Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe there is a problem with sociel security because..

Maybe there is a problem with sociel security because..

I wanna hear what you guys think.

I think a big reason is because we are killing off citizens through abortion that couldve been in the workforce to keep it from goin bankrupt.

What do you guys think the reason is?

Quote Originally Posted by VTCruiser

I think a big reason is because we are killing off citizens through abortion that couldve been in the workforce to keep it from goin bankrupt.

The only answers are politicians using SS revenue for general operating funds to avoid tax increases while reducing visual deficits and no actuary updates.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

Slight correction on Georged.

The only answers are politicians have been using SS revenue for general operating funds to avoid tax increases while reducing visual deficits and no actuary updates for decades without ensuring that sufficent money will be there when it is needed.
    Some people love their country because of what it is, because of the principles it is built on, because of its prosperity and freedom. Then others love their country because it is their country, and will destroy all that is actually good about it to silence those who disagree. Which do you think you are? - Symbiote

JPSartre12 Guest

Social Security is in trouble for four reasons:
    1. Retirees are living too long. The average life expectancy when SS was enacted was 67, it's 78 now. That's 11 more years of SS payments per retiree.
    2. We've expanded who can get benefits to include spouses, dependants, etc
    3. We included COLAs in SS
    4. Population demographics - too many old people, too few payees in the future. (It could be loosely linked to your abortion hypothesis, but chances are that those aborted kids could just as easily become burdens on society since many of the abortions are performed on poor women.)

I think you are trying to make a big stretch. Abortion has nothing to do with poiliticans spending money there were not suppose to spend.

Also, having more people in the workforce also means having more people on SSDI and Social Security as well. It cancels itself out in the end.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    "It is never freedom of religion and freedom of speech when you use your religion as a guise to demean other people."

I have joined the world of blogging...at
    www.joebrummer.com

I'm pro-life, but if you think that abortion is the reason we are having a problem with social security, you need a labotomy my friend.
    Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
    -John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Shake
    I'm pro-life, but if you think that abortion is the reason we are having a problem with social security, you need a labotomy my friend.
    well, abraham lincoln thought slavery was the reason that they were having social problems... some people wouldve said "lincoln you need a labotomy" buuut, he was right ay?

i didnt say abortion is the whole problem of SS.. i just said i think it contributes to it.

I think abortion is as serious an issue as slavery was to our nation.

well, abraham lincoln thought slavery was the reason that they were having social problems... some people wouldve said "lincoln you need a labotomy" buuut, he was right ay?

i didnt say abortion is the whole problem of SS.. i just said i think it contributes to it.

I think abortion is as serious an issue as slavery was to our nation.
    Sure Lincloln was right, but just because someone says something is the case, doesn't make it so. I could say that people drinking too much apple juice was the cause of our social ills, but I wouldn't be right merely because I said I was.
    Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think.
    -John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Shake
    Sure Lincloln was right, but just because someone says something is the case, doesn't make it so. I could say that people drinking too much apple juice was the cause of our social ills, but I wouldn't be right merely because I said I was.
    but you stated that completely with no facts, there are facts that abortion is contributing to the hurting of our society.

but you stated that completely with no facts, there are facts that abortion is contributing to the hurting of our society.

BUt you haven't made much of an argument about how SS is being hurt by abortion. Personally, I find the idea far fetched. If you have some sort of an argument or proof that this is happening thenyou should present it.

I don't see how people who don't exits in the workforce have anything to do with SS.
    "It is never freedom of religion and freedom of speech when you use your religion as a guise to demean other people."

I have joined the world of blogging...at
    www.joebrummer.com

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joebrummer
    I think you are trying to make a big stretch. Abortion has nothing to do with poiliticans spending money there were not suppose to spend.

Also, having more people in the workforce also means having more people on SSDI and Social Security as well. It cancels itself out in the end.
    In a pyramid scheme, all you need is an increasing supply of fresh meat.

While that is true, it's questionable if the abortions would make a difference.

Literally half the population of the US is going to retire in the next decade. 40 million more cannot properly support 150 million. A ponzi scheme requires a larger base. As currently now, a large percetnage of the US is already retired. 16 million of the US is over 70.

So, we'll have something like 166 million in the US on SS. Even if we DID have 40 million more, that's less then 2 contributors to one taker. The system still does not work.

If Congresses and presidents weren't raiding SS, we wouldn't have a problem.
    Some people love their country because of what it is, because of the principles it is built on, because of its prosperity and freedom. Then others love their country because it is their country, and will destroy all that is actually good about it to silence those who disagree. Which do you think you are? - Symbiote

I'm sure you've all heard of a ponzi scheme. You invest $100 with me, and I pay you an interest rate of 50% per annum. How do I manage this?

Simple, the first 2 years I pay you back with your own original investment. Subsequently I pay you back with the new investments of other people. So long as I am able to double the number of "investors" I can continue paying "interest" even though I haven't actually done anything to make any money.

Social Security works the same way. It is able to make payouts so long as more people keep putting their money into it.

The problem with it isn't anything demographic, the problem with it is that the whole thing is a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote
    I'm sure you've all heard of a ponzi scheme. You invest $100 with me, and I pay you an interest rate of 50% per annum. How do I manage this?

Simple, the first 2 years I pay you back with your own original investment. Subsequently I pay you back with the new investments of other people. So long as I am able to double the number of "investors" I can continue paying "interest" even though I haven't actually done anything to make any money.

Social Security works the same way. It is able to make payouts so long as more people keep putting their money into it.

The problem with it isn't anything demographic, the problem with it is that the whole thing is a scam.
    I thought this was basicly how the social security program was explained (without the idea of a high interest rate). "We give present retirees pensions payed by current workers". How is this is a scam, resource distribution -sure, but a scam?
    Knowledge is power. Hide it well.

It's a scam because the scheme needs an ever increasing, infinite supply of new people. Any rational human being can see that this is not possible and that it cannot go on forever, yet the politicians have made the general public believe it can.
    Eh, what's this? A Republican from Texas that actually makes sense and can speak English?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/html/Issues_fx.html