Thread: Master's degree RP on same sex marriage, need your opinion!

Lightbulb Master's degree RP on same sex marriage, need your opinion!

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I know that the issue has been talked about a fair bit in the forum already and I want to apologize for bringing it up again.

The thing is, I am doing an Rp in Corpus Linguistics for my master's degree in English. I have been reading some posts on the matter since this morning (its 4.39pm in Paris right now) and my head is about to explode!!

While I am dying to include what is being said in the two copora I am compiling for study, with every member quoting the other, it gets hard to exploit the content of your opinions.

So, as the annoying little frog-eater that I am, I would like to sollicitate you:

What are your personal opinions on same sex marriage? Why?

I am very interested in the subject but I cannot participate in other ways than reading you in order not to biase the study.

I insist on the fact that it is a study for my Linguistics class for my english Master's degree, and, while I can guarentee that the content of you posts will not be edited, please keep in mind that I do intend on using the language you use and chose for my research.

Thanks in advance for those of you who will want to participate!
    Best Regards
    Pepe La Pew

My views

Sexual orientation is a DNA based outcome that all societies have as a proportional fact of life.
    A certain percentage of the population will be gay and a certain percentage will be heterosexual.
    Providing that both partners are consensual then allowing a person to publicly express their love for the person they fell in love with is reasonable and should be legalized.

Quote Originally Posted by pepelapew View Post
    What are your personal opinions on same sex marriage? Why?
    Homosexualism in general is not a legitimate differentiation between individuals anymore than eye color or hair color. It is no more worthy of special interest protection from persecution and ridicule than preference for one particular movie over another.

Human sexuality is fluidic in nature and subject to change based on outside environmental influence. It is not something set in stone and beyond change. A person is no more homosexual than they are heterosexual in nature. Preference for one gender over another is nothing more than situational and temporary in nature.

There are individuals that claim to no longer be of the homosexual influence. That fact should be noted and recognized before efforts to carve out special standards for homosexual marriage are carved into the law.
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

There's 2 parts of me;

There's the part below the ears which is utterly repulsed by homosexuals.

There's the bit above the ears which is a liberal freedom loving nice man who's life is enriched by having the freedom not to be gay.

I have been chatted up on a Greek beach for 5 hours by a gay man. There were naked women close by so I didn't notice. There is 100% a biological difference. If is DNA or some sort of contracted behavior changing disease/parasite I don't know.

Poofs should have the freedom to get married. It is their life. It does no harm to anyone else. Good luck to them.

I have absolutely no problem with same-sex marriage. Everyone needs some love in their life and whether you get that love from a man or a woman is nobody's business but yours and the person you want to share the love with. Homosexuality is not a life-style choice and to deny people the opportunity to marry the person of their choice is just plain wrong.
    How to make yourself look a fool in one sentence....

(P.S. worshiping only has 1 p not 2.)
    --johnson--.

Being a religious conservative is a life style choice being gay is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenamnes View Post
    Homosexualism in general is not a legitimate differentiation between individuals anymore than eye color or hair color. It is no more worthy of special interest protection from persecution and ridicule than preference for one particular movie over another.

Human sexuality is fluidic in nature and subject to change based on outside environmental influence. It is not something set in stone and beyond change. A person is no more homosexual than they are heterosexual in nature. Preference for one gender over another is nothing more than situational and temporary in nature.

There are individuals that claim to no longer be of the homosexual influence. That fact should be noted and recognized before efforts to carve out special standards for homosexual marriage are carved into the law.
    It doesn't look like things are going to go the way you guys want it to you are obviously loosing the war against homosexuality which makes you unhappy. Why are you people always so unhappy about everything? Do you all need something to complain about to make your life complete?