Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breast Cancer...silent killer!

Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking
    All you females please get a regular examination for breast cancer.
    It is a good thing there is a (generally) effective screening programme for breast cancer- partially due to this and the nature of the illness survival is pretty good as far as cancers go, so its not all doom and gloom. Jim, I hope your friend's wife responds well to her treatment.

While breast cancer is nasty, the real "silent killer" for women is ovarian cancer- there is no widespread screening programme (at least in the UK) and by the time it tends to become symptomatic it is too advanced to be successfully treated.......

It can also be difficult to diagnose- advanced ovarian cancer cells are very difficult to distinguish from advanced breast cancer cells, so if there is a person who has previously had breast cancer who subsequently develops ovarian cancer it may be diagnosed as a secondary breast cancer from the previous illness.

This then wastes much valuble time while the patient is given chemotherapy for the secondary breast cancer and only after several months is it noticed that there is none or little response and that something else might be wrong. By this time the window of opportunity for the optimal treatment (ie. surgery plus chemo) may have closed.

This is what happened to my Mother.......
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move."

-Douglas Adams

I'm glad that both of these are mentioned--when I saw the thread title my first instict was to want to come in and raise the issue of prostate cancer, because I feel that both are equally dangerous, and breast cancer gets far more attention (not saying it shouldn't get that attention--I just wish prostate cancer got as much attention). Much appreciated to Wraith for those stats and to others for raising the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking
    All you females please get a regular examination for breast cancer every 6 months, or at least once a year!
    I agreed to such an exam 17 yrs. ago, and none since. Thank God! for Freedom! to choose Annie

Quote Originally Posted by OccamsRazor
    It is a good thing there is a (generally) effective screening programme for breast cancer- partially due to this and the nature of the illness survival is pretty good as far as cancers go, so its not all doom and gloom. Jim, I hope your friend's wife responds well to her treatment.

While breast cancer is nasty, the real "silent killer" for women is ovarian cancer- there is no widespread screening programme (at least in the UK) and by the time it tends to become symptomatic it is too advanced to be successfully treated.......

It can also be difficult to diagnose- advanced ovarian cancer cells are very difficult to distinguish from advanced breast cancer cells, so if there is a person who has previously had breast cancer who subsequently develops ovarian cancer it may be diagnosed as a secondary breast cancer from the previous illness.

This then wastes much valuble time while the patient is given chemotherapy for the secondary breast cancer and only after several months is it noticed that there is none or little response and that something else might be wrong. By this time the window of opportunity for the optimal treatment (ie. surgery plus chemo) may have closed.

This is what happened to my Mother.......
    Sadly so, she recently died, leaving a fourteen year old confused daughter and a grieving widower.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Has anybody heard of the compound dichloroacetic acid (DCA) and how it might be used to target cancers with a high glycolytic rate? Looks promising, but is unpatentable, so no-one is really interested in funding clinical trials for it...

Hi Jim,
    Thanks for starting breast cancer as it is one of the most common cancer in women all over the world. Ladies who have breast cancer must maintain and stable healthy body weight through regular exercise and adding raw food more in their daily meals. Women must avoid alcohol, smoking and other stimulants.
    san antonio gym
    Last edited by Spencer; 10-13-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    Spencer

Breast Cancer is the most dangerous disease,Most of the females loosing their life with this disease.

From everything I've read and heard, you're more likely to get it at 40 or older. Get regular mamograms at 40. Most believe that it is hereditary, yes.

lung or breast cancer??!!!

do u mean breast or lung cancer????
    because women take breast cancer and men take lung cancer???
    why????
    Soran University is one of the best universities in Kurdistan , although it is a new university but the developing that this university had in the last 3 years is a kind of revolution that no university all over the world had, now it is an electronic university and many English native speaker tutors and instructors are teaching in this university……. To know more visit…..
    Http://www.soran.edu.iq