Is the red an accurate summation of the blue in this exchange, bold has been added as my perception of the sections which are being responded to:

String 1
Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
A gun won't pull and aim itself and if you are panicking you probably won't live anyway. It's a double standard to evaluate non-lethal weapons with panicking defenders, but presume defenders with guns won't panic. Tactical options are created by your preparation. Buying a gun and learning how to use it is a self-defense strategy, pulling it and shooting a criminal is a tactical option; and your only one if you only buy and know how to use a gun.
Quote Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post
Probably not if your all panicked out,in which case get a cell phone.Right off I can't think of anyone that buys a firearm for the express purpose of shooting anyone,but it's nice to know how if need be.
Hopefully they buy it for the tactical option, which wouldn't be an option if the gun didn't do anything.

String 2
In this context strategy is what you carry around with you, what you have bothered to learn, where and how you travel, and last but not least how you will evaluate threats and attempt to prevent attacks.
Have you learned? then you do carry something other than a cell phone? And you can evaluate a possible attack?
No, I don't have anything but a cell phone; in fact I don't have a cell phone often enough. I think I can evaluate the threat of an attack, but I would only be capable of dealing with an assault by a weaker opponent without a weapon. There is always running Seriously though, I don't feel threatened where I live, if I did I would have better preparation.
What if it were a stronger person+weapon?And running just isn't a option?
I hope they don't kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by manufactured quote
Hopefully they buy it for the tactical option, which wouldn't be an option if the gun didn't do anything.
I hope they do.. I hope they don't kill me.
Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jones View Post
What makes you think your neighbor wants to kill you?
My neighbor wants to kill me.

Once again do the blue answers to separate strings of discussion, somehow combine to:
Quote Originally Posted by manufactured quote
I hope they do.. I hope they don't kill me.
which somehow meant:
My neighbor wants to kill me.