Thread: If it takes a bloodbath, let's get it over with. No more appeasement!

If it takes a bloodbath, let's get it over with. No more appeasement!

The title is taken from the words of Ronald Wilson Reagan as Governor of California on April 7, 1970.

Some three weeks later, on May 4, 1970, the Kent State shootings exploded.
    Three weeks before the Kent State massacre, California Governor Ronald Reagan issued the following statement "If it takes a bloodbath, let's get it over with. No more appeasement."

Nice one Ronnie.
    Kent State Anniversary=May 4th. Ronald Reagan said he wanted a blood bath. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Good ol' Ronnie Reagan:
    As Governor, Reagan helped California’s public schools slip from #2 ranking to a #26 in just 8 years; in the aftermath of the killings at Kent State in May, 1970, to calm the exploding emotions Governor Reagan declared that:

“If blood is to run in the streets so be it!”

… and unleashed the brutals to attack the state’s students. In response, the University of Southern California summarily ended the semester weeks early, and, in a direct challenge to Reagan’s orders, awarded students grades and degrees.

As President he introduced America to deficit spending even along side tax increases, -yes increases -, made necessary by his massive increase in military spending. He insisted on a 600 ship Navy against the advice of his admirals; spent billions to retrofit World War II era battleships – only to order dozens of his 600 ships and battleships decommission soon after he left office.
    Reader Rant: ‘This is the Ronald Reagan I remember …’

Yep, spending massive amounts of money on creaky old ships and letting universities die.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Try researching yourself instead of posting something you found on democraticunderground. Good grief, get some perspective.

I'll help you out: The Delta Cost Project on Postsecondary Education Costs, Productivity, and Accountability

A good source for Higher Education cost research

Liars can figure and figures can lie.

Lay out all the numbers you wish. I'm talking about results.

Results don't lie.

Stupidity! That's what we have because of Reagan.

A big God damned pile of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Liars can figure and figures can lie.

Lay out all the numbers you wish. I'm talking about results.

Results don't lie.

Stupidity! That's what we have because of Reagan.

A big God damned pile of stupidity.
    Apparently you're a product of that. If it's results you are looking at than you need to correlate that with Reagan. All you have done is shown Reagan cut funding for Higher Education resulting in tuition increases back in 1967...for one state. 49 other states had similar problems around that time and were already having students charge tuition (where do you think the HEA of 1965 came from). So why don't we just blame Johnson, Nixon, Ford, and Carter?

Furthermore, "results" are just a figure and as you say figures can lie. Do you even know how your "ranking" was produced? The author doesn't even cite what metric it was. Does that even matter? Is there a correlation between what Reagan did and why this supposed ranking declined? Was it in decline prior to his arrival? See, you are more full of sh*t than anyone else here.

Result's may not lie, but you are starting to.

I don't have to lie. That's why I stand where I stand on issues, so that I don't have to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    I don't have to lie. That's why I stand where I stand on issues, so that I don't have to lie.
    Well, you don't have to but you do. You don't present any rational thoughts that relate to each other. You asked Daewoo what he thinks is wrong with America...it's bigots like you and Easy who can't get past their own hatred of a certain political party.