Thread: Can't stay and continue.

Can't stay and continue.

A notice that I will be leaving this forum by and large in terms of debating. I joined because I was in a bit of an argumentative mood, forgetting why I don't do forum debates anymore. While I like debating in person or over chat, waiting for an indefinite period of time for an reply stresses me out incredibly. The waiting creates tension which causes stress which is most unpleasant. So I'll try to wrap up what I'm on, and then largely leave the website for intents and purposes. A difficult issue because my pride doesn't like the idea of me backing down, but this sort of stress makes me feel physically uncomfortable. So I apologize, but I must step down.

However I would most certainly like to thank the members of this community who I have engaged with for forcing me to research out things I haven't, to causing me to learn new things to change and solidify my positions on certain matters. Thank you all for helping me stretch my knowledge.
    "Allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowledge."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Quote Originally Posted by ANorveyanFellow View Post
    A notice that I will be leaving this forum by and large in terms of debating. I joined because I was in a bit of an argumentative mood, forgetting why I don't do forum debates anymore. While I like debating in person or over chat, waiting for an indefinite period of time for an reply stresses me out incredibly. The waiting creates tension which causes stress which is most unpleasant. So I'll try to wrap up what I'm on, and then largely leave the website for intents and purposes. A difficult issue because my pride doesn't like the idea of me backing down, but this sort of stress makes me feel physically uncomfortable. So I apologize, but I must step down.

However I would most certainly like to thank the members of this community who I have engaged with for forcing me to research out things I haven't, to causing me to learn new things to change and solidify my positions on certain matters. Thank you all for helping me stretch my knowledge.
    I will certainly be sorry to see you go. I suggest you visit from time to time, rather than making a final decision right now, you may learn to be a bit more patient (bear in mind, replies sometimes never come - no point in stressing over it).
    Religion is the placebo of the masses - House.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - House.
    God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance - Neil deGrasse Tyson.
    That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens.

Not so much a matter of patience -I can wait forever waiting for an RPG fellow to reply- but it just stresses me out knowing an answer is coming that I don't know what it is, or how I'll have to respond, and it could hit me whenever. It keeps me on edge and it stresses me and I don't like it.

I thank you for displaying proper polite etiquette on this board though. It would be nice if everyone would follow the quote given next to the forums title.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Not so much a matter of patience -I can wait forever waiting for an RPG fellow to reply- but it just stresses me out knowing an answer is coming that I don't know what it is, or how I'll have to respond, and it could hit me whenever. It keeps me on edge and it stresses me and I don't like it.

I thank you for displaying proper polite etiquette on this board though. It would be nice if everyone would follow the quote given next to the forums title.
    Don't stress about when a reply will come. Visit the site when you want, on your terms. Let them stress over your reply (but they probably won't).
    Religion is the placebo of the masses - House.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - House.
    God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance - Neil deGrasse Tyson.
    That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    Don't stress about when a reply will come. Visit the site when you want, on your terms. Let them stress over your reply (but they probably won't).
    Heh, a bit easier said than done I'm afraid. But yes, if I grow out of this situation, then I will indeed gladly return.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Ah, I truly hate that feeling. It can make me terribly anxious myself.

Peace out. See you when we see you.