Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Should Women be allowed to serve in hand to hand combat in the military?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenamnes View Post
    Considering the fact that the military is required to allow homosexuals to serve in various positions, including frontline combat, it seems unacceptable to prohibit women from doing the same if they wish.
    I agree. I am also rather tall and not skin n' bones for an asian female and can hold my own just fine. I had a phyiscally abusive (now ex husband) and let's say I did put him in the hospital for trying to mess with me and he won't ever forget. Mind you he was big man..rather I say coward..6 foot tall and a good 250. And I am 5'9" 140. Not small and not big..but like I said, I can hold my own.

=Terri-Tsu;439204]I agree. I am also rather tall and not skin n' bones for an asian female and can hold my own just fine. I had a phyiscally abusive (now ex husband) and let's say I did put him in the hospital for trying to mess with me and he won't ever forget. Mind you he was big man..rather I say coward..6 foot tall and a good 250. And I am 5'9" 140. Not small and not big..but like I said, I can hold my own.
    Terry T: I concur nothing wrong with a women serving in hand to hand combat,upper body strength or no it's not a shoving match,it's a know how to match.

aka sam o

Women should be entered into the draft at 18 and required to go through the same thing that males do, frankly speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post
    Terry T: I concur nothing wrong with a women serving in hand to hand combat,upper body strength or no it's not a shoving match,it's a know how to match.

aka sam o
    Unfortunately, knowing how to run with a M240 Bravo while under fire and carrying 70 lbs of equipment on your back is not the same thing as doing it.
    Mutz (E)

Your Life Is Not My Fault

Quote Originally Posted by E Mutz View Post
    Unfortunately, knowing how to run with a M240 Bravo while under fire and carrying 70 lbs of equipment on your back is not the same thing as doing it.
    Which is why they should not lower the standards (create two different ones) for any soldier, but neither should they deny entrance based on anything but those standards.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

If that indeed is what we are talking about,a woman because of her size may not be carrying the SAW. However I'm led to believe that we are talking hand to hand, K-Bar,bayonet, etc.

Mutzie, darling, is it absolutely necessary for a warrior to run with an M240 Bravo while under fire, and also carrying a 70-pound pack. Surely, warfare can be competently sized down so that 80-females can be deadly.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Mutzie, darling, is it absolutely necessary for a warrior to run with an M240 Bravo while under fire, and also carrying a 70-pound pack. Surely, warfare can be competently sized down so that 80-females can be deadly.
    If they could I am sure they would Simone
    Though I would agree that 80- females could be deadly....and you never call me darling....
    Last edited by gansao; 10-14-2011 at 03:26 PM.

This part can't be fit for women.