Poll: Should we have school uniforms?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should we have school uniform? (ages 10-18 answer please)

Exclamation DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE A WEAK CONSTITUTON!!! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by feindslayer View Post
    Proven? Ha! Although numerous tests have been done on the subject, you can easily ask any kid how they would learn better in school: with itchy, ugly uniforms, or casual, everyday clothing?
    Proven? No. Retarded, itchy, ugly, yes.
    Those are my principles. Now, agree or die VIA shotgun.
    Last edited by stephena; 11-05-2010 at 09:26 AM.
    "...I have a dream. A dream that one day, all men will be created equal..." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes." -Gandhi

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Crujir View Post
    Actually, I am a 16 year old male who has been straight all my life, and my uniform happens to be a military uniform, so you can shove that comment up your @$$. You must not be very educated about such topics to suddenly assume something that stupid simply because I wear a uniform required by my academy, so why even post and make yourself look as stupid as you just did?
    Ok, first of all, you have to be 18 to join the military so how can it be a military uniform??? Second of all, when I clicked that link, NOTHING CAME UP. THIRD of all, you need to take your head out of your @$$ and go finger yourself you XXXXing slutty bitch.
    "...I have a dream. A dream that one day, all men will be created equal..." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes." -Gandhi

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CS2010 View Post
    I just don't get it. I love school uniforms. So, here's my view, you have to wear a uniform to work at McDonald's right???? You have to wear a uniform anywhere you work, Best Buy, Walmart, Target right???.... come on people. Get over this B.S. about individualism being taken away from students. Uniforms are required in the work force. And by the way, has anyone bothered to listen to us, the students. I love my uniform, it's cute, it's versatile. Seriously people, uniforms are everywhere. Get over it & get into the future here.
    ... *ties CS2010 to a tree and pulls a M16* The deed is done... *walks away*

Last edited by COBHC; 11-12-2010 at 03:15 AM.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

I regret my user name.

amen brother. XD

Angry

If schools dont have uniforms, How will we ever let it down that a child was killed because some cruel gangster kid hid some stupid gun or knife in their clothes? Dont belive that school uniforms are [I]dumb!!![I] What are most kids Thinking!!!
    Burnez

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by stephena View Post
    amen brother. XD
    Hey!!
    Burnez

Quote Originally Posted by Tonii Burnez View Post
    If schools dont have uniforms, How will we ever let it down that a child was killed because some cruel gangster kid hid some stupid gun or knife in their clothes? Dont belive that school uniforms are [I]dumb!!![I] What are most kids Thinking!!!
    What makes it harder to hide weapons in uniforms? If a someone wants to do a school shooting, I don't see how school uniforms won't stop them.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

I regret my user name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonii Burnez View Post
    That's the weakest excuse I've heard on this issue. Unless you have plans to make school uniforms skin tight and fit like gymnastics leotards, you're not going to be able to keep kids from smuggling weapons into school under their clothes.

And learn how to speak properly.
    [QUOTE=Brady;363469]When I was a kid I did lots of things like playing with fire and torturing animals even though adults told me not to.[/QUOTE]
    The admission of a sociopathic serial killer.

[QUOTE=Penfold;363126]No Personal attacks, insults, name calling, offensive generalizations, or labeling.[/QUOTE]
    He should practice what he preaches.

The three duties of government: 1. Protect property 2. preserve contracts 3. provide for the rule of law.

Im not 10 to 18 but I like the idea of school uniforms. Helps all of the children look at each other as individuals based on personality, not clothes.

Agree with proecker.
    Clothes don't make the person.

Quote Originally Posted by hwyangel View Post
    Agree with proecker.
    Clothes don't make the person.
    You agree with him, but he is wrong.

With the economy as it is there are more important issues to worry about than schools having uniforms for their students.
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

I personally don't view children expressing their individuality at school is an important issue.

Unless they're preparing a daring daylight raid on the bigger kids on the playground to retrieve stolen brown-bag lunches, then no, uniforms are not necessary and should not be required.

But honestly, who cares? Even if they are mandatory it is not the end of the world.

Besides, then they will be ready to audition in case they ever do a sequel to Dead Poets Society.

Last edited by Wild Child; 10-24-2011 at 04:39 AM.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.