Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whites the new recognized minority

Whites the new recognized minority

Census: Fewer white babies being born – In America - CNN.com Blogs

So according to the census bureau there are fewer whites being born compared to other races. What his means is that whites are quickly becoming the minority in America and qualify for protection under the Civil Rights Act and any other piece of legislation aimed at making sentences much stiffer for hate crimes. So anybody that's black or mexican and has a problem with whites then that's too bad because they're a minority race now and you can't do anything to them or you're gonna be in for hate crime charges because now you're gonna be the racists, not the people you're beating on.

Are Hispanics white when referring to Mr Zimmerman but not white when referring to US racial demographics in general?

Slightly less than half of all babies are caucasian and you think that makes caucasians a recognized minority?

What a maroon.
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Are Hispanics white when referring to Mr Zimmerman but not white when referring to US racial demographics in general?
    Some people that would identify as "Hispanic" are Mestizo and some are not.

Quote Originally Posted by sinjin View Post
    Some people that would identify as "Hispanic" are Mestizo and some are not.
    What group applies to Zimmerman?

What group applies to Zimmerman?
    I know nothing of his family history. Is his Hispanic ancestry on his mother's or father's side? Hispanic is not a race regardless.

I know nothing of his family history. Is his Hispanic ancestry on his mother's or father's side? Hispanic is not a race regardless.
    Is ' black' a race?

Is ' black' a race?
    What do you think?

African Americans (also referred to as Black Americans or Afro-Americans, and formerly as American Negroes) are citizens or residents of the United States who have at least partial ancestry from any of the native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa.

African Americans make up the single largest racial minority in the United States.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-american

But definitely not Hispanics:

The U.S. Office of Management and Budget currently defines "Hispanic or Latino" as "a person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race."
    Last edited by sinjin; 05-22-2012 at 02:44 PM.

The idea of a recognized minority is an abomination.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

What do you think?

African Americans (also referred to as Black Americans or Afro-Americans, and formerly as American Negroes) are citizens or residents of the United States who have at least partial ancestry from any of the native populations of Sub-Saharan Africa.

African Americans make up the single largest racial minority in the United States.
    African American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But definitely not Hispanics:

The U.S. Office of Management and Budget currently defines "Hispanic or Latino" as "a person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race."
    So you think that Australian Aborigines are not black then or maybe all ' blacks' are of the same race?
    Ill ask you again..is 'black' a race?
    You know as well as I do that one can be described as a racist when one is prejudice against someone who has the same colour as you and that problems with different groups of people with the same skin colour can be considered racial problems.
    I do hope you never refer to your president as a black one

Is 'white' a race?
    Last edited by gansao; 05-24-2012 at 01:02 PM.

So you think that Australian Aborigines are not black then or maybe all ' blacks' are of the same race?
    You know as well as I do that one can be described as a racist when one is prejudice against someone who has the same colour as you and that problems with different groups of people with the same skin colour can be considered racial problems.
    I do hope you never refer to your president as a black one

Is 'white' a race?
    There are no objective races, just arbitrary identifications of genetic difference. Depending on the genomic or phenomic properties you pick there could be two races or a hundred. Scientist hesitate to define a species as an isolated gene pool (isolated from all others in that they can't reproduce) but it's the only non-arbitrary standard there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    There are no objective races, just arbitrary identifications of genetic difference. Depending on the genomic or phenomic properties you pick there could be two races or a hundred. Scientist hesitate to define a species as an isolated gene pool (isolated from all others in that they can't reproduce) but it's the only non-arbitrary standard there is.
    True,
    'Racial' differences really equal cultural differences.

True,
    'Racial' differences really equal cultural differences.
    I would say cultural friction, cultures are rarely exclusive; and they have often merely added onto one another to form a more diverse whole. Weak racism often motivates the desire to 'protect' some perceived culture or genes from 'contamination'. True culture is not in danger, but this attitude is mostly only successful in alienating the people you label as alien

AA's are racially distinct and while they are referred to as "black" in Australia, they are not closely related to African Americans.

I guess it depends on who's speaking.

One can be described as racist when one is merely prejudice.

I do hope you never refer to your president as a black one.
    My mother is 100% Irish or nearly. Am I not an Irish-American, even though my father is not?
    How often in his life has Barack Obama been referred to as white? Never I'll bet.

Is 'white' a race?
    In common parlance, yes. Beyond all equivocation? No.

My mother is 100% Irish or nearly. Am I not an Irish-American, even though my father is not?
    How often in his life has Barack Obama been referred to as white? Never I'll bet.
    No, you're an American if you were born in America but not Ireland.