Thread: Cutting

Cutting

Is this a fad or signs of neglect by the parents? I have seen many signs over the past few years where most were attributed to lazy or indifferent parents. The lack of discipline was horrendous. The only attention these kids got were when they “messed up” something that would take a parent to “fix”. Shouting and name-calling were the tools the parents used for their brand of correction.
    All too often I see young children being treated with disdain by the parents, who, themselves, could use a huge dose of discipline.

Are children now more into this for attention or a way out of committing suicide?

See the link below for details. It looks like “cutting” is on the rise.

http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_mind...h/cutting.html

http://www.thestepfamilylife.com/Column23.htm

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/m...20050223.shtml

http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/teens/cutting.html
    Ain't life funny...

I believe this behavior is far more common with girls than boys although you wouldn't know it from your links. PC **** again. AIDS awareness campaign funds were squandered in the early days trying to suggest straights were at equal risk as gays when it wasn't true. That cost the gay community dearly. I think I read 1 in 200 girls are "cutters". Let's hope the money is spent correctly to reach these girls and not wasted talking to "scabby" boys who came by them honestly.
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."

Quote Originally Posted by sinjin
    I believe this behavior is far more common with girls than boys although you wouldn't know it from your links. PC **** again. AIDS awareness campaign funds were squandered in the early days trying to suggest straights were at equal risk as gays when it wasn't true. That cost the gay community dearly. I think I read 1 in 200 girls are "cutters". Let's hope the money is spent correctly to reach these girls and not wasted talking to "scabby" boys who came by them honestly.
    Yes, more girls than boys is what I hear. I have seen a few scars on 15-16 year-old girls here that could have been a failed attempt at some symbol or letter, but it more favored one of the scars you might see if you frequent the back street bars.
    Ain't life funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Orn
    but it more favored one of the scars you might see if you frequent the back street bars.
    So.... Ron you speak with some experience???

"The man who alters his way of thinking to suit others is a fool."
    (Donatien Alphonse François comte de Sade)
    Marquis de SADE

Yes, more girls than boys is what I hear. I have seen a few scars on 15-16 year-old girls here that could have been a failed attempt at some symbol or letter, but it more favored one of the scars you might see if you frequent the back street bars.
    Ask Anastasia about Angelina. She spent time retouching nude photos of her. For work of course, not for my birthday present.
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."

Ask Anastasia about Angelina. She spent time retouching nude photos of her. For work of course, not for my birthday present.
    Oh hun I am sorry, I'll get right on that
    but yes I retouched her scars, she's a cutter for sure...
    Marquis de SADE

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia
    So.... Ron you speak with some experience???

One scar from a Bowie Knife on the left thigh that resembles a crescent moon, a brass knuckle scar between my eyes that looks like a little 3rd eye when I’m angry, a scar made by a broken longneck on my left shoulder blade (no I wasn’t running away, but wish I had been), lower lip scarred up, down and sideways from my own teeth, scar from an icepick through my left palm…

I’m getting tired…
    Ain't life funny...

Oh hun I am sorry, I'll get right on that
    but yes I retouched her scars, she's a cutter for sure...
    She looks like a cutter...

Why?
    Ain't life funny...

One scar from a Bowie Knife on the left thigh that resembles a crescent moon, a brass knuckle scar between my eyes that looks like a little 3rd eye when I’m angry, a scar made by a broken longneck on my left shoulder blade (no I wasn’t running away, but wish I had been), lower lip scarred up, down and sideways from my own teeth, scar from an icepick through my left palm…

I’m getting tired…
    OK now we have to meet so I can hear all the stories that go along with the scars
    3rd eye when your angry? There just might be something to that.. you never know

Marquis de SADE

OK now we have to meet so I can hear all the stories that go along with the scars
    3rd eye when your angry? There just might be something to that.. you never know

That'll be an all-nighter! It might have to be site-specific in order to really appreciate it. LOL! But, that's no step for a stepper...
    Ain't life funny...

That'll be an all-nighter! It might have to be site-specific in order to really appreciate it. LOL! But, that's no step for a stepper...
    Gotcha
    LOL
    I think everyone has stories from the "good ole days"

Marquis de SADE

There are several reasons for self-injurous behavior.

1 - Attention
    2 - Masochism
    3 - Trulywish to damage self / self loathing
    4 - Many cutters do it because the physical pain buries the emotional pain they may be going through.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

"Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

In my job, we train mental health case managers....this is an article we give them on cutting during their training on the DSMIV. You need to scroll down to each link such as why people self injure and click next section to contunue the article, You may or may not find it useful in learning about why people "cut" or self injury. This is one of the most comprehensive article I have ever seen on the subject.

http://palace.net/~llama/psych/what.html
    ---------------------------------------------------
    "It is never freedom of religion and freedom of speech when you use your religion as a guise to demean other people."
    ---------------------------------------------------

I have joined the world of blogging...at
    www.joebrummer.com