Thread: Fat Americans will save Social Security?

Talking Fat Americans will save Social Security?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/diet.....ap/index.html

Would be kinda funny if being fat actually helps the nation.
    Eh, what's this? A Republican from Texas that actually makes sense and can speak English?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/html/Issues_fx.html

2-5 years?

I don't think so buddy. Smoking would result in higher losses.

Nothing but pragmatic, unpopular fisical decisions will save social security.
    Some people love their country because of what it is, because of the principles it is built on, because of its prosperity and freedom. Then others love their country because it is their country, and will destroy all that is actually good about it to silence those who disagree. Which do you think you are? - Symbiote

I didn't read the link, but you know, fat people are harder to kidnap.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

"Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by jitobear
    I didn't read the link, but you know, fat people are harder to kidnap.
    lol. Takes more ethene.
    Some people love their country because of what it is, because of the principles it is built on, because of its prosperity and freedom. Then others love their country because it is their country, and will destroy all that is actually good about it to silence those who disagree. Which do you think you are? - Symbiote

zelma Guest
    I don't think that article is very believable. Obesity leading to diabetes, for one thing, the medical care a diabetic needs can cost a small fortune before the person succumbs to complications of diabetes, they don't die due to obesity. The cost of all disease caused by alcoholism, smoking, obesity could be eliminated if people just didn't do these things.

LOL! for the article. People are killing themselves by smoking and overeating, and while I agree with Duo that it won't save SS by itself, it might just help.

On the SS front, if congress hadn't taken money out in the 50's and 60's, SS would likely be solvent. But the money removed was to be paid back without interest so for the time it was gone out of the SS system, no interest was gained. So blame congress (which has its own very secure retirement system) for messing it up for the rest of us.

Personally, I don't plan on seeing any SS benefits.

It might help SS, but it hurts medicare / medicaide. On the whole they burden the system more.

On the SS front, if congress hadn't taken money out in the 50's and 60's, SS would likely be solvent. But the money removed was to be paid back without interest so for the time it was gone out of the SS system, no interest was gained.
    Taken the money out of what though? The supposed funds withdrawn from do not exist in any way shape or form, they are an accounting fiction.
    He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes.

~ Gandhi

We should just go into space. The fat people will be too heavy to be allowed on the ships.
    God: I refuse to prove my existance, for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing
    Man: But what about the Babel Fish? It clearly couldn't be formed through evolution therefore, by your own arguement you don't exist QED
    God: I hadn't thought of that (disappears in a pouf of logic)
    Man: That was easy
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Weight gain

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMtnBoy View Post
    It might help SS, but it hurts medicare / medicaide. On the whole they burden the system more.
    Yeah definately when people are overweight it will cost us more in the long run. I just bought health insurance recently and they said that they had to increase my policy 60.00 per month because my weight was 240 instead of 210. This is because their is a cost for being over weight besides the cost of food of course!!
    Help me vote to make a difference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Vote on the issues not the people.

Sixth post