Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Always such good boys!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon,Linn County
    Posts
    1,991

    Always such good boys!

    As the MSM will portray and the parents and friends. Regardless if they pull a gun on someone they are good boys.
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/rob...lies-want-sue/
    Even Detroit police.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...r-Self-Defense
    And you can just about bet they were good boys also.
    http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=11753...thugs-put-down
    As were/as these boys.
    http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/poli...9bb2963f4.html
    Another good boy/girl that would never hurt anyone. Guess the tables turned.Hmm maybe having a gun will get you killed.Go figure.
    http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/vi...Fatal-Shooting
    Don't know the but I'm sure he was a good boy that would never harm no one.
    http://newsok.com/muskogee-man-shoot...rticle/3948566

    You see where this is going. Hell I could fill volumes.
    Gun Control? "We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Valencia. Spain.
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post

    You see where this is going.
    No...looks like yet another inane ramble to me. What's your point! We all know that 'The law is an arse' but just think...if the robbers didn't have guns and the 'good citizen' didn't have a gun, you wouldn't be posting this.
    How to make yourself look a fool in one sentence....

    (P.S. worshiping only has 1 p not 2.)
    --johnson--.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon,Linn County
    Posts
    1,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    No...looks like yet another inane ramble to me. What's your point! We all know that 'The law is an arse' but just think...if the robbers didn't have guns and the 'good citizen' didn't have a gun, you wouldn't be posting this.
    What makes you think "the robbers" would abide by the law? Maybe you think you live in a land of Unicorn farts and Pixie dust but we don't. Really neither do you but your stuck with it.
    But really though the point is these people that end up dead because of their own stupidity(such as shoving a gun in someones face or breaking in) are all nice innocent boys.People are sick of it as in Detroit. Even the chief of police is on board.
    Gun Control? "We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    38
    Here's the the difference in the reasons between why robbers have guns and law abiding citizens have guns: criminals intend to use their weapon as a means of coercion. There is no profit in killing their victim absent some motive other than monetary. Citizens carry their guns in order to kill someone in self defense. I'm not saying they're wrong, but there it is.

    In the case of the two who were shot after robbing a convenience store, were they an actual threat to the man who shot them? It seems to me they would have been intent on getting away from the scene of their crime, not wasting time on shooting random innocent bystanders. Perhaps, to them, their guns were tools to make people compliant and those boys wouldn't actually have hurt anyone with them. Based on the story you provided there is no reason to think otherwise.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon,Linn County
    Posts
    1,991
    Or tried robbing this one.
    http://www.news10.net/video/19565928...s-strike-again
    Good thing for bullet proof glass, as they already showed their willingness to shoot.
    Gun Control? "We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Valencia. Spain.
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post
    What makes you think "the robbers" would abide by the law?
    It's nothing to do with abiding by the law. The evidence proves that if people are not armed then robbers also tend to go unarmed because they have no fear of being shot themselves. In the USA, robbers have guns to protect themselves from guns but in the EU we make the punishment for armed robbery so severe that robbers generally would rather not risk the extra years behind bars for carrying a gun when they know that they are unlikely to be confronted by a gun themselves. The USA just haven't been able to 'work out the logic' in that yet.
    How to make yourself look a fool in one sentence....

    (P.S. worshiping only has 1 p not 2.)
    --johnson--.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    It's nothing to do with abiding by the law. The evidence proves that if people are not armed then robbers also tend to go unarmed because they have no fear of being shot themselves. In the USA, robbers have guns to protect themselves from guns but in the EU we make the punishment for armed robbery so severe that robbers generally would rather not risk the extra years behind bars for carrying a gun when they know that they are unlikely to be confronted by a gun themselves. The USA just haven't been able to 'work out the logic' in that yet.
    Incorrect. Your gripes are more accurately placed with the united states justice system not consistently following through with its own proscribed sentencing enhancements for offenders armed with firearms. Sentencing enhancements are of little use of firearm-related charges are dropped as part of a plea deal in order to expedite a conviction.
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Valencia. Spain.
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenamnes View Post
    Incorrect. Your gripes are more accurately placed with the united states justice system not consistently following through with its own proscribed sentencing enhancements for offenders armed with firearms. Sentencing enhancements are of little use of firearm-related charges are dropped as part of a plea deal in order to expedite a conviction.
    I said that when you give severe sentences for armed robbery, robbers tend NOT to use guns because they don't want to risk the very long prison sentence for using a gun when they know that they are very unlikely to be faced with a gun. That the USA don't follow through with it's sentencing doesn't alter the fact that THAT is what happens where sentences ARE imposed....as in the EU, so it is not incorrect at all. Read what I wrote rather than seeing what you WANT to see. Your intellectual dishonesty rises to the top again.
    How to make yourself look a fool in one sentence....

    (P.S. worshiping only has 1 p not 2.)
    --johnson--.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    I said that when you give severe sentences for armed robbery, robbers tend NOT to use guns because they don't want to risk the very long prison sentence for using a gun when they know that they are very unlikely to be faced with a gun. That the USA don't follow through with it's sentencing doesn't alter the fact that THAT is what happens where sentences ARE imposed....as in the EU, so it is not incorrect at all. Read what I wrote rather than seeing what you WANT to see. Your intellectual dishonesty rises to the top again.
    I have quotes and screencaps showing your use of the phrase "make sentences" rather than "give sentences" in your statement. You did not make any claim to the EU actually giving out and enforcing severe sentences for the use of firearms in crimes. Instead you claimed the EU had severe sentences for the use of firearms in crimes. Your language used would suggest you believe the united states is devoid of sentencing enhancement standards codified into law.

    If you wish for photographic citation for proof that can be done.

    Pray tell however what does the EU consider to be severe sentences for armed robbery? What is the standard definition for determining what amounts to a severe sentence?
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Valencia. Spain.
    Posts
    2,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenamnes View Post
    I have quotes and screencaps showing your use of the phrase "make sentences" rather than "give sentences" in your statement. You did not make any claim to the EU actually giving out and enforcing severe sentences for the use of firearms in crimes. Instead you claimed the EU had severe sentences for the use of firearms in crimes. Your language used would suggest you believe the united states is devoid of sentencing enhancement standards codified into law.

    If you wish for photographic citation for proof that can be done.

    Pray tell however what does the EU consider to be severe sentences for armed robbery? What is the standard definition for determining what amounts to a severe sentence?
    If you have to split hairs between "make sentences" and "give sentences" then you really are as devoid of intellectual integrity as I thought and I now see why I previously left off discussing anything with you. You really are the most pompous prat that it has ever been my misfortune to come across on a forum.
    How to make yourself look a fool in one sentence....

    (P.S. worshiping only has 1 p not 2.)
    --johnson--.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon,Linn County
    Posts
    1,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    It's nothing to do with abiding by the law. The evidence proves that if people are not armed then robbers also tend to go unarmed because they have no fear of being shot themselves. In the USA, robbers have guns to protect themselves from guns but in the EU we make the punishment for armed robbery so severe that robbers generally would rather not risk the extra years behind bars for carrying a gun when they know that they are unlikely to be confronted by a gun themselves. The USA just haven't been able to 'work out the logic' in that yet.
    TEND to go unarmed? What's this TEND? IN THE U.S. ROBBERS HAVE GUNS TO PROTECT THEMSELVES? Protect themselves from what? I know, I know the people they would rob or worse. I suppose rapist have guns to protect themselves from their victims.
    when they know that they are unlikely to be confronted by a gun themselves
    In other words one big gun-free zone.
    If your willing to bet your life your robber or whatever is unarmed go for it.
    Gun Control? "We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •