Thread: Pathological hate

Pathological hate

Racism: a social disease

I am worried after reading the "Stop Syjionizmowi," published in one of the Polish websites, not in English:

http://stopsyjonizmowi.wordpress.com/poznaj-zyda/

I did not read the well-known forgery: "Protocol of Elders of Zion," fabricated over a hundred years ago in Tsarist Russia. But this Polish post is probably more nonsensical and more poisonous.

The author writes, for instance, "the greatest criminals, murderers and traitors in history were mostly Jews (Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Dzerzhinsky)." This statement is false: none of them was a Jew. Also false is the claim that "The Jewish religion is not ... based on the Old Testament." The article is full of such nonsense; I think that the author knows this very well. But I have no desire to argue with him. This kind of propaganda is very dangerous; it may lead, under some conditions, to a new wave of massive tragedies.

Who should criticize and expose authors of such articles? I do not think that this should be done by Jews. Our (Jewish) participation in the fight against potential murderers should be reduced to criticism of anti-Polish statements made by some Jews. And our day-to-day behavior should demonstrate that we are not liars, thieves and murderers, as claimed in the slanderous article.

At the forefront of the struggle with Polish anti-Semitism should be Poles - right wing, left wing, theists, atheists, scientists, and ordinary people. Why do I think so? Because I know that such struggle can be very effective. Passivity in the face of racism makes us morally responsible for what may take place in the future. Such passivity is also an insult to our national honors. I often think about this when I read our common Golden Rule: "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Ludwik
    I am the author of “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality,”

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html

This FREE ON-LINE BOOK is based on a diary I kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA). Please share this link with others who might be interested in this authentic testimony. Perhaps someone will publish a review.
    Ludwik Kowalski (Ph.D.)

Quote Originally Posted by kowalskil View Post
    Racism: a social disease

I am worried after reading the "Stop Syjionizmowi," published in one of the Polish websites, not in English:

http://stopsyjonizmowi.wordpress.com/poznaj-zyda/

I did not read the well-known forgery: "Protocol of Elders of Zion," fabricated over a hundred years ago in Tsarist Russia. But this Polish post is probably more nonsensical and more poisonous.

The author writes, for instance, "the greatest criminals, murderers and traitors in history were mostly Jews (Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Dzerzhinsky)." This statement is false: none of them was a Jew. Also false is the claim that "The Jewish religion is not ... based on the Old Testament." The article is full of such nonsense; I think that the author knows this very well. But I have no desire to argue with him. This kind of propaganda is very dangerous; it may lead, under some conditions, to a new wave of massive tragedies.

Who should criticize and expose authors of such articles? I do not think that this should be done by Jews. Our (Jewish) participation in the fight against potential murderers should be reduced to criticism of anti-Polish statements made by some Jews. And our day-to-day behavior should demonstrate that we are not liars, thieves and murderers, as claimed in the slanderous article.

At the forefront of the struggle with Polish anti-Semitism should be Poles - right wing, left wing, theists, atheists, scientists, and ordinary people. Why do I think so? Because I know that such struggle can be very effective. Passivity in the face of racism makes us morally responsible for what may take place in the future. Such passivity is also an insult to our national honors. I often think about this when I read our common Golden Rule: "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Ludwik
    Social diseases do not simply pop out of nowhere. As with other social and physical maladies ,they are manifestations or symptoms ;arising out of certain deep rooted causes, that develop slowly over long periods of time.
    No one is born a racist or anti-semitic. These social beliefs or political understandings come as a result of injustices and inequalities both real and imagined.
    The typical White American, who may harbor feelings of resentment toward African-Americans ,did not learn this, but out of a sense of frustration ,saw in these feelings ,the only logical way to explain them.

Based primarily on his seeing a minority gain an unfair advantage in a society, whose fundamental basis was thought to be equal treatment for all under the law ;but who can now only see unfair advantages being awarded to certain distinct racial groups ; under the cover of political correctness,affirmative action programs ,forced integration of public schools, open housing laws that lead to city blight and so on ;with added penalties for HATE speech and ambiguous hate crimes. And while the double standard that inevitably arises from such situations , it can only cast doubts upon the effectiveness of constitutional law.

Take these pent up frustrations and the accompanying negative emotions toward racial minorities , and apply them to the worldwide Jewish community; and you can substitute the word racism with a slightly older word and idea ;that being anti-semitism.

In this clear light of causality ,we can come to at least understand the awkwardness and with it the clumsy ignorance of history and geography of certain Poles, in their own attempts to deal with the same sense of social displacement and economic disparities that have existed in Poland for centuries.

While Jews in Poland were never as wealthy or socially prominent, as those living in pre-war Germany ,they nonetheless represented for the Poles a class unto itself ;living within their own social and economic perameters in a large predominately Catholic Christian country.
    In this case ,the Jews of Poland ,while in many cases suffered similar hardships as the catholics ,still enjoyed the close support often found in small close knit social groups. And this often led to certain ecomomic advantages, the general polish population could not count on or enjoy.

Play this scenario out for a few centuries and it will invariably lead to anti-semitism ;as happened in England ,France and Russia and Spain. And countless other countries.

The solution just may well be ,a conscientious attempt to play in a level playing field and avoid even the appearance of exploitation and/or the taking undue advantage of the host peoples.