Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 99

Thread: Should Women be allowed to serve in hand to hand combat in the military?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    The fact that an attitude and life-style choice disappeared does not make me wrong. God did NOT put women on this earth to be in authority over men, nor did God put women here to do a man's job. Men have totally forgotten how to be men and women have totally forgotten God's purpose for them in his devine plan of the ages. One of the greatest things wrong in America today is the fact that many women chose materialism over their God given responsability to raise up their children themselves. Everything in America today is just about completely up-side down. I still say that a woman's primary role is to raise her children and take good care of her husband, not be in combat. Ladies, you only have one chance in life to get it right, learn what ya'll's role is according to God's will for you.


    So if i give up work to stay home and be a film wife will you then come and help my husband pay the bills?
    I work as does my husband to support my family so does that make me not worth having as a wife?
    Stop hospitals using the bodies of dead babies/fetus for medical experiments.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Currently on Earth, 37N 77W
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Reason
    But how do you respond to my question about being in hand to hand combat and having a 5 ft 100 lb woman at your back?
    If she's got my back, I've trained with her and know her capabilities. According to what I've said previously, if she can do the job and wants to, great. So based on those two statements, in general I'd think that she can do the job, and I'd have the confidence in her abilities to do so, since I'd trained with her.

    But of course there are people that can't perform as well as others. With this example, you might be better off than with a small male that had little ability.


    And Hunter.....

    DAM! That's just sexist, to say that women are only good for breeding. And arrogant to make a statement that suggests you know God's will.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    7,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Reason
    But how do you respond to my question about being in hand to hand combat and having a 5 ft 100 lb woman at your back?
    When was the last time the US was involved in a war where hand-to-hand combat was a prevalent requirement? Korea? Even in Vietnam tunnel rats were about the only actual contact engagements. Everything since has been a stress on firepower against lesser forces to provide politically acceptable casualties with US troops engaging and withdrawing to fortified encampments with all the comforts of home including email. Foxholes, right. John Wayne and his movies died a long time ago. In news photos of troops in action in Iraq, such as that may be, I've never seen a bayonet fixed on an M16 for 'hand-to-hand' fighting.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,019
    The war in Iraq...........Do you remember Jessica Lynch?
    Abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpetrate on another.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,019
    Sometimes in life you have to put politcal correctness aside and just fo the right thing.....

    There are things that women can do that men can not and vice versa.........

    I have never been in hand to hand combat but if I were and I had a bunch of guys trying to kill me I would want someone of my statue and strength to watch my back......I am 6'2" 195 lbs and can bench press 225 lbs.........Most women just can't do that...........Its not a knock on them its just a fact..........
    Abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpetrate on another.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3

    help me

    I apologize if this message is off topic - I am trying to give a broad group
    of people a chance to participate.

    I'm a student doing a short internet survey (5 minutes) and I would
    appreciate if you could help me by filling it out. The survey is about
    foreign policy issues - how people form opinions about foreign policy
    crises. It is only a few questions and will take about 5 minutes to
    complete. Participation is completely voluntary and you can stop at any
    time. As well, your participation is anonymous and you will never be asked
    to provide your name. Pleasenote that you must be over 18 to participate in
    this survey.

    If you would like to participate, please go to the following link:

    http://www.sitemaker.umich.edu/socpolsurveys

    Thank you for your help,

    Chris Ebert
    University of Michigan
    Ann Arbor, MI

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    54
    No. What is this nation coming to?
    Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary components, personal computers being an imaginary component.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    241
    Some women are fit for hand to hand, some are not. Maybe the army could create tests for for women to see if they're fit.

  9. #39
    Nurglitch Guest
    Good point. Why discriminate on the basis of sex when you can discriminate perfectly fairly on the basis of qualification? If women can meet the requirements, let them serve on the front line. If not, then they can serve in a support capacity.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by bmittking
    Some women are fit for hand to hand, some are not. Maybe the army could create tests for for women to see if they're fit.

    I think that any woman that can pass the same physical requirements that a man passes should qualify...........
    Abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpetrate on another.

  11. #41
    Nurglitch Guest
    I think that any woman that can pass the same physical requirements that a man passes should qualify.
    It's good to see that you endorse women in front-line combat roles.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurglitch
    It's good to see that you endorse women in front-line combat roles.
    Only if they can hack it.Now they don't have to do that.........
    Abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpetrate on another.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Reason
    I think that any woman that can pass the same physical requirements that a man passes should qualify...........
    I agree fully

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nouvhere
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    The fact that an attitude and life-style choice disappeared does not make me wrong. God did NOT put women on this earth to be in authority over men, nor did God put women here to do a man's job. Men have totally forgotten how to be men and women have totally forgotten God's purpose for them in his devine plan of the ages. One of the greatest things wrong in America today is the fact that many women chose materialism over their God given responsability to raise up their children themselves. Everything in America today is just about completely up-side down. I still say that a woman's primary role is to raise her children and take good care of her husband, not be in combat. Ladies, you only have one chance in life to get it right, learn what ya'll's role is according to God's will for you.
    Let's have another Dark Age, shall we?

    Let's abandon all talk of liberty and equality - these are materialistic lies designed to bring people away from the God-ordained system of feudalism. Let's have priests decide which jobs women can work and which jobs men can work. Let's confine people's options in life on the basis of their gender. And not just gender! Let's constrain choices on the basis of race and social caste, too! In fact, let's constrain choices for everybody!

    Why? Because God says we should. These aren't just the words of some odd fanatic who forgot his medication - these are the words of God. Theocracy is not the dictatorship of priests - it is the dictatorship of God, because the priests say they are speaking for God, and since they are speaking for God, then they must be telling the truth when they say they are speaking for God.
    How many socialists does it take to change a lightbulb?

    Answer: Why should they have to change it? The government should provide this essential service for free! And anyone opposed to this is opposed to changing light bulbs and advocates that poor people should sit in the dark!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzeron
    Let's have another Dark Age, shall we?

    Let's abandon all talk of liberty and equality - these are materialistic lies designed to bring people away from the God-ordained system of feudalism. Let's have priests decide which jobs women can work and which jobs men can work. Let's confine people's options in life on the basis of their gender. And not just gender! Let's constrain choices on the basis of race and social caste, too! In fact, let's constrain choices for everybody!

    Why? Because God says we should. These aren't just the words of some odd fanatic who forgot his medication - these are the words of God. Theocracy is not the dictatorship of priests - it is the dictatorship of God, because the priests say they are speaking for God, and since they are speaking for God, then they must be telling the truth when they say they are speaking for God.
    You're right about one thing: not all people are equal......

    It's just everything else that I think is wrong.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •