Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 92

Thread: Bigfoot

  1. #31
    Squatch is offline Finder of the MissingLink
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastl upon Tyne
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I bet there is more (and better) evidence that space aliens are abducting people.
    There is no evidence at all that aliens are abducting people, other than eyewitness testimony. No physical evidence. Find me some evidence I dare you...

  2. #32
    Squatch is offline Finder of the MissingLink
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastl upon Tyne
    Posts
    56
    Oops, forgot to mention that the so called eyewitness testimony is brought about by hypnosis where clinical studies have shown false memories are likely to occur. If a hypnotised person believes subconciously that he or she is pleasing the hypnotist they will construct false memories that fit within a known parameter. ie alien abduction. years ago these experiences would have been put down to visits from demons or angels, it's all about cultural context, just consider when the phenomenon became common? Yes, you guessed it, when science fiction movies were becoming popular.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    There is no evidence at all that aliens are abducting people, other than eyewitness testimony. No physical evidence. Find me some evidence I dare you...
    Well what's wrong with eyewitness testimony?

  4. #34
    Squatch is offline Finder of the MissingLink
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastl upon Tyne
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Well what's wrong with eyewitness testimony?
    First hand eyewitness testimony which has been hypnotised out of someone doesn't sound reliable to me. If you can't remember something happening and then get hypnotised in order to remember, doesn't bode well. I explained why in my last post.

    Now if there were eyewitness testimony from an independent third party or, even better, video footage of an abduction taking place then I would start to take the phenomenon seriously. UFO footage doesn't count as evidence for abduction.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    First hand eyewitness testimony which has been hypnotised out of someone doesn't sound reliable to me. If you can't remember something happening and then get hypnotised in order to remember, doesn't bode well. I explained why in my last post.

    Now if there were eyewitness testimony from an independent third party or, even better, video footage of an abduction taking place then I would start to take the phenomenon seriously. UFO footage doesn't count as evidence for abduction.
    Ok, lets say UFO's in general not just abductions.

    Plenty of eye witnessís accounts plenty of footage, good enough for you?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Ok, lets say UFO's in general not just abductions.

    Plenty of eye witnessís accounts plenty of footage, good enough for you?
    There is not plenty of footage if you only consider conclusively inhuman cases.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    There is not plenty of footage if you only consider conclusively inhuman cases.
    You are going to need to expand on that a bit, not sure what you mean.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    You are going to need to expand on that a bit, not sure what you mean.
    Footage that is more than a bright dot moving radically in horrible resolution. You know the U.S. built at least one saucer shaped craft as well.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Footage that is more than a bright dot moving radically in horrible resolution. You know the U.S. built at least one saucer shaped craft as well.
    Obviously you havenít looked, there are all kinds of them that are surprisingly good.

    Way more convincing then some guy in a Bigfoot costume.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Obviously you havenít looked, there are all kinds of them that are surprisingly good.

    Way more convincing then some guy in a Bigfoot costume.
    Present them
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Present them
    Here they are!

    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...j1.nUkWRhh3vEE

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Here they are!

    ufo - YouTube
    Youtube with "ufo" as the search? You are going to have to do better.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Youtube with "ufo" as the search? You are going to have to do better.
    No I am not, Bigfoot and UFOs are about the nature of people, it is not about weather or not these things are real.

  14. #44
    Squatch is offline Finder of the MissingLink
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastl upon Tyne
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    No I am not, Bigfoot and UFOs are about the nature of people, it is not about weather or not these things are real.
    No way! You simply can not put them in the same category when you actually start to look at the evidence. Yes, for the average man on the street, Bigfoot and UFOs are both firmly in the paranormal camp but the evidence says otherwise. You have to take a much bigger leap of faith to believe in aliens travelling across cosmic distances faster than light than you do to believe in an undiscovered animal living in a barely populated wilderness.

    I'm actually surprised you said that.

  15. #45
    Squatch is offline Finder of the MissingLink
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Newcastl upon Tyne
    Posts
    56
    That link really stinks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •