Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To hell with Islam

To hell with Islam

Am I right people? Violent riots and attacks on US consulates and embassies over a 13 minute film showing Mohammed as being a less than dignified XXXXX. And they want us to believe that islam is a peaceful way of life and sharia law should be given consideration over the bill of rights? Yeah to hell with that. The minute the muslims in America try anything like this that notion is going to be shot to hell, along with them too if it comes right down to it. If they get their foot in the door up to the ankle on this matter you're going to see riots on America's streets that eclipse the race riots that came about after Rodney King got beaten.

Then again they might not wanna do that because then they'll show that they really are a threat and the country's anti-muslim sentiment will be deserved and that they're all fit to be driven out of the country, along with every illegal immigrant we can find and stick on the back of a truck.

For now though I'm gonna go enjoy some nice crispy bacon, and then I'm gonna go find the closet mosque, grab a bullhorn and start shouting that Mohammed was no prophet and Allah is no god.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbi View Post
    Am I right people? Violent riots and attacks on US consulates and embassies over a 13 minute film showing Mohammed as being a less than dignified XXXXX. And they want us to believe that islam is a peaceful way of life and sharia law should be given consideration over the bill of rights? Yeah to hell with that. The minute the muslims in America try anything like this that notion is going to be shot to hell, along with them too if it comes right down to it. If they get their foot in the door up to the ankle on this matter you're going to see riots on America's streets that eclipse the race riots that came about after Rodney King got beaten.

Then again they might not wanna do that because then they'll show that they really are a threat and the country's anti-muslim sentiment will be deserved and that they're all fit to be driven out of the country, along with every illegal immigrant we can find and stick on the back of a truck.

For now though I'm gonna go enjoy some nice crispy bacon, and then I'm gonna go find the closet mosque, grab a bullhorn and start shouting that Mohammed was no prophet and Allah is no god.
    Why would you want to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Why would you want to do that?
    Because in America you can do that and get away with it without a legitimate fear of being beheaded for blasphemy. The same can't be said about other countries.

Because in America you can do that and get away with it without a legitimate fear of being beheaded for blasphemy. The same can't be said about other countries.
    You do realise that Allah and Yahweh are the same "god"? But I agree, neither actually exists.

And gansao has a point, why do something inflamatory just because you think you can 'get a way with it'?

If you cause the riots, you are just as culpable as those doing the rioting - possibly more so.
    Religion is the placebo of the masses - House.
    If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people - House.
    God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance - Neil deGrasse Tyson.
    That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens.

I really cant understand some people's mentality.
    An outrage has occurred thousands of miles away about an alleged slight in a US video insulting Mohammad and she wants go out and insult muslims living in the US. Well that'll teach them tha' ragheads !
    Also why should anyone think that Muslims would give a rats arse about a Christian eating bacon.
    This kind of imbecilic thinking is no better than Palestinians insulting Palestinian Christians because of the actions of the US.

Let's try and keep things in perspective here. Because an American citizen made a film about Mohammed being a regular guy and showing that he might've been less and perfect, and posted that video on youtube for all to see, the islamic communities are attacking US consulates and embassies in different nations and engaging in extreme violence, property damage and even murder. That's a considerable amount of disproportionate retribution isn't it?

If all it takes is a disparaging remark (or in this case a display) about Mohammed is all it takes to whip up the islamic community into a foaming at the mouth pot of crazy then why exactly are we giving them so much consideration? They're apparently never more than one cross word away from wanting to kill you and believe that if they don't take actions against you then it's their sin and they'll be punished instead.

And you can't really be held responsible for riotous action unless you're deliberately stoking an already lit fire that's burning as it is. So if I rent a pig and stick a Mohammed name tag on its side and walk it up and down the street I'm just being disrespectful to a group that wants to kill us for being different from them. But there's really not much they can do about that here in America without proving that islam haters have been right all along, which is cruelly hilarious as they can either have vengeance or they can bite their tongue and try to continue pretending that they're peaceful and don't want to hurt us.

Let's try and keep things in perspective here. Because an American citizen made a film about Mohammed being a regular guy and showing that he might've been less and perfect, and posted that video on youtube for all to see, the islamic communities are attacking US consulates and embassies in different nations and engaging in extreme violence, property damage and even murder. That's a considerable amount of disproportionate retribution isn't it?

If all it takes is a disparaging remark (or in this case a display) about Mohammed is all it takes to whip up the islamic community into a foaming at the mouth pot of crazy then why exactly are we giving them so much consideration? They're apparently never more than one cross word away from wanting to kill you and believe that if they don't take actions against you then it's their sin and they'll be punished instead.

And you can't really be held responsible for riotous action unless you're deliberately stoking an already lit fire that's burning as it is. So if I rent a pig and stick a Mohammed name tag on its side and walk it up and down the street I'm just being disrespectful to a group that wants to kill us for being different from them. But there's really not much they can do about that here in America without proving that islam haters have been right all along, which is cruelly hilarious as they can either have vengeance or they can bite their tongue and try to continue pretending that they're peaceful and don't want to hurt us.
    Lets get things in perspective here. Not all Muslims want to kill people for insulting Mohammad. The problem with people like you is that you cannot differentiate between extremists and ordinary people. Are all Americans like Timothy McVeigh?

Lets get things in perspective here. Not all Muslims want to kill people for insulting Mohammad. The problem with people like you is that you cannot differentiate between extremists and ordinary people. Are all Americans like Timothy McVeigh?
    Well if you believe groups like the brady campaign and the violence policy center then yes they are, according to them absolutely every last American is just like Timothy McVeigh and just waiting for a reason to explode and start killing people en masse.

Well if you believe groups like the brady campaign and the violence policy center then yes they are, according to them absolutely every last American is just like Timothy McVeigh and just waiting for a reason to explode and start killing people en masse.
    TBH I owe you an apology Tabbi. One of your countrymen has been murdered and I am crticising you for being mad at the group of people that the murderers belonged to.
    Nevertheless insulting Muslims in the US will not punish the perpetrators nor are all Muslims part of a conspiracy that resulted in the deaths of these US citizens.

TBH I owe you an apology Tabbi. One of your countrymen has been murdered and I am crticising you for being mad at the group of people that the murderers belonged to.
    Apology accepted Gansao sweetie.

Nevertheless insulting Muslims in the US will not punish the perpetrators nor are all Muslims part of a conspiracy that resulted in the deaths of these US citizens.
    It's more than just simply taking the atheistic approach to the matter out of spite. It's a calculated approach to try and draw out whatever latent islamic extremists are present in the local muslim communities, just like a hunting dog is used to flush out waterfowl. The more laid back muslim individuals will let the issue slide because they understand that there's not much that can be done. The terrorists in waiting will be deeply offended and provoked and hopefully exposed to the light of day like a gathering of cockroaches so the authorities can handle them.

As it stands it's just a matter before some form of violent protest hits the states, today they struck Australia of all places. So rather than sit and wait I prefer to take a more preemptive approach. If the intolerant atheist approach doesn't draw out the extremists and shake up whatever plan is in the works for righteous jihad then they've got far cooler heads than their foreign brethren wold have us believe.

Apology accepted Gansao sweetie.

It's more than just simply taking the atheistic approach to the matter out of spite. It's a calculated approach to try and draw out whatever latent islamic extremists are present in the local muslim communities, just like a hunting dog is used to flush out waterfowl. The more laid back muslim individuals will let the issue slide because they understand that there's not much that can be done. The terrorists in waiting will be deeply offended and provoked and hopefully exposed to the light of day like a gathering of cockroaches so the authorities can handle them.

As it stands it's just a matter before some form of violent protest hits the states, today they struck Australia of all places. So rather than sit and wait I prefer to take a more preemptive approach. If the intolerant atheist approach doesn't draw out the extremists and shake up whatever plan is in the works for righteous jihad then they've got far cooler heads than their foreign brethren wold have us believe.
    Well good luck with that Tabbi. Insulting Muslims to root out the extremists....sigh.

Well good luck with that Tabbi. Insulting Muslims to root out the extremists....sigh.
    It's not like their attack on our embassies in foreign nations will yield any better or more positive results, none of those people had anything to do with the film.

Oh the irony.

1. Muslims in Libya assume every American wants nothing more than to disgrace the prophet because they see America as a collective, so they kill someone.
    2. Tabbi gets upset, and undeniably blames every Muslim even the ones living in western countries. Because she thinks Islam is a collective.
    3. Gansao questions this attitude, but then apologizes... because tabbi is entitled to get mad at a collective because her collective was hurt validating her belief in righteous anger as Islam.

.... and they ask what is wrong with the world today....

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Peikoff
    Collectivism holds that, in human affairs, the collective—society, the community, the nation, the proletariat, the race, etc.—is the unit of reality and the standard of value. On this view, the individual has reality only as part of the group, and value only insofar as he serves it.
    I do not forgive the murderers in Libya because other Muslims in other middle eastern nations have died before. I do not forgive Tabbi. Justice does not care about phantom entitlements to avenge the demise of people you've never met against those who had nothing to do with it.

When and if the definition of Muslim includes immoral acts, it will be proper to condemn that category; not before.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

Freedom pal that was an intelligent, well thought out explanation showing what is wrong with killing and spiting people of an ethnic unit because one individual did something to upset another ethnic unit.

Nevertheless islam as a whole is not a religion that has much tolerance and sharia even less. Being a woman if I were to convert to islam I'd be guilty of blasphemy if I chose to listen to my Metallica album or had a conversation with a complete stranger of the male persuasion. Following the traditional practices of sharia law I'd be regarded more as property than a person and devoid of a say on the matter because that's blasphemy. Under sharia law I could be put to death for finding fault with some aspect of islam or doing the daily prayers in any language other than arabic.

Everyones allowed to be irrational sometimes Freedom.
    What she thinks may be wrong but I should not have insulted her for being human.