Poll: Which method of murder do you consider to be the worst?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Methods of murder

Methods of murder

It is rare that I feel the necessity to create a new thread rather than simply participating in a preexisting thread. However recent discussion has warranted the following survey to determine the general consensus of others.

When the subject of murder and overall homicide statistics are relevant does the method of death matter? Is one type of murder worse than another or is there no difference since the end result is the same? If you lose a loved one to violence are you more likely to feel upset if they were murdered with a firearm than a knife or will you be upset regardless of what implement was used?
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenamnes View Post
    It is rare that I feel the necessity to create a new thread rather than simply participating in a preexisting thread. However recent discussion has warranted the following survey to determine the general consensus of others.

When the subject of murder and overall homicide statistics are relevant does the method of death matter? Is one type of murder worse than another or is there no difference since the end result is the same? If you lose a loved one to violence are you more likely to feel upset if they were murdered with a firearm than a knife or will you be upset regardless of what implement was used?
    I would say yes, it does matter. Nobody wants to hear that their friend of loved one suffered for hours while a psychopath cut off little pieces of them and forced them to eat them. Obviously I do not want to lose any loved ones to violence, but if I had to and got to choose the method, I would prefer that they be shot...preferably cleanly.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

If death results in total liquidation of a person, memories and all, then I suppose it doesn't actually matter how one goes out.