Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go design yourself!

Go design yourself!

Is intelligent design a scientific theory?Yes.

The scientific method is commonly described as a four-step process involving observations, hypothesis, experiments, and conclusion. Intelligent design begins with the observation that intelligent agents produce complex and specified information (CSI). Design theorists hypothesize that if a natural object was designed, it will contain high levels of CSI. Scientists then perform experimental tests upon natural objects to determine if they contain complex and specified information. One easily testable form of CSI is irreducible complexity, which can be discovered by experimentally reverse-engineering biological structures to see if they require all of their parts to function. When ID researchers find irreducible complexity in biology, they conclude that such structures were designed.

very true indeed..

Quote Originally Posted by manolete View Post
    very true indeed..
    To someone who is as scientifically ignorant as you perhaps!
    How to make yourself look a fool in one sentence....

(P.S. worshiping only has 1 p not 2.)
    --johnson--.

The scientific method is commonly described as a four-step process involving observations, hypothesis, experiments, and conclusion. Intelligent design begins with the observation that intelligent agents produce complex and specified information (CSI). Design theorists hypothesize that if a natural object was designed, it will contain high levels of CSI. Scientists then perform experimental tests upon natural objects to determine if they contain complex and specified information. One easily testable form of CSI is irreducible complexity, which can be discovered by experimentally reverse-engineering biological structures to see if they require all of their parts to function. When ID researchers find irreducible complexity in biology, they conclude that such structures were designed.
    Yet more plagiarising from this scientifically illiterate website.
    http://www.intelligentdesign.org/whatisid.php

--johnson--.

Intelligent design is not in any way a scientific theory

I see that manolete has been Banned

But I just had to say my 2 cents and set one thing straight.

Intelligent design is not in any way a scientific theory, saying otherwise is just an out-right lie.

Sorry but that just really bugged me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagas View Post
    I see that manolete has been Banned

But I just had to say my 2 cents and set one thing straight.

Intelligent design is not in any way a scientific theory, saying otherwise is just an out-right lie.

Sorry but that just really bugged me.
    Manolete is scientifically illiterate and intellectually bankrupt....and a troll.

Welcome to the forum btw.

--johnson--.

Ha! HOW is irreducible complexity CSI?? It isn't.

Just so you know, all irreducible complexity claims is that if a complex system loses one part, it ceases to function. Aside from this definition, intelligent design proponents go on to say an IC system cannot come about by an unguided process, of course inferring that evolution is unguided (it isn't). What's soooo dumb, is they REFUSE to accept that what they call an IC system COULD have once been even more complex and functioned differently but has subsequently been streamlined and tweaked by evolutionary processes. To them, everything has to have been built in the same manner as a 4 year old building with Duplo.

As for CSI, which I have heard previously as specified complexity (a better terminology), this has never been found. Dembski's thoughts behind it are fairly sound, but the search is on. This refers to information that is specific, as in a coded message with a purpose. So far, all the information found in all the genomes on the planet sounds more like a garbled mishmash of random clutter thrown together in such a way as it works, but we have no idea how or why because it is buried within tons of garbage that does absolutely nothing. This is what evolution predicted before we even sequenced those genomes, go figure.
    "Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position" - Bill Maher

The problem with ID is it is scientifically useless.

Evolution answers a multitude of questions about life on earth, ID implies a creator and nothing else.

If you assume ID is a fact you are then left with the question of, was it a supernatural creator or was it a technologically advanced race of extraterrestrials (which is actually much more likely than a supernatural creator).

Humans are on the verge of being able to design and build DNA from scratch right now so an extraterrestrial creator would not need to be anymore intelligent then we are.

ID can't be measured, experimented on, tested or verified and we can't observe the creator, which is why it doesn't qualify as science.

It's more like philosophy then science and is more like religion than philosophy.

The only people that would find it useful are people who want to promote religion and as I said before doesn't answerer the question of is there a god, it just gives you two possibility's of which a supernatural creator is less likely by an order of magnitude.

ID really has no use to scientist or the religious because it does not definitively tell you if there is a god.

This site is 'debate hell'. Fourth rate intellectuals receiving the same questions and sending the same answers to first rate lunatics....and vice versa of course.
    What bunch of losers.

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    This site is 'debate hell'. Fourth rate intellectuals receiving the same questions and sending the same answers to first rate lunatics....and vice versa of course.
    What bunch of losers.
    One can only wonder why you don't feck off somewhere that is more deserving of your astounding intellect. We fourth rate intellectuals and first rate lunatics are clearly not worthy of being graced by your presence.
    Last edited by Dani; 04-27-2014 at 02:58 PM.

--johnson--.

Dont take it to heart Dumi. I realise this is the only 'debate' forum that hasnt banned you and understand how important it is to you. Being a an impoverished English twat stranded in Spain. However it needs to be pointed out just how much of a loser that you and your ilk are.
    I may drop by now and again to take the p*ss. Until then adios Ameoba.....you little c*cksucker

Dont take it to heart Dumi. I realise this is the only 'debate' forum that hasnt banned you and understand how important it is to you. Being a an impoverished English twat stranded in Spain. However it needs to be pointed out just how much of a loser that you and your ilk are.
    I may drop by now and again to take the p*ss. Until then adios Ameoba.....you little c*cksucker
    This is hilarious - gansao, didn't know you had it in you.

So where do you put yourself on the intellectual scale?
    "Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position" - Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Databed View Post

Not very high I would imagine. He can't even spell 'amoeba'. LMFAO!

--johnson--.

What bunch of losers.
    4th rate intellectual or 1st rate lunatic, you're still all loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Databed View Post

You obviously do not comprehend my post.