Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99

Thread: Should Women be allowed to serve in hand to hand combat in the military?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,019

    Should Women be allowed to serve in hand to hand combat in the military?

    Posted in Error
    Abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpetrate on another.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of Reason
    Your comments please
    How often does that occur?

    When was the last time a marine or army soldier actually used a kbar to kill something other then their catered meal?
    Some people love their country because of what it is, because of the principles it is built on, because of its prosperity and freedom. Then others love their country because it is their country, and will destroy all that is actually good about it to silence those who disagree. Which do you think you are? - Symbiote

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Duo_Maxwell
    How often does that occur?

    When was the last time a marine or army soldier actually used a kbar to kill something other then their catered meal?
    Ask Jessica Lynch..............
    Abortion is the most barbaric act one human being can perpetrate on another.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,661
    No. A woman only has 60% of the upper body strength of a typical man. It is just a physical fact and political correctness is no way to run a military.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Currently on Earth, 37N 77W
    Posts
    368
    I think if a woman is able, she should be allowed to have any job she desires. Same as men - if you can do the job, you should be allowed to do the job. It's about competence, not sex.

    Missouri Mule, I agree 100% about not doing things by the "political correctness". "PC" is complete bull droppings.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Duo_Maxwell
    How often does that occur?

    When was the last time a marine or army soldier actually used a kbar to kill something other then their catered meal?
    I vaguely recall a situation in Iraq where Brit soldiers actually afixed their bayonets and charged an enemy mortar position across a road. Hacked the living **** out of 'em, saved some ammo. But, it is very rare - actual hand-to-hand fighting.

    My vote would be for; no women in combat or front line stuations -- period.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Native Texan currently residing in Wisconsin
    Posts
    867
    No. Absolutely not.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,353
    Only in all female squads.
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    259
    I think that if a woman was to go into combat with male soldiers there would be a lot of extra pressure on the men.

    Could you imagine a male soldier watching a female soldier get captured and possibly raped and not storming in to rescue her therefore putting the rest of his battalion at risk ?

    We would end up with a lot of dead soldiers and the females would still be raped before they were executed so the guys died why?

    No i defo don't think that women should fight alongside men.
    Stop hospitals using the bodies of dead babies/fetus for medical experiments.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,418
    What is the definition of a fighting woman?

    The definition of a fighting man?

    I realize I'm leaving this wide open for snide little jokes, but it's legit.

    My sister could pin down her husband and make him cry uncle...and there was nothing puny about him at all.

    I work with a woman that few men here would bet against when it comes to rigging and moving heavy equipment.

    It's all about the situation and if you (he or she) is able to do it and do it well, despite the circumstances.

    Yes, women and men should be allowed to fight alongside each other if they are equally matched.
    Ain't life funny...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    719

    pro choice

    I'm pro choice in this and many other matters.

  12. #12
    Hunter Guest
    I would rather have a bag of green beans in a fox-hole with me than a female under a combat situation. Women should be at home raising their children and taking care of their husbands.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    I would rather have a bag of green beans in a fox-hole with me than a female under a combat situation. Women should be at home raising their children and taking care of their husbands.
    This attitude started disappearing from US society in 1920. Hang in there...maybe someday you'll be the last person to have it!
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    I would rather have a bag of green beans in a fox-hole with me than a female under a combat situation. Women should be at home raising their children and taking care of their husbands.
    Not much you can add to that ???? is there??

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    I would rather have a bag of green beans in a fox-hole with me than a female under a combat situation. Women should be at home raising their children and taking care of their husbands.
    You ain't from the backwoods, are ya', Hunter.... These women down here are corn-fed and full of vigor.

    Well...the country girls are anyway...

    My wife will tell you quick that women don't have a place in battle. But, women to her wear dresses, makeup, take a bath twice a day, have a full set of teeth, talk soft, and are the bosses of the house. The man's the one that gets dirty, bloody, battered and bruised - if any of that goes on.

    I love her to death, but she's not been "out in the world" and seen the many different types of females that make up this great nation.
    Ain't life funny...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •