Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot

Squatch is offline Finder of the MissingLink
    I was quite interested in the chupacabras phenomenon but that's been all but identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Yes.......
    I cant find any evidence of a US government funded search for Bigfoot.
    I have this Documents Show Feds Believed in the Yeti - Washington Whispers (usnews.com) which doesnt say that the US government funded the search for the Yeti, just that specific regulations should be observed.

Apparently you do not think that the Yeti is the same as Bigfoot anyway.
    If you have any real evidence of government funded searches for Bigfoot I would like to see them...thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    I was quite interested in the chupacabras phenomenon but that's been all but identified.
    All but identified? What do you mean?

I believe that they survive in many places around the world from the secluded valleys of Nepal to hidden in the forests of the pacific north west. They have many names around the world but it is almost universally agreed that they live in the most secluded areas of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    I cant find any evidence of a US government funded search for Bigfoot.
    Why do you think that is?

I believe that they survive in many places around the world from the secluded valleys of Nepal to hidden in the forests of the pacific north west. They have many names around the world but it is almost universally agreed that they live in the most secluded areas of the planet.
    How about the monkey-man of Delhi do you believe in that?

How about the monkey-man of Delhi do you believe in that?

hmmm that's a new one on me I'm afraid

Why do you think that is?
    I think a US government funded search for bigfoot is a search for bigfoot funded by the US government. What do you think it is?

They have many names around the world but it is almost universally agreed that they live in the most secluded areas of the planet.
    Tell me, how did the Bigfoot scientists figure out that they live in the most secluded areas of the planet?

Tell me, how did the Bigfoot scientists figure out that they live in the most secluded areas of the planet?
    They're hard to find... it's like concluding giant squid aren't insatiably attracted to bright surface waters with lots of boats and people.

Look at the reports, there are many consistencies but one of the most prevalent is that the creatures leave calmly upon noticing people. It's reasonable to assume that sightings are only the times the creature wasn't paying much attention and humans noticed it first. From this one can infer that it avoids humans. Plenty of animals avoid uncomfortable proximity to other animals (i.e.you get to close and you trigger fight or flight), but few actively stay out of sensory range of humans for no other apparent reason.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    They're hard to find... it's like concluding giant squid aren't insatiably attracted to bright surface waters with lots of boats and people.

Look at the reports, there are many consistencies but one of the most prevalent is that the creatures leave calmly upon noticing people. It's reasonable to assume that sightings are only the times the creature wasn't paying much attention and humans noticed it first. From this one can infer that it avoids humans. Plenty of animals avoid uncomfortable proximity to other animals (i.e.you get to close and you trigger fight or flight), but few actively stay out of sensory range of humans for no other apparent reason.
    So in other words you can't find them and that is how you determined that they live in the most secluded areas of the planet?

So in other words you can't find them and that is how you determined that they live in the most secluded areas of the planet?
    Im not a marine biologist but I bet these whales lived in areas remote from humans
    World's rarest whale seen for first time after New Zealand beaching | Environment | guardian.co.uk

That's probably why they weren't seen before

What you do is tally up all of the sighting reports and guess what? They're nearly all in the middle of nowhere. This isn't just a case of someone deciding that an animal might exist and then goes out looking for it. We're talking about thousands and thousands of eyewitness reports as well as footprints left behind. As far as I can make out the government does not recognise the Sasquatch as a living species, due to the fact that "they" don't have a body.

I've never applied for government funding in america but I would guess wildlife studies are low on the list. What you would be asking them to fund is an effort to find what is ostensibly a mythical creature. Maybe they don't see a return on their investment. Maybe we would see a change if the person making the funding decisions was a Bigfoot witness or even just a believer.

Maybe they, as a species, witnessed the fate of the resident Homo Sapiens when the white man arrived and made it a priority to avoid mankind at all costs. If these things are closely related to us it's no giant leap to assume they can communicate basic ideas like, STAY THE F*CK OUT OF THEIR WAY!!

Maybe they, as a species, witnessed the fate of the resident Homo Sapiens when the white man arrived and made it a priority to avoid mankind at all costs. If these things are closely related to us it's no giant leap to assume they can communicate basic ideas like, STAY THE F*CK OUT OF THEIR WAY!!
    Why do Europeans have such a romanticized view of life in the Americas before western settlers?

These people were killing each other constantly just like any other tribal population on earth did (and does). They would not hesitate to kill a sasquatch that threatened them anymore than settlers would have. Maybe settlers wouldn't thank the corpse but I don't think that matters.

If Sasquatches learned to avoid humans I would suspect it happened over thousands of years in the new stone age as humans began to routinely have weapons that made them dangerous to directly compete with.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Im not a marine biologist but I bet these whales lived in areas remote from humans
    World's rarest whale seen for first time after New Zealand beaching | Environment | guardian.co.uk

That's probably why they weren't seen before
    The ocean is remote from humans in a really big way compared to the way Bigfoot territory is remote from humans, like several orders of magnitude difference.

So if they can find evidence of the spade-toothed beaked whale which should be way harder to get then evidence of Bigfoot why no Bigfoot evidence that scientists don't reject?