Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long List of U.N. Failures

All I want to know, and I'm serious about this, is has the U.N. ever truly succeeded at accomplishing anything they set out to do? In the world I live in, we judge organizations like the U.N. on their ability to get things done and their current track record...and uhh, unless someone can give me an example of a success...well, F the U.N. again.

Come on people, let's just recognize the fact that the U.N. has become a bunch of spioled brats who think they can do whatever they want, and start coming up with some plans for a world organization with the balls to actually get things done.

Also, I don't recall the U.S. "begging" the U.N. to get involved in Iraq at anytime during this whole venture. We want them there sure, but not if they have any control. The U.N. is the one who *really* needs to be involved in the Iraq situation, after all, they're the ones who are expendable. I love how these things get twisted around.

I blame it on the whole "root for the underdog" thing. Some people need to start pickin' winners...sheesh.

montalban Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mase
    All I want to know, and I'm serious about this, is has the U.N. ever truly succeeded at accomplishing anything they set out to do? In the world I live in, we judge organizations like the U.N. on their ability to get things done and their current track record...and uhh, unless someone can give me an example of a success...well, F the U.N. again.

Come on people, let's just recognize the fact that the U.N. has become a bunch of spioled brats who think they can do whatever they want, and start coming up with some plans for a world organization with the balls to actually get things done.

Also, I don't recall the U.S. "begging" the U.N. to get involved in Iraq at anytime during this whole venture. We want them there sure, but not if they have any control. The U.N. is the one who *really* needs to be involved in the Iraq situation, after all, they're the ones who are expendable. I love how these things get twisted around.

Considering all the people working to undermine the UN, it's amazing they've got anything done.. aid programs

Send Them All Home!!!

The "u.n." has out lived it's self,and has proved over and over that they have a NEW WORLD ORDER agenda. I say we stop all funding,send them back to thier respective coutries and turn the "u.n." building into low income housing. Seeing as how it is U.S tax dollars that pay it. GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Why?

Why do you love your country? It is like all other western countries, it is no better no worse, so why? No trick answers or anything, but why are you sure that people outside your own country are diffrent somehow? Its like you consider borders dividing line of humanity were you have America-humans, Arab-humans and so on. Won't that attitidute kill humanity, were if we consider ourselves so diffrent, almost diffrent speices, simply because our fellow man lives in china. Don't you understand tha patriotism may seem good, but in the end it will doom humanity to petty wars with one another and then our eventual extiction?
    Everything ages, nothing will be here indefinitly, and entrophy is a proven fact. What is true today, may not be true tommorrow, and the future is never 100% certian. In short, there are no absolutes.

That's most certainly not true. The US has the best economy and highest standard of living out of all them. The Western nations are in no way equal.
    Conservatism...You liberals have no idea what you're missing!

"Weren't you wondering why you were getting checks in the mail for not doing anything?"

"No, I just thought the Democrats were back in power."

?

Such a diffrence. I live in canada, but have lived in the U.S., and if anything the quality of living in a big city in america is exactly the same as in canada. I have been to both places and a have to tell you, its not like what you hear on the tv and radio, other countries (britian, france, canada) aren't that diffrent. In fact the only real diffrence is in the taxes you have to pay.
    Everything ages, nothing will be here indefinitly, and entrophy is a proven fact. What is true today, may not be true tommorrow, and the future is never 100% certian. In short, there are no absolutes.

Which ties into standard of living, no?

"Weren't you wondering why you were getting checks in the mail for not doing anything?"

Well yeah

It is a factor, but it is not the whole pie. I don't know what the taxes in america are like any more, but in canada the taxes have gone down since Mr. Martin got into office.

Canadian taxes are still a lot higher, as in almost all the rest of the other countries. The US is very lightly taxed.

Yes, but

As I said taxes are only a small peice of the pie. In alot of respects America is worse then other western powers.

How is that?

Well...

Crime rates, general intellegence, corporate participation in election, envormental polices..need I go on?

If you put the populations into proportion you'll find that crime rates aren't much higher in the US.

The school systems of other countries are quite different than the US system. Most of the students have an additional year of schooling and they use testing to choose where to stick their students. Not too bad of an idea.

Certainly corporations put a lot more money into politics here, but in the end corporations don't elect candidates. That's really not even worth mentioning.

Which countries are you talking about? Europe has had horrible environmental policy. They can't use most of their water resources because of the pollution, for example. France and Britain are probably the two worst...

Ok you want facts?

In europe the general population is smarter then in the U.S. as well as less fat. Although in europe school is on average 1 year longer, your point the diffrent western powers already have superior intellegence because of the school program shows the superiorty of western powers over america in one respect.

In canada thier is 30 million people, and 2000 people killed annually, in america their is 300 million people, and 50,000 people are killed annually. Thats 30,000 more people, or a murder rate of --% more in america. (as provided by 2001 canadian census). Just for fun tell me the precent diffrence in murders.

Speical interests account for the majority of sponsorship for presidentional candidates and large companies often have direct ties to goverment officals.

the majority of president bushes new policys have, not only benefited companies, but been harmful to the envorment. America on average is one of the worst polluting countries in the western hemisphere (placing six after denmark). beaten agian by canada!, and surprisingly Mexico.