Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Racist Jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Iuris
    My stereotypes apply to an abstract group of people, but there are no actual people in the group. There's the stereotypical miserly Scots, and there are people from Scotland who call themselves Scots, no relation.
    Look at it this way: any group of people (frequently relatively recent immigrants who are starting a new life) with an eye to their own future and that of their children is going to be frugal. It's reasonable to expect that at least some of the children will adopt the thrifty ways of their parents. This then becomes a perceived characteristic of the group (an ethnic group if they are relatively recent immigrants). Caricature is an exaggeration of some quality, and the caricature of "thrifty" is "miserly" - which has been applied to both Jews and Scots. (One branch of my family tree originated in Scotland, and I've never been offended by Scottish jokes.)

I have heard the best Polish jokes from my Polish friends, Jewish jokes from Jewish friends, Gay jokes from Gay friends. They were delivered to make me laugh, not as a statement of fact or with any malicious intent. I disregard what I consider "bad jokes" and steal as many good ones (I'm the sole judge) as I can. I occasionally will offend someone, but I'm never really sure if I am at fault or they just need to lighten up.
    Dono
    That we are to stand by the president, right or wrong is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
    – Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by deathlord52
    What do you call a man w/no arms or legs, under a pile of leaves?

Russell
    What do you call a man w/ no arms, one leg, and a big mouth?

Mike.
    Democrats campaigned on transparency. Yessireebob! They're transparent alright! People are seeing RIGHT THROUGH THEM!!

The Official Flag of the American Left
    http://www.worldclassflags.com/productimages/cf_ussr.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bear_Scot
    Not fair, when we are drunk we are most generous people on the Earth (Playing on another National Stereotype).
    Anyway, you Scots have nothing us Yorkshiremen, we tighter than a really tight thing when it comes to cash
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."

-Douglas Adams

Captain America banned Guest
    What do you call a man with no vision, no heart, and no brain?

President!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America
    What do you call a man with no vision, no heart, and no brain?

President!
    One does not need to be a Rhodes Scholar to be President. Some of our best leaders never had an "Ivy League" degree.
    Democrats campaigned on transparency. Yessireebob! They're transparent alright! People are seeing RIGHT THROUGH THEM!!

The Official Flag of the American Left
    http://www.worldclassflags.com/productimages/cf_ussr.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America
    Racist jokes are only racist if spoken by a white person. Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, etc...... they all get a free pass.

Let's see Jeff Foxworthy or Larry the Cable Guy try to get away with that.
    Yeah, this P's me off.
    D.L Hughley said something about meth being "crack for crackers."
    Now, I've never been the least bit offended at the word cracker or honkey.
    I just don't care.
    But it P's me off that black comedians always use cracker and honkey AND nigger, but if a white person says nigger, it's the end of the damned world.

I remember some woman who was at one point Richard Pryor's girlfriend. She was white and she was relating a story about how she was at a party with just about everyone there being black except her. She said she heard "nigger this" "nigger that" for everything, so she said she thought that she would try it out and she said the word. Everyone went silent, Pryor took her outside and pointed up to the sky and asked "Which one of those stars is a nigger?"

I don't know if he was trying to be profound or ridiculous because I would have answered, "Whichever black star says nigger, but gets offended at a white star for saying it."

Quote Originally Posted by gnojek
    Yeah, this P's me off.
    D.L Hughley said something about meth being "crack for crackers."
    Now, I've never been the least bit offended at the word cracker or honkey.
    I just don't care.
    But it P's me off that black comedians always use cracker and honkey AND nigger, but if a white person says nigger, it's the end of the damned world.

I remember some woman who was at one point Richard Pryor's girlfriend. She was white and she was relating a story about how she was at a party with just about everyone there being black except her. She said she heard "nigger this" "nigger that" for everything, so she said she thought that she would try it out and she said the word. Everyone went silent, Pryor took her outside and pointed up to the sky and asked "Which one of those stars is a nigger?"

I don't know if he was trying to be profound or ridiculous because I would have answered, "Whichever black star says nigger, but gets offended at a white star for saying it."
    Nigger is offensive.

Nigga is not.

Just passing that along....
    Ain't life funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Orn
    Nigger is offensive.

Nigga is not.

Just passing that along....
    Explain that to the black cop as he writes you a speeding citation.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

personally, i dont see a difference between nigger and nigga. they both mean basically the same thing and are both offensive. what also leaves me confused is that black people spread the word like wildfire in songs, in talking to one another, etc. its total reverse racism. if a white person were to use that word directed toward a black person the white person would be destroyed. take for example the movie white chicks. two black men dress up as two blonde white girls and completely make fun of them. take the reverse situation. if two white men were to dress up as two black women and make fun of them, there would be an outcry. if you dont want the word/joke said, dont say it yourself among the group of people it pertains to. i also believe that people who get insulted over every single racist or potentially hurtful joke take life wayyy too seriously. get over yourself and enjoy life. yes there are some jokes that are blown out of propotion, but others that are less hurtful should not result in fighting, crying, etc. launching an argument over every joke said is just dumb and leads nowhere. racism and put downs will always be apart of society.

also, suffering and hurt are natural aspects of life. if people didnt feel pain and hurt, be it emotional or physical, there would be no compassion in our world. think about it that way.

About the nigger/nigga thing:

Often groups that are adressed with derogatory/offensive terms adopt these very terms in order to defy those who use the derm to offend them.

That's how cynicism got its name. The first of them were insultingly called "dogs", so the cynics stood up to them and named themselves accordingly. Same with the word nigger.

Which explains why it's ok for a black person to use the term, as they can claim to use it out of defiance towards those who would try to humiliate them. A white person cannot claim this, as he has nothing to defy by using the term, and it is not really porrible to use the term inoffensively.

Native Texan currently residing in Wisconsin
    Here's a racist joke for you. Sorta.....

One beautiful December evening Pedro and his girlfriend Rosita
    were
    sitting by the side of the ocean It was a romantic full moon,
    when
    Pedro said, "Hey, mamacita, let's play Weeweechu."

"Oh no, not now, lets look at the moon" said Rosita.

"Oh, c'mon baby, let's you and I play Weeweechu.
    I love you and it's the perfect time," Pedro begged.

"But I wanna just hold your hand and watch the moon."

"Please, corazoncita, just once, play Weeweechu with me."

Rosita looked at Pedro and said, "OK, one time, we'll play
    Weeweechu."

Pedro grabbed his guitar and they both sang....

"Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, Weeweechu a Merry Christmas,

"Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year."

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone!

Hmmm, it seems I put the articles on racism in the wrong section.

Blast!
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Here's my paraphrase of this debate:

The issue of offensive and inoffensive is all relative, just like many other debates such as abortion, civil rights, and , now that I come to think about it, just about everything.

Many people think it's okay for an African American person to use the word nigger, but it's not so for a white person saying it. I do admit that many if not most race jokes are offensive in any context to some people, but that's not the kind of joke we're debating about.

And, just because a joke is racist, doesn't mean it has to be offensive. I myself choose not to be offended by racist jokes. In fact, I thought the "How many Jews can you fit into a car" joke was amusing, although many of my relatives were murdered during the Holocaust.

IT'S ALL RELATIVE
    Last edited by bmittking; 12-23-2005 at 01:23 PM.
    If you can't stand the truth, get out of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthsayer
    Here's a racist joke for you. Sorta.....

One beautiful December evening Pedro and his girlfriend Rosita
    were
    sitting by the side of the ocean It was a romantic full moon,
    when
    Pedro said, "Hey, mamacita, let's play Weeweechu."

"Oh no, not now, lets look at the moon" said Rosita.

"Oh, c'mon baby, let's you and I play Weeweechu.
    I love you and it's the perfect time," Pedro begged.

"But I wanna just hold your hand and watch the moon."

"Please, corazoncita, just once, play Weeweechu with me."

Rosita looked at Pedro and said, "OK, one time, we'll play
    Weeweechu."

Pedro grabbed his guitar and they both sang....

"Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, Weeweechu a Merry Christmas,

"Weeweechu a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year."

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone!

Ahhh PCness is being taken too damn seriously. I'm hispanic and I laughed at this LOL.