Thread: Should parents have the right to say no to vaccines for their children?

Should parents have the right to say no to vaccines for their children?

Over recent years more and more concerns have been raised about vaccines, there is mounting evidence that vaccines are not only not always effective but they also carry risks, these risks include but are not limited to autism, cancer, infertility and in rare cases death.

Parents are given a consent form to sign but what is happening these days is if parents refuse to sign for vaccines social services are called in, the parents are then forced to vaccinate or they will face removal of the child by the state, the state will then assume parental responsibility and ensure vaccination.

What is the point of asking for parental consent if really there is not an option? Should parents have the right to chose what vaccines if any are given to their children?

I would go as far as to suggest that forced vaccination, especially where the vaccination can cause infertility and even death is actually part of a hidden eugenics agenda or crypto eugenics if you like.

I am interested to hear other views on this.

it isnt illegal everywhere to be insane...

Links to Autism are the usual claim. interesting that the UK physician that first forwarded this idea had his medical license revoked for his ideas and scientific fraud. Last i heard was he was being prosecuted. I think anyway that if you added together all of the deaths from MMR Polio and smallpox in the 100 years preceding the widespread use of vaccines and compared that against every single case of autism since, the number would be quite acceptable.
    My parents generation lived in terror of Polio. Most if not all people who would fail to vaccinate their children were raised after that period in an era where the biggest childhood killers were brought down to rarities.
    Don't teach your kids to swim! Water is dangerous. A proven killer. It causes respiratory arrest in anyone who is immersed in it for more than a few minutes. A tablespoon can kill. Sorry...

Ever consider that if everyone in the world vaccinated their kids most childhood diseases would disappear in a couple decades? Perhaps it is only because segments of the human population can't or won't these things still persist and kill. Nobody would need to worry about linkages of vaccines to other things if they became unnecessary. How would anyone else feel to know that a small group of people were keeping deadly diseases active simply due to an unproven claim made by a proven fraud, and spread via preschools and gossip by ignorant well meaning parents. Parents who are faced with a terror of their own time.
    I think I can render some assurance since the statistics are easy to find. Measles, Mumps, Rubella. and especially Polio and Smallpox,were they still around, and not even mentioning the things tamed by antibiotics. Those 5 alone make any of the tragic portions of the things vaccines are blamed for pale into insignificance if they were still unmatched. And I have a good friend with a severely Autistic daughter.
    Parents shouldn't need to be forced. They ought to be educated. Trouble is some just need something to blame. it gives them an outlet for their grief and guilt at something not within their control. More resources spent on science and education will do better than all the lawyers, prayers, and anger in the world every single time.

I am a radiation worker. I make drugs used in medical diagnostic imaging. my job includes the highest class of routine exposure. I risk this so the sick can be healed. It is worth it. Sometimes we choose the lesser evil. if evil there ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by ir8d8r View Post
    Links to Autism are the usual claim. interesting that the UK physician that first forwarded this idea had his medical license revoked for his ideas and scientific fraud. Last i heard was he was being prosecuted.
    It should be noted that the two have not been proven as connected. Simply because the physician who made the link has experienced a revocation of his medical license does not mean that the link between vaccine and autism is incorrect. Correlation does not equal causation.
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

Yes parents have all the rights to say no for vaccines for their children.