Thread: What's your average commute?

What's your average commute?

My average commute in the past six years has been right around 10 miles to and from work. Over the past three years I have began using an electric bicycle that can travel up to 25 mph, though I've had it up to 33 (wheeee). It has a range of 10-15 miles on a 4 hour charge... The kit was $329.00 for the 500 watt front wheel mounted motor with the 36volt battery pack, a $100.00 bicycle from a local bike shop and I've traveled over 5,000+ miles in the last three years on it. For the price of making a pot of coffee a day I have urban travel w/o the high costs of owning and operating a combustion engine vehicle.

What's your average commute... have you considered alternatives to your current transportation?

My commute now is on the bus, about 15 minutes one way. I get an "eco pass" from work and it's great. For 18 years my commute was 15 minutes walking, but I moved, fortunately to a place where the bus works well. For 25 years I didn't even own a car, but now I have a Subaru and I drive it about 10 miles a month. I really feel sorry for people who spend hours driving in traffic, and I wish it was easier to get out of that horrible situation.
    Definition of Cretin: The most common derivation provided in English dictionaries is from the Alpine French dialect pronunciation of the word Chrétien (Christian), which was a greeting there. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the translation of the French term into "human creature" implies that the label "Christian" is a reminder the person's "Christ-like" inability to sin, stemming, in such cases, from an incapacity to distinguish right from wrong. [and Magical Thinking]