Thread: Greenspan does a 180

Greenspan does a 180

It looks more and more like Greenspan has publicly pledged political loyalty to the current administration. He endorsed the 4% private retirement accounts and public debt to facilitate that Ponzi scheme.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...i_ge/greenspan

Considering public emotion regarding SS, obtaining congressional support for the scheme will prove to be a very rough road. As being reflected by equity market reactions every time the subject makes the news. While it would be a windfall bonanza for brokerage firms, even the general public has grave doubts about its feasibility. That's a real first.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

I think Greenspan has had a long and illustrious career, but it's time to step down.

(Read: he's too old, and isn't anything but the front man for the people in shadow behind him)

fracas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by georged
    It looks more and more like Greenspan has publicly pledged political loyalty to the current administration. He endorsed the 4% private retirement accounts and public debt to facilitate that Ponzi scheme.
    maybe W got the idea from Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by georged
    Considering public emotion regarding SS, obtaining congressional support for the scheme will prove to be a very rough road. As being reflected by equity market reactions every time the subject makes the news. While it would be a windfall bonanza for brokerage firms, even the general public has grave doubts about its feasibility. That's a real first.
    why would it be a windfall for brokerage firm?
    and if so wouldn't it be an even bigger windfall for the publically traded sector as a whole?