask most Chinese school students (which I did) about Japan and the Japanese, and it'll wipe the smiles off of their faces quicker than anything else. "I hate the Japanese!" was the most commonly heard epithet that they threw around. I remember the riots outside the Japanese Embassy during last spring, and that was a big event in that area of the city. I myself don't support that hate at all. I have a few Japanese friends, and the Chinese need to realize that it's only the government that's balking at apologizing, not the people.

Nowadays, Its too important to know each other..Its like necesssary,..