Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Correctness

Political Correctness

Debating political correctness in America and the world.

Today's example from liberal MSNBC:

‘COME UP WITH A MORE NEUTRAL TERM’: MSNBC PANEL DEBATES USING THE WORD ‘HERO’ TO DESCRIBE FALLEN SOLDIERS

A panel on MSNBC's Chris Hayes’ show engaged in a debate over how to refer to our fallen soldiers.

Specifically, the panel debated over using words like “hero” because– in their words– the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan aren’t “worthy” causes.

Chris Hayes introduces the issue:

“I feel uncomfortable about the word ‘hero’ because it seems to me that it is so rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war. Um, and, I don’t want to obviously desecrate or disrespect memory of anyone that’s fallen, and obviously there are individual circumstances in which there is genuine, tremendous heroism, you know, hail of gunfire, rescuing fellow soldiers, and things like that. But it seems to me that we marshal this word in a way that is problematic. But maybe I’m wrong about that…”

MSNBC Panel on Chris Hayes‘ Show Debate Using the Word ’Hero’ To Describe Fallen Soldiers Memorial Day Weekend | Video | TheBlaze.com
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

When was there ever a "popular" war that the far left loons embraced? And most of those loons are parasites who live off the freedoms won by the blood, sweat, and tears of patriots.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

You've gotta be ****ing me! There are people who believe the term "hero" is politically incorrect to describe our fallen soldiers who died for a cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbi View Post
    You've gotta be ****ing me! There are people who believe the term "hero" is politically incorrect to describe our fallen soldiers who died for a cause?
    Was it a just cause?

Bellum iustum:
    for a good and just purpose rather than for self-gain
    waged by a properly instituted authority such as the state
    peace must be a central motive even in the midst of violence
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Was it a just cause?
    Was it a just cause when police officers murdered survivors of Katrina when they were trying to get out of the city? Turning them away from the bridge out of town and shooting them in the back as they fled?

Was it a just cause when those two California police officers beat a homeless man to death on camera while he begged for his life?

Was it a just cause when police officers murdered survivors of Katrina when they were trying to get out of the city? Turning them away from the bridge out of town and shooting them in the back as they fled?

Was it a just cause when those two California police officers beat a homeless man to death on camera while he begged for his life?
    As in the case of Trayvon Martin, the police found the Katrina survivors guilty of the crime of being black.

And, obviously, the police officers involved in case in California were Republican and the man they killed was guilty of being homeless and impoverished.

Class warfare in America. urged on by conservatives.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

As in the case of Trayvon Martin, the police found the Katrina survivors guilty of the crime of being black.
    *Buzzer sound* Wrong Simone sweetie. The cops that were found guilty included black officers, and plenty of the people being shot at and killed were whites.

And, obviously, the police officers involved in case in California were Republican and the man they killed was guilty of being homeless and impoverished.
    Obviously Simone sweetie? Prove that's the truth and not a made up fairy tale you decided to create because you can't address the fact that your liberal heroes are butchers and willing to murder people for no reason.

And don't even make me bring New York police officers into the discussion we're having here because I'll bury you with all of the racist stuff they've done to innocent people.

Class warfare in America. urged on by conservatives.
    That's stupid. It was instigated by a parasite liberal commentator.

There are follow up comments.

Politico reported that the blogosphere was heating up with anger over Hayes' comments.

Politico reported that Kurt Schlichter at Breitbart blasted Hayes for his comment, writing, “memo to Chris: they are heroes, and you don’t get a vote.”

“So, like so many other useless progressive fops who glide from cocktail party to panel discussion, Chris Hayes continues to push his progressive vision of collectivist serfdom from behind the unbreachable wall of American warriors,” Schlichter wrote. “He has not stood with them and, in fact, is unworthy of doing so. He is a parasite taking sustenance from the exertions of better men and women.

Schlichter also picked apart Hayes’ line, “rhetorically proximate to justifications for more war.” The MSNBC host, Schlichter blogged, “sounds like one of my commie grad students trying to impress credulous freshman girls after a choom session in the quad.”

VFW Demands Apology from MSNBC Host Over Comments About Fallen Soldiers

Liberals don't have the backbone for a gut-wrenching war.

Here are the "heroes" of the liberals in action. Watch and cheer them on and sing their praise for all to hear, and go ahead and spit on the person in the wrong. MILLER: SWAT rampage destroys Iraq vet's home over guns - Washington Times

This sounds a lot like your speed and way of doing things Simone sweetie. So what comes next? Maybe some actual state sanctioned rape where government employed thugs go around and violently rape any pro-life woman they can find in the area and get them pregnant for their beliefs? Or maybe you'd like to see immigration opposition members rounded up and deported to countries like Cambodia and South Africa where they might get killed for being white? Or maybe your liberal government "heroes" can go out, round up religious believers and crucify them in public.
    Last edited by Tabbi; 05-29-2012 at 01:23 PM.

"When everyone's super, no one is!"
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."

Evidence? Pictures? Sworn statements? Or just the unfounded assertions of some inflammatory website with nothing but vacuous theories?

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Evidence? Pictures? Sworn statements? Or just the unfounded assertions of some inflammatory website with nothing but vacuous theories?
    The officers involved were found guilty. Unfounded assertions of some inflammatory website don't yield convictions.

What's this? No discussion about heroes in action? I was sure Simone and similar like-minded people would have something to say. Where are the cheers and support for the DC SWAT team that arrested and abused an Iraq war veteran and spent seven hours destroying everything he owned as they tore his house apart to locate three unregistered guns? After all these people are heroes, why are you people treating them as such?

Come on! Three cheers for the DC SWAT team! Speak up Simone, speak up Brady! These are the people you support, this is a story that you want to see! Why are you being so silent on the matter?

What's this? No discussion about heroes in action? I was sure Simone and similar like-minded people would have something to say. Where are the cheers and support for the DC SWAT team that arrested and abused an Iraq war veteran and spent seven hours destroying everything he owned as they tore his house apart to locate three unregistered guns? After all these people are heroes, why are you people treating them as such?

Come on! Three cheers for the DC SWAT team! Speak up Simone, speak up Brady! These are the people you support, this is a story that you want to see! Why are you being so silent on the matter?
    The DC police thought they were intervening to prevent a veteran from committing suicide. The man had earlier called a Veteran's Crisis Hotline. Please take the trouble to put things in context. But no one is calling them heroes. You're just silly.

As far a our "fallen", not everyone who dies even at the hands of the enemy is a hero.
    What would we call soldiers that actually did something extraordinary, Superheroes?
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."

And in their effort to prevent a veteran from committing suicide they spent the better part of the night orchestrating with EOD, arrested the man, told him the constitution was pure bull**** and they didn't need a warrant, destroyed his luggage, ransacked his home for seven long hours, killed his fish and basically treated him with as much disregard as you'd expect them to treat an identified terrorist cell.

But that's alright as far as liberals are concerned because his guns were unregistered in DC and that's a crime. Where are the cheers from people like Simone and Brady for their actions and their results? So the man's life has been turned upside down and he's out thousands of bucks, at least there are three less unregistered guns in our nation's capital. Don't the ends justify the means? Or are the liberals going to turn on their previous positions and admit that these were not the actions of heroes but rather and unacceptable abuse of power and completely uncalled for?