Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have children?

Do you have children?

I was going to set this up as a poll, but I think a thread is better. I am curious who has kids and what their ages are, girls or boys...
    I think it is important to get a better idea on where people are coming from.
    I know for myself when I was younger I was full of **** and vinegar, now I am a little calmer (Sinjin wont say that though ...and more focused.
    So with that please share if your a parent or not...
    I have 2 boys ages 1 1/2 and 14
    Maybe admin would consider a forum for family and child rearing...
    "The man who alters his way of thinking to suit others is a fool."
    (Donatien Alphonse François comte de Sade)
    Marquis de SADE

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia
    Maybe admin would consider a forum for family and child rearing...
    ***Big Orn with hand over mouth...snickering***

I have five kids of my own and 3 stepsons.
    From 10 to 28 years old.
    Ain't life funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Orn
    ***Big Orn with hand over mouth...snickering***
    Do you really think that is funny???
    Did I miss something Ron? What just went over my head?
    on edit
    I wasnt being sarcastic...Sinjin doesnt call me Lucy for nothing
    Last edited by Anastasia; 11-03-2004 at 03:03 PM.
    Marquis de SADE

I wasnt being sarcastic...Sinjin doesnt call me Lucy for nothing
    I rest my case...

Aneeewaaay - I feel like I've been raising children all my life - I'm not but 48 - as of today...
    Ain't life funny...

I rest my case...

Aneeewaaay - I feel like I've been raising children all my life - I'm not but 48 - as of today...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON!!!!!!!!!!
    and you have been raising children all your life... duh 8 kids?????
    do you even remember what it was like to have a quiet moment in your home?
    and just remember I am big enough to go along with the Lucy joke... I even bought a Lucy purse this weekend.. I just let it ride.... Never let them know how smart you really are

on edit
    so many people on right now, there must be more with children...
    or you and I are just having this conversation by ourselves
    Marquis de SADE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON!!!!!!!!!!
    and you have been raising children all your life... duh 8 kids?????
    do you even remember what it was like to have a quiet moment in your home?
    and just remember I am big enough to go along with the Lucy joke... I even bought a Lucy purse this weekend.. I just let it ride.... Never let them know how smart you really are

on edit
    so many people on right now, there must be more with children...
    or you and I are just having this conversation by ourselves
    A minute without kids? What's that?

And about the thread - it might be a touchy subject. Reckon?

Oh, and thanks - I feel 28!
    Ain't life funny...

And about the thread - it might be a touchy subject. Reckon?
    Why?
    I like talking about my kids, couldnt there be debates on child rearing, dilemas of having teenage aliens in your home, we could debate on whether they have been abducted or not... or that broken neck disease they all seem to have.. you know when you ask them to do something, their head drops back and some noise comes out of their mouths that you cant understand...
    something to the tune of.. why do I have to do that? or sighs ....
    I could go on, but you have 8 kids... you know all of these wierd things that the aliens do
    Marquis de SADE

I think it boils down to personal feelings and how they should be kept at bay in relation to child-rearing. I know I must place myself outside those personal feelings and be able to think lightning fast when my and children and I get into those tight spots. Most of the time the “dirty” deed has been done all that’s left are the spankings and/or some other discipline. I would like to say that I am not a spanker by nature, although I do resort to it most of the time, but usually not for the same offense.
    And very quiet and loving moments instantly follow those forms of discipline even if just sending them to their room with no TV for a night. Children will always want, want, want and there’s nothing wrong with it, it’s human nature, but learning why they get some and don’t get others is a hard pill to swallow for them, but necessary. It shows them the importance of give and take – a less harsh version of the real world. My world is the world those kids grow up in – and I must make sure that my world contains all the good and bad of the real one. No one argues with the good things of the real world and how to get their children headed in that direction, but it’s hard to accept that the bad has to be shown, too – even if it is a spanking.
    Ain't life funny...

But there are so many things to talk about. So many issues, I for one am dealing with the fact that my oldest is becoming a man. It is weird to see him shaving, growing up.. Girls are in his life right now
    I have a very good relationship with my oldest at least I think I do, and I hope I have taught him right. At this point it is out of my hands more or less, I have to trust that he will make good choices based on a set of values that I gave him.
    The last time I "spanked" him well it was more like a slap on the butt, he was 12 and he does not even remember it. But the reason he got spanked was being a total jerk to his cousin.. so after I hid around the corner to see what would happen when I left the room, and on his own apologized to his cousin, and they continued to play peacefully.. Mission accomplished. I was proud...
    I can count on one hand how many times he has been spanked in his life, but it was effective when I did. No repeats...
    Marquis de SADE

My little boy is about to turn 40, and my girl is 37. If I was asked what my greatest success in life has been, it would be them ..... although I'm not sure how much I had to do with it.
    Dono

or that broken neck disease they all seem to have.. you know when you ask them to do something, their head drops back and some noise comes out of their mouths that you cant understand...
    great, thanks for giving me something to look foreward to. i have a 8 year old, and a 10 year old boy.
    I ONLY APPOLIGE FOR MY SPELLING!

federal code defining the militia, look it up for your self.
    Title 10, Subtitle A, Part I, chapter 13, Sec. 311.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” — Theodore Roosevelt.

Quote Originally Posted by emclean
    great, thanks for giving me something to look foreward to. i have a 8 year old, and a 10 year old boy.
    Thanks for answering.. I am really curious about this.
    Kids are awesome! I wouldnt trade being a mom for anything else!
    and that broken neck disease does go away in time...
    Marquis de SADE

that broken neck disease does go away in time...
    when, my oldest is already infected (he still dose what he is asked to, will this worsen?)
    I ONLY APPOLIGE FOR MY SPELLING!

federal code defining the militia, look it up for your self.
    Title 10, Subtitle A, Part I, chapter 13, Sec. 311.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” — Theodore Roosevelt.

One ten year old boy. Both he and I are full of **** and vinegar.

1 2.5 yr old (girl)
    1 3 month old (boy)
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams