Poll: Should Same-Sex Marriages be Legalized Nationally?

Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: For or Against Gay Marriage

For or Against Gay Marriage

Are you for or against gay marrige? Please explain...

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf
    Are you for or against gay marrige? Please explain...
    We just went through this exercise. In fact, I think that there are several threads still active with one over 400 posts long.

Oh, and I voted an emphatic "NO"! For reasons, check prior posts.

look up in the outher threads
    I ONLY APPOLIGE FOR MY SPELLING!

federal code defining the militia, look it up for your self.
    Title 10, Subtitle A, Part I, chapter 13, Sec. 311.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” — Theodore Roosevelt.

No way, No how

emoreno2292 Guest
    Absolutely. Homosexuals deserve the rights that heterosexuals have. They deserve the right to pursuit of happiness. It can't "degrade the institution" any more than those bachelor shows on TV. My question to those out there who are opposed to it, why do you want to keep these people from being happy, from raising a family, from pursuing the American dream?

Unsure.

The only reason I support gay marriage is because every anti-gay marriage boils down to majority oppression and lies. If the anti-gay party willingly acknowledged they had nothing but majority oppression and lies, well, I wouldn't have an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Duo_Maxwell
    Unsure.

The only reason I support gay marriage is because every anti-gay marriage boils down to majority oppression and lies. If the anti-gay party willingly acknowledged they had nothing but majority oppression and lies, well, I wouldn't have an opinion.

WHAT?????

Quote Originally Posted by emoreno2292
    Absolutely. Homosexuals deserve the rights that heterosexuals have. They deserve the right to pursuit of happiness. It can't "degrade the institution" any more than those bachelor shows on TV. My question to those out there who are opposed to it, why do you want to keep these people from being happy, from raising a family, from pursuing the American dream?

The very definition of Marriage prevents gays from being married. If they want to call it something else and get the tax benifts they want so bad go ahead. But marriage is between a man and a woman PERIOD.

Marriage is a head ache. I reccommend that everyone avoid it at all costs!

I think, therefore I am single.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDutyHaulin
    WHAT?????
    give me a argument aganist gay marriage.

I can boil it down into fallacies, which essentially are lies, outright lies, and majority oppression. There isn't a single decent anti-gay argument that doesn't revolve around majority oppression and lies.

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Duo_Maxwell
    give me a argument aganist gay marriage.

I can boil it down into fallacies, which essentially are lies, outright lies, and majority oppression. There isn't a single decent anti-gay argument that doesn't revolve around majority oppression and lies.
    I can give you several, but try this one. It would create an illegal unfunded mandate by forcing businesses (and us) to include yet another group as beneficiaries for healthcare, SS, Medicare, etc.,

Here are several more arguments against gay marriage: Allowing gay marriage would, among other things:

Further weaken the family unit, the best defense against a government that continues to encroach in our lives more and more.

Encourage more people to continue their homosexual behavior rather than to re-channel their desires toward normal sexuality.

Will encourage children to experiment with homosexuality. This will put more kids at risk for HIV, hepatitis A, B and C, gay bowel syndrome, and sexually transmitted diseases.

Will put more children at risk of being put into unfit households as adoption agencies abandon the current practice of favoring married households and begin placing more children in motherless or fatherless households.

Homosexual households are more prone to domestic violence.

Pit the law and our government against the millions of people who believe homosexuality is wrong.

Create grounds for further attacks on the freedom of speech and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaaaman
    Here are several more arguments against gay marriage: Allowing gay marriage would, among other things:

Further weaken the family unit, the best defense against a government that continues to encroach in our lives more and more.
    How would it further weaken the family unit, I assume you mean the heterosexual family unit, and what was weakening it before?

Encourage more people to continue their homosexual behavior rather than to re-channel their desires toward normal sexuality.
    How's that working for you, repressing your own homosexuality? It must be a really big effort to try to re-channel those desires.

Will encourage children to experiment with homosexuality. This will put more kids at risk for HIV, hepatitis A, B and C, gay bowel syndrome, and sexually transmitted diseases.
    Lack of education will put them at risk.

Will put more children at risk of being put into unfit households as adoption agencies abandon the current practice of favoring married households and begin placing more children in motherless or fatherless households.
    We will look at things besides the sex of the parents to determine what is the best household.

Homosexual households are more prone to domestic violence.
    No, and that's been refuted enough times in this forum.

Pit the law and our government against the millions of people who believe homosexuality is wrong.
    No one is saying you can't believe it is wrong. Are your beliefs against it, only shaped by society's disapproval?

Create grounds for further attacks on the freedom of speech and religion.
    How will marriage for gay and lesbian people accomplish that? We're talking about the right to civil marriage, religious institutions can refuse to marry anyone or agree to marry anyone they wish.
    Last edited by JakeCJB; 07-12-2004 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12
    I can give you several, but try this one. It would create an illegal unfunded mandate by forcing businesses (and us) to include yet another group as beneficiaries for healthcare, SS, Medicare, etc.,
    So what if taxpaying gays and lesbians get the benefits they need?

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12
    Are gays not part of the "us" who would pay for these benefits?
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."