Poll: Should we have school uniforms?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Should we have school uniform? (ages 10-18 answer please)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    Post Should we have school uniform? (ages 10-18 answer please)

    Should we have school uniform

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,893
    No, schools shouldn't be required to do uniforms
    Yes, they should be allowed to require uniforms (within reason)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockbridge, Georgia
    Posts
    7,166
    I'm not responding to your poll. I'm just wondering why you think 10 to 18 year olds should be able to make the decision whether to have school uniforms. The PTA isn't likely to turn the school over to you on this or any other question.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking
    I'm not responding to your poll. I'm just wondering why you think 10 to 18 year olds should be able to make the decision whether to have school uniforms. The PTA isn't likely to turn the school over to you on this or any other question.
    Then we'll just have to take over the school by force

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    7,012
    Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking
    I'm not responding to your poll. I'm just wondering why you think 10 to 18 year olds should be able to make the decision whether to have school uniforms. The PTA isn't likely to turn the school over to you on this or any other question.
    The way quality of education is dumping with federal intervention, it might behoove we adults to explore that option.
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by zachvac
    Then we'll just have to take over the school by force
    Lol...

    Anyway. School uniforms are a great thing, honestly. They are proven to improve students in many ways. Nobody is ever focused on what they are going to wear everyday; everyone wears the same thing. It creates a sense of pride and belonging, and often the closest ties in life come from schools like that. It causes the students to focus more on their academics and other goals rather than making their social life more important. I know because it is a proven study and I attend a uniform school myself, and I love it.
    "An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." - Orlando Battista

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,628
    you're obviously not a straight male over 12, which isn't a bad thing.
    Some people love their country because of what it is, because of the principles it is built on, because of its prosperity and freedom. Then others love their country because it is their country, and will destroy all that is actually good about it to silence those who disagree. Which do you think you are? - Symbiote

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    12
    Actually, I am a 16 year old male who has been straight all my life, and my uniform happens to be a military uniform, so you can shove that comment up your XXX. You must not be very educated about such topics to suddenly assume something that stupid simply because I wear a uniform required by my academy, so why even post and make yourself look as stupid as you just did? In fact, why don't you go check out www.pioneeryouthcorps.com to see for yourself what the organization is all about.
    "An error does not become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." - Orlando Battista

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    7,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Crujir
    Actually, I am a 16 year old male who has been straight all my life, and my uniform happens to be a military uniform, so you can shove that comment up your XXX. You must not be very educated about such topics to suddenly assume something that stupid simply because I wear a uniform required by my academy, so why even post and make yourself look as stupid as you just did? In fact, why don't you go check out www.pioneeryouthcorps.com to see for yourself what the organization is all about.
    I live in Oregon. Why don't you explain to the forum as to how you arrived at your current uniform status and derogatory statements?
    These are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. ~Groucho Marx~

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Crujir
    Actually, I am a 16 year old male who has been straight all my life, and my uniform happens to be a military uniform, so you can shove that comment up your XXX. You must not be very educated about such topics to suddenly assume something that stupid simply because I wear a uniform required by my academy, so why even post and make yourself look as stupid as you just did? In fact, why don't you go check out www.pioneeryouthcorps.com to see for yourself what the organization is all about.

    His comment was more directed towards older adult males, many of whom find women dressing school girl uniforms to be erotic.
    Admittedly, the concept of the Straussian text is one susceptible to intellectual mischief in the form of wild claims about the esoteric meaning of texts, not to mention rather off-putting for anyone who doesn’t like know-it-all elites.
    Orthodox Judaism, not to mention other religions: there is a small number of men who know the detailed truth; the masses are told what they need to know and no more

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,628
    Hmmm. Someone is a bit testy when it comes to the females. Fine you're not 12. You just lack such exposure which would give you a different view.

    lord tammerlain: School uniforms? Not really. Have you SEEN some of the dress codes in high schools? (or lack of dress codes) To support uniforms when that is occuring is a sign one hasn't been exposed. I remember going to one class that had one good thing about it: the hottie dressing very provocatively in the next row over.
    Some people love their country because of what it is, because of the principles it is built on, because of its prosperity and freedom. Then others love their country because it is their country, and will destroy all that is actually good about it to silence those who disagree. Which do you think you are? - Symbiote

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,199
    Only at erotic fashion shows and the like. Really nice looking twenty year old women in finely tailored school girl uniforms.
    Admittedly, the concept of the Straussian text is one susceptible to intellectual mischief in the form of wild claims about the esoteric meaning of texts, not to mention rather off-putting for anyone who doesn’t like know-it-all elites.
    Orthodox Judaism, not to mention other religions: there is a small number of men who know the detailed truth; the masses are told what they need to know and no more

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    1

    Arrow yeah.....

    at the moment i am a middle school student in South Korea....
    I have lives most of my life in UK
    at the moment i am the head of students in my school.

    and i believe that the students should be able to get together and discuss problems and make dicisions by themselves (just like the adults do they get together and make laws that rule people)

    I believe that the school unifrom is not a nessecary thing...

    it may be an option for the students to choose, but should not be forced by teachers to wear....

    ( this is also a huge issue in south korea)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1

    School Uniforms allowed?

    Hi, I am south korean too. No offense but your spelling and vocbulary is mis-spelled and weak. Well anyways, i get what you are trying to say beacuse i'm korean too. Well heres my point, Martin Luther King Jr. Once tried to save us from this deadful way of lifein school. He once said "I have a dream,
    that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." In this case it cant be interpreted as the skin as the uniform or clothing. In my school we usually look at other's clothing and judge them (usually their character or personality). If we get school Uniforms I believe that this "way of life" will end, and everyones life will change in a postive way.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere unimportant
    Posts
    15
    In what sense; a Government Mandate or just the general use of Uniforms?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •