Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting at Fort Hood military base

Mass shooting at Fort Hood military base

Before discussion is had on the subject there are points that must be made and acknowledged beforehand. According to all reports Ivan Lopez used a privately owned Smith & Wesson brand forty five caliber semi-automatic pistol as his weapon of choice.

These are the models of semi-automatic pistols made by Smith & Wesson that are forty five caliber in nature.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

Depending on which model Ivan Lopez purchased the included magazines held as few as seven or as many as ten rounds of ammunition. Therefore there can be no discussion of nonsense such as "high-capacity magazines" since they do not qualify even under the rules of states like New York and California. This limitation in capacity did nothing to deter Ivan Lopez from shooting twenty individuals. The need to constantly reload his personal sidearm did little to slow or deter his unprovoked rampage from occurring.
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

So much for the pro-gun mantra of 'the best thing for a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun'...

Here you have a whole military base of 'good men with guns'; and not only that, but good men that are highly trained in the use of guns - and ya still got 4 dead and 16 wounded!!!

So much for the moronic claims of gun nuts!!
    How to make yourself look a fool in one sentence....

(P.S. worshiping only has 1 p not 2.)
    --johnson--.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    Here you have a whole military base of 'good men with guns'; and not only that, but good men that are highly trained in the use of guns - and ya still got 4 dead and 16 wounded!!!
    Incorrect. On military bases all personnel with the exception of military police are barred from carrying firearms. Realistically speaking this was no different from a mass shooting at a grade school.
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

Xen's right. I was on a base for a while, and only the military police are the ones going around with guns. Very little difference from cops on the beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
    Xen's right. I was on a base for a while, and only the military police are the ones going around with guns. Very little difference from cops on the beat.
    You are 100% correct and it just goes to show how much Dana puts into checking things before jumping up and down peeing his pants.
    Gun Control? "We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

Eh, I wouldn't blame him too much for assuming that everyone on a base would be armed up and ready to roll out and liberate some country or another at a moment's notice. It's what I thought before I arrived at a base myself.

Eh, I wouldn't blame him too much for assuming that everyone on a base would be armed up and ready to roll out and liberate some country or another at a moment's notice. It's what I thought before I arrived at a base myself.
    To tell the truth until a few years ago I thought the same, however unlike little boy blue I did a little research(which didn't take much) and all the information was right there as this time.
    http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/04/ou...kers-disarmed/ only one of very many.
    Gun Control? "We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

...and how many military police would there be on somewhere like Ft Hood..clearly more than one right? Doesn't it have a whole military police battalion stationed there? Anyway, the point I was making is that the idiotic mantra of the gun nuts here of... 'the only way to stop a bad man with a gun is to have a good man with a gun' is clearly BUSTED as there would be quite a number of 'good men with guns' at Ft Worth..right?
    Last edited by Dani; 04-04-2014 at 01:13 AM.

--johnson--.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenamnes View Post
    Incorrect. On military bases all personnel with the exception of military police are barred from carrying firearms.
    The point, unsurprisingly, went right over your head didn't it?

Realistically speaking this was no different from a mass shooting at a grade school.
    Oh well....that makes it OK then.

--johnson--.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...armed_04032014
    It's real sad when soldiers have to hide and cower. On their own base especially. Why? Because they think they can't be trusted.
    There didn't seem to be this problem on military bases before during and for a long long time since WW2. Disarm the military, that is disgusting. I think it's time to rearm.

...and how many military police would there be on somewhere like Ft Hood..clearly more than one right? Doesn't it have a whole military police battalion stationed there?
    There are few military police stationed to any particular base. Fort Hod is home to over fifty three thousand individuals and covers more than two hundred thousand acres of territory. There are not enough members of the military police to cover every conceivable location of such a large area. Expecting them to be everywhere on a military base is no different than expecting a police department of six officers to be capable of protecting an entire town of ten thousand residents.

Anyway, the point I was making is that the idiotic mantra of the gun nuts here of... 'the only way to stop a bad man with a gun is to have a good man with a gun' is clearly BUSTED as there would be quite a number of 'good men with guns' at Ft Worth..right?
    Incorrect. The only individuals at Fort Hood who were armed were the military police who were unavailable at the time. If they cannot respond when people are being killed then their overall effectiveness is highly limited.

Quote Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post
    It's real sad when soldiers have to hide and cower. On their own base especially. Why? Because they think they can't be trusted.
    There didn't seem to be this problem on military bases before during and for a long long time since WW2. Disarm the military, that is disgusting. I think it's time to rearm.
    I'm unclear on exactly what you mean. Do you want military posts to be okay with concealed carry or are you saying soldiers should carry their issue weapons around base?

The problem in the first case has to do with uniform regulations. The troops can't go armed with their personal weapons in uniform because they will then lack uniform appearance.

The problem in the second case is exposing the weapons to damage and/or theft unnecessarily. What does a clerk/typist need his M16 for on post? And if we're talking about keeping it locked and loaded the problem takes on a whole new dimension of bad consequences.

=Imnotreallyhere;479257]I'm unclear on exactly what you mean. Do you want military posts to be okay with concealed carry or are you saying soldiers should carry their issue weapons around base?
    Yes at least be able to CCW if they so wish.

The problem in the first case has to do with uniform regulations.
    The troops can't go armed with their personal weapons in uniform because they will then lack uniform appearance.
    I am fairly certain the soldiers that died and their family's could have cared less about uniform regulations,if it meant being alive to discuss it.
    The problem in the second case is exposing the weapons to damage and/or theft unnecessarily.
    What does a clerk/typist need his M16 for on post? And if we're talking about keeping it locked and loaded the problem takes on a whole new dimension of bad consequences.
    A soldier goes into the field and his weapon is exposed,part of that life is cleaning it.
    If the shooter entered the area of said clerk/typist and he was able able to retrieve said weapon very quickly he may save his life as well as others.It can be a service pistol.
    Your talking "locked and loaded"how about a magazine in the weapon.
    There is nothing or no one saying carry a weapon at all times(unless it's CCW) but on hand at a moments notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenamnes View Post

Incorrect. The only individuals at Fort Hood who were armed were the military police who were unavailable at the time. If they cannot respond when people are being killed then their overall effectiveness is highly limited.
    Then in other words the idiotic mantra of the gun lovers is not true..like I said. There were people on site that had guns and were trained to use them but they could not stop someone with a gun from killing people. That parts of the base were not covered by the MP's with guns is just another one of your excuses.

--johnson--.

Then in other words the idiotic mantra of the gun lovers is not true..like I said. There were people on site that had guns and were trained to use them but they could not stop someone with a gun from killing people. That parts of the base were not covered by the MP's with guns is just another one of your excuses.
    It is no different from the situation of police officers having firearms and the training to use them and being unavailable when they are needed. Average police response time is a minimum of eight minutes. In some cases response times are four hours. This is not a matter of excuse but actual real world fact. There are simply not enough uniformed officers in either the civilian or military sector to go around and prevent incidents like this from occurring. The police cannot even prevent individuals from storming their stations and bringing the firefight to them.

http://www.fugitive.com/2011/01/29/g...pe-watch-here/

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...254294391.html