Thread: extracts from a theological presentation

extracts from a theological presentation

Some of you might be interested in extracts from a theological presentation--of a Russian Orthodox priest--that I just posted at:

pages.csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/sysoev.html

Comments will be appreciated,

Ludwik
    I am the author of “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality,”

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

This FREE ON-LINE BOOK is based on a diary I kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA). Please share this link with others who might be interested in this authentic testimony. Perhaps someone will publish a review.
    Ludwik Kowalski (Ph.D.)

Quote Originally Posted by kowalskil View Post
    Some of you might be interested in extracts from a theological presentation--of a Russian Orthodox priest--that I just posted at:

pages.csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/sysoev.html

Comments will be appreciated,

Ludwik

FROM YOUR LINK:

Sysoev's article ends with a difficult-to-follow line of argument. The main point is that modern science is worthless because it is not based on God's revelations, which are absolute and undeniably true. His logic is far from clear. That is why I am not able to translate interesting extracts from the last two paragraphs.

Why should we base science such a premise? Science starts from the very simple and builds into complexity. Your ideas start with complexity and then in a circular way return to the premise as if it's now been proven. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this is absolute insanity.
    "Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position" - Bill Maher