Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Kentucky Creation Museum... Come and enjoy the Tour

The Kentucky Creation Museum... Come and enjoy the Tour

"Truly I was born to be an example of misfortune, and a target at which the arrows of adversary are aimed"

Quote Originally Posted by Hdreams View Post
    What's REALLY frightening is that the people that believe this utter tripe are allowed to:
    1. Vote.
    2. Have children.
    How to make yourself look a fool in one sentence....

(P.S. worshiping only has 1 p not 2.)
    --johnson--.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    What's REALLY frightening is that the people that believe this utter tripe are allowed to:
    1. Vote.
    2. Have children.
    Well, say what you will, atheists are still Americans so they have rights too.

1. Vote.
    2. Have children.
    You might be suprised by my reaction but i dont care about what the people who believe it do... They can believe or do whatever they like...

My issue with this is with the owners, director and the supposed "Creation Scientists"...
    The blatant lies that they preach is my issue... There is no evidence whatsoever that Dinosaurs were in the garden of Eden, through scripture or evidence... And were supposedly vegetarian, what a cracker.. And that they call the attraction a Museum.

If they simply named it the Christian Adventure/Christian Experience or even "The Greatest show on Earth" (I rather like that one), then i wouldnt care... but to be subversive with so much pure fantasy and then call it a Museum is a slap in the face to not only science and academics of all disciplines, including theologians... but also to the dignity of the christian faith and people genuinely looking for answers.

If Christianity has a future (which i imagine it does) it should be in the personal, and compatible with science. This kind of 19th century belief no longer washes and is the reason church pews are emptying. If Christianity took a Buddhist approach to become a partner of science for people in their lives instead of opposing it i think people could reconcile a belief in a god with science and the search for answers. Im not one of them but i cant respect someone of faith that also is willing to listen to the modern world.
    "Truly I was born to be an example of misfortune, and a target at which the arrows of adversary are aimed"

You might be suprised by my reaction but i dont care about what the people who believe it do... They can believe or do whatever they like...
    until they start trying to get their rubbish into our places of learning and seats of government. Then I fight!

My issue with this is with the owners, director and the supposed "Creation Scientists"...
    "Creation Scientists" ...a contradiction in terms if ever there was one.

The blatant lies that they preach is my issue...
    Same here. One can only wonder why...if their religion is 'Truth' (capital 'T' for added effect) why the hell do they have to tell so many lies about it.

--johnson--.

until they start trying to get their rubbish into our places of learning and seats of government. Then I fight!

"Creation Scientists" ...a contradiction in terms if ever there was one.

Same here. One can only wonder why...if their religion is 'Truth' (capital 'T' for added effect) why the hell do they have to tell so many lies about it.
    Well i can see why they lie... Smaller numbers of young earth believers leading to a steady flow of Christians towards more mainstream Christianity such as I.D or even to other religions and Atheism means that they either give it up and say we were wrong or lie... Their is no middle ground, and i severely doubt evangelical Christianity is going to admit error, they would be to afraid that people start asking more questions about the supposed strength of the rest of the Biblical Story and Christian god.

I imagine they don't even really see it as lying, more than likely they feel more devout for being the savior of evangelism, even though the principles they preach are rooted in falsehoods and lies...

As for the "Creation Scientists", what a joke... The only people they fool with that are children and the parents who are bombarded with this stuff every Sunday. It the kids i feel sorry for... Its an irony when you go to a "museum" comprised of historical figures and Dinosaurs and the only real things their are the Dinosaurs.

I imagine they don't even really see it as lying, more than likely they feel more devout for being the savior of evangelism, even though the principles they preach are rooted in falsehoods and lies...
    Yes, I'm sure they don't see it as deliberate lying, though that is exactly what it is. They rely on the scientific ignorance of their audience to gain ground. There is no doubt that they will have to change though, as they have done in the past, when new scientific discoveries come to light daily and force their belief in ancient mythology into an ever decreasing corner. The 'god of the gaps' is getting smaller and less significant with every passing hour. Fortunately today, the only place that 'Creationism' thrives is within the minds of the scientifically illiterate like AZ0 who thinks that humans 'came from monkeys'. But as with all animals that fail to adapt to their surroundings, people like him will eventually become extinct. We must be thankful that it is only America that still has large herds of these human 'dinosaurs' still roaming freely, the rest of the civilised/developed world has moved on. We can only hope that, through the wealth of technology and information that we have at our fingertips today, the children of those 'dinosaurs' will eventually see the error of their parents ways and move forward although I think it will be a long time coming.

The rest of the developed world IS moving on and leaving those 'dinosaurs' far, far behind, wallowing in their self-imposed ignorance. The worst of it is that the dinosaurs are celebrating it!
    Last edited by Dani; 06-30-2013 at 02:12 AM.

--johnson--.

Yes, I'm sure they don't see it as deliberate lying, though that is exactly what it is.

Name calling, insults and refusal to answer questions is simply intellectual lying; however, only to one own self.

Fortunately today, the only place that 'Creationism' thrives is within the minds of the scientifically illiterate like AZ0 who thinks that humans 'came from monkeys'.

At around 5;20 in the video it shows a pictures of the evolution of man, from ape to Neanderthal to homo habilis to modern homo sapiens. Doesn't it also state that man evolved from primates?
    As far a dirt man, man physical form is composed of the 3 basic states of matter, solid [like dirt] liquid [like water] and gas [like air]. That vaguely sounds like the scriptural account where God formed man from the mud and breathed the breath of life and man became a living soul. So now they have added a 4th state, plasma [ionized gas], I guess that is where man's conscious originates from huh? You know that little celestial spark that gives man the ability to discern truth from error.

for your information and education, humans were not produced from primates...HUMANS ARE PRIMATES.

Here is your own quote from Law of Evolution. So I guess you are trying to say that all things evolved each after their own kind then ?????

Quote Originally Posted by AZ0 View Post
    Here is your own quote from Law of Evolution.
    Oh yeah, Theory of Evolution.

As for the "Creation Scientists", what a joke...
    For 'creation scientists' the only 'qualification' needed is a white lab coat.

--johnson--.

Yes, I'm sure they don't see it as deliberate lying, though that is exactly what it is. They rely on the scientific ignorance of their audience to gain ground. There is no doubt that they will have to change though, as they have done in the past, when new scientific discoveries come to light daily and force their belief in ancient mythology into an ever decreasing corner. The 'god of the gaps' is getting smaller and less significant with every passing hour. Fortunately today, the only place that 'Creationism' thrives is within the minds of the scientifically illiterate like AZ0 who thinks that humans 'came from monkeys'. But as with all animals that fail to adapt to their surroundings, people like him will eventually become extinct. We must be thankful that it is only America that still has large herds of these human 'dinosaurs' still roaming freely, the rest of the civilised/developed world has moved on. We can only hope that, through the wealth of technology and information that we have at our fingertips today, the children of those 'dinosaurs' will eventually see the error of their parents ways and move forward although I think it will be a long time coming.

The rest of the developed world IS moving on and leaving those 'dinosaurs' far, far behind, wallowing in their self-imposed ignorance. The worst of it is that the dinosaurs are celebrating it!
    I used to think it was simply a lack of exposure to any other idea's or thoughts that led people to believe something as unnatural and absurd as Creationism, and that surely when they saw the evidence, idea's, science and plausible explanations they would understand and see sense. Obviously i was wrong... Im now relatively convinced by the research carried out on split brain patients that at least a proportion of the population has an inbuilt propensity to Mysticism that this is most likely the side effect of an evolutionary advantage or perhaps an advantage in itself.

Mysticism and superstition have deep roots in society and they will take a long time to dissipate out. Im pragmatic about it these days....
    Belief in things such as Creationism does nothing but hold people back from exploring new idea's and concepts and in a way that will lead to an evolutionary advantage for secularists and non-fundamental religious individuals.

I used to think it was simply a lack of exposure to any other idea's or thoughts that led people to believe something as unnatural and absurd as Creationism, and that surely when they saw the evidence, idea's, science and plausible explanations they would understand and see sense. Obviously i was wrong...
    They don't want to see the evidence. They have invested too much of their lives in their beliefs to have it all ruined by 'truth'. It's such a shame but it's hard to feel sympathy for them. Ignorance can be excused; wallowing in it cannot.

Mysticism and superstition have deep roots in society and they will take a long time to dissipate out. Im pragmatic about it these days....
    Belief in things such as Creationism does nothing but hold people back from exploring new idea's and concepts and in a way that will lead to an evolutionary advantage for secularists and non-fundamental religious individuals.
    Couldn't agree more old boy. When we rule the world those 'god-zombies' had better look out!

--johnson--.

Couldn't agree more old boy. When we rule the world those 'god-zombies' had better look out!

So by this statement is one to construe that you reject the freedom of thought? so if man does not have the free-will of thoughts then where do their thoughts originate from. There is floating around an interesting perception on the two distinct classes of the human ability of though, One being holding that thoughts are the random process of ionized particulates and the other being the particulate of massless energy.

the liberty to communicate one beliefs and ideas with others is a necessary law for those without, those are the godless zombies you have to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ0 View Post

So by this statement is one to construe that you reject the freedom of thought? so if man does not have the free-will of thoughts then where do their thoughts originate from. There is floating around an interesting perception on the two distinct classes of the human ability of though, One being holding that thoughts are the random process of ionized particulates and the other being the particulate of massless energy.

the liberty to communicate one beliefs and ideas with others is a necessary law for those without, those are the godless zombies you have to worry about.
    You miss the point - while you sit and pray for the cure, we will have already isolated the key gene, disabled it, and moved on. While you're doing a rain dance, we will have built an upper atmosphere ionizer capable of condensing water vapor into raindrops. It has nothing to do with freedom - you have all the freedom in the world to believe things that just don't add up. The point is, your kids also have freedom of thought, and their kids will too. In a world where information is obtained from countless sources more reliable than parents and church, kids' thoughts will no doubt be free to roam away from the religious indoctrination that imprisons you.

By the way, I find it funny that you compare atheists to zombies. We are the ones with true freedom of thought. You are 100% confined to think within a single book of fables and parables written during a time when absolutely nothing was understood of the world outside of a single sandy, miserable geographic area where the only hope of anything other than misery was found in devoting your life to a cause that would lead to paradise in the after life. But no, those who have wandering minds, who don't rely on God to make their life better, who make amazing machines that can take us to distant rocky bodies within the cosmos, who develop technologies to feed the starving and cure the diseased, those are the mindless zombies.

They don't want to see the evidence. They have invested too much of their lives in their beliefs to have it all ruined by 'truth'. It's such a shame but it's hard to feel sympathy for them. Ignorance can be excused; wallowing in it cannot.

See my tag line, bimbo.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow